Any other hairdressers out there applying for vetassess?

Vickiw89

Yeah that's it, it's a Skype interview that lastsfor up to 2 hours, mine was about an hour and a half. They ask you lots of different questions like the ones laura and I have posted here. They'll ask you to explain how you would do certain things etc. have a google of Aussie hairdressing units so you can get an understanding of their expectations of a level 3 hairdresser. I won't lie, I found it quite full on but as long as you revise well you should be fine.

My partner and I are looking at the NT too but we are struggling to find $50000 to prove for the application. I hope you don't mind me asking but do you have family in the NT? It's just our agent told us we could only apply for the 489 unless you have family there which we don't.

you should get your date within the next few days id say! Are you doing it in Manchester?

Okay. I've referred training.guv.au for their Level of skill.

im from India and I don't have a family in nt, though my cousins in some other part. So it's going to be like a complete different world for me n my son.

i actually want to know what did you answer in some of the question you have put in. If you can help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Laura and girls I am new on here I am a hairdresser looking to go to Australia from wales, I have done ielts and now just finished my vetasess and had a successful on 30th October 15 so relieved. we are using an agent and she is lodging the expression of interest not sure what happens from here. we are looking to go NT as this is where agent said we are wanted are any of u heading that way?

Hi shells. Congrats on vetassess. haven't gotten as far as eoi yet. I am currently in New Zealand. Only arrived 3 weeks ago. We are planning on submitting our eoi in the new year, We will also be applying for NT although not too keen on going there but it's a step in!! Have you been to NT before

Hi shells, my partner and I were looking to go to the NT after Queensland was taken off the list but we need proof of $50,000 which we don't have, and we can only apply for a 489 as we don't have family in the NT, so we are now looking into alternatives! Congrats on vetassess that's great news! Have you put your eoi in yet?

Hi Laura aww that's so annoying how they change all the time . We have our skills select in and now we in process applying to Nt we would love a 190 but not sure if we will get it as no family there but gonna try see what they say not sure how it works for this . What's NZ like ? Are u from uk ? X

Haha ah that's ok! Yeah I'm from the UK, had a working holiday in oz and nz and loved both, must say I would prefer Australia over Nz but not sure if that's possible yet. Yeah we are with go Matilda but have put a stop on moving forward at the moment and have just contacted a nz agent, think we will look at going there instead now!

Where would you look at moving to in the NT? My partner has been to Darwin and he said it was really nice, just the humidity, but it's not forever! Have you been to oz before?

Hi sorry I'm rubbish at this lol how come your in NZ NOW ? Very exciting ! No never been to NT before bit nervous and excited lol . My biggest worry is the kids as not sure what the schools are lke there x

I was just sick of how long the visa process was and nothing happening so we booked our flights and were in NZ within 10weeks[emoji3]

When we first started the process we were hoping to go to south Australia then hairdressing was taken off the list. So we can only go to NT aswell.

My bf is a cabinet maker and is on the list for most states but he is short a few months experience to qualify and would also mean starting the process all over.

Are Ye planning on going as soon as Ye get the visa or finishing the school year in the uk. I'm sure it is a lot harder with kids to get organised. What ages are they.

Hi, ive just moved over to oz on a working holiday visa from Scotland.

Im a fully qualified hairdresser, and was wondering if anyone can advise if its possible to get a trade visa to enable me to stay in oz permanently? and can this be done whilst in Australia?

Any assistance would be appreciated

MW

Hi, ive just moved over to oz on a working holiday visa from Scotland.

Im a fully qualified hairdresser, and was wondering if anyone can advise if its possible to get a trade visa to enable me to stay in oz permanently? and can this be done whilst in Australia?

@mwotherspoon - try reading the previous posts in this thread so you start to get an idea of what's involved.

To get a straightforward (189) skilled visa, your occupation must be on the SOL (Skilled Occupation List) - which hairdressing isn't, so that is definitely not an option for you.

It is on the CSOL, but only for the Northern Territory and Tasmania - and that means you have to be sponsored. Obviously you don't want to live in either of those states long-term, but if it's your only way of gaining the right to live in Australia permanently, it might be worth considering a year or two in another state, where at least you can fly home for regular holidays.

Edited by Marisawright

Hi Laura aww that's so annoying how they change all the time . We have our skills select in and now we in process applying to Nt we would love a 190 but not sure if we will get it as no family there but gonna try see what they say not sure how it works for this . What's NZ like ? Are u from uk ? X

Hello all,

my my technical interview is scheduled on 24/11. I just read previous messages n Shells you have appeared recently. Would you mind posting some questions so that I refer. Thank you so much.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...