Primary teacher- Qualifications Assessment

papillion

Hi all!!

I am a primary school teacher, hoping to move to oz this August with my boyfriend whom is relocating with work to Perth.

I am about to begin my TRBWA qualifications assessment form, and I have a query that I was wondering if anyone may know the answer to before I pay my $480..

I began my studies in University studying a Bachelor of Business Studies and French for two years, however soon realised that it wasn't for me, and transferred to the B.Ed course within the same university. I am wondering whether this will cover me for the four year tertiary degree dilemma?

Here is their requirements:

In order for a teaching qualification to be accredited as an ITEP it must meet the National Program

Standards as outlined in the Accreditation of Initial Teacher Education Programs in Australia: Standards and Procedures (April 2011)

Qualifications in Teaching Recognised as Equivalent to an accredited ITEP

The TRBWA will also accept qualifications in teaching that are equivalent to an accredited ITEP.The Board

will generally recognise a qualification in teaching

as equivalent to an accredited ITEP where it meets at least one of the following four criteria

:

1.A qualification awarded on completion of a higher education course of initial teacher education that

a)is of at least 4 years’ full-time duration or part-time equivalent duration;

b)has at least one year (full-time or part-time equivalent) of professional teacher education subjects (including supervised

teaching practice).

c)includes at least 45 days satisfactory supervised teaching practice undertaken at a primary or secondary school or

other recognised educational venues; and

d)is comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree.

A qualification awarded on completion of a higher education course of initial teacher education that

a)requires entrants to have a higher education qualification of at least 3 years full-time duration or part-time equivalent duration and that is comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree;

b)has at least one year (full-time or part-time equivalent) of professional teacher education subjects (including supervised

teaching practice).

c)is of at least 1 year’s full time duration or part-time equivalent duration;

d)includes at least 45 days satisfactory supervised teaching practice undertaken at a primary or secondary school or other recognised educational venue

And e)is comparable to an Australian Graduate Diploma

Pleeeease someone help me, as I am hoping so very much that my transcripts this will suffice.

Thank you so much in advance! V :)

• 2 weeks later...