Any other hairdressers out there applying for vetassess?

Vickiw89

Ah that's brilliant. I just sent off my paperwork work yesterday. So hopefully there's everything they need and ill get a date for the technical exam soon enough

Very good I'd say you were delighted to get that sent off. You shouldn't be too long waiting.

I had started off last year with an agent and she told me each step that needed to be done. But she never actually did anything for me. So I decided to do it myself. I've done a lot of research and think I know what I'm doing :-) I also spoke to someone in visa first and he was great he gave me a lot of free info.

Hi girls,

ah yay that's good news Laura! Great you don't have to fly over here again!

Ah how exciting edel, it won't take long then for you to get your date!

I'm still waiting for my certificate from vetassess, I've heard they can take a long time to come through and I'm a bit stuck without that at the moment, I've no idea how many years experience they have given me so can't go ahead with my eoi yet!

• 2 weeks later...

So I did my resit on Thursday it only lasted 15 min.

I was asked the colour wheel and that was it on colour.

I was asked how would I do a chemical straightening service? I just rhymed off what I had studied.

Then I was asked why would you not preform this service on a client?

What size section would you take?

Is it ok to use a ghd on the hair or would you use a different brand?

Can you clip the hair up after this service?

If a client has no definite parting where would you part the hair during this process?

Hope this helps someone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi girls so has the new occupation list released today changed plans for anyone.

I was really hoping for SA but hairdressing is not on the list. So at the minute I only qualify for NT but I will need $50,000 in the bank :-(

I'm a bit frustrated as what to do next.

On the plus side i passed vetassess

Oh yay Laura that's great news well done :) I know, as far as I can see none of the states have changed for hairdressers, but by the time we get our certificates you never know it might have changed again! Be prepared for a long wait for it, they are still processing my results

Thanks girls.

i am a bit confused with the eoi. I first submit my EOI through immi skill select and chose NT. On the application it asked what date I received a positive assessment, work details, ielts results etc. But no prof.

I then thought I had to go to the state page NT and submit a further eoi to them. On this application it asks for proof of cert and prof of funds etc.

But other people on this form are saying u do not have to show evidence. So I don't really know if the eoi on the immi.gov.au page is all I need to do. Have you come across this and what have you done.

Thanks girls.

i am a bit confused with the eoi. I first submit my EOI through immi skill select and chose NT. On the application it asked what date I received a positive assessment, work details, ielts results etc. But no prof.

I then thought I had to go to the state page NT and submit a further eoi to them. On this application it asks for proof of cert and prof of funds etc.

But other people on this form are saying u do not have to show evidence. So I don't really know if the eoi on the immi.gov.au page is all I need to do. Have you come across this and what have you done.

Ok just found the answer to my question. I do need to submit the eoi on NT page.

Oh yay Laura that's great news well done :) I know, as far as I can see none of the states have changed for hairdressers, but by the time we get our certificates you never know it might have changed again! Be prepared for a long wait for it, they are still processing my results ?

How long have you been waiting for cert now Vicki. It really drags everything out.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry I have only just seen this! I'm still waiting, since the 5th May. I contacted them a couple of weeks ago to ask how long it will be and they were still waiting for my results to be processed. It's so annoying cuz I cant move on without it! I have no idea how many years experience they've given me and I need the letter of invitation to submit my EOI!

is that the kangan form? I sent mine back before I did my technical and it's still being processed! Ah I love new Zealand. We're actually looking into migration options over there, we still have another year whv visa were entitle to, which we may use! Have you been to NZ before?

Oh really I was only sent that form with my positive assessment. I've never been my sister has and preferred it over oz. I've done a lot of research and there seems to be jobs in Auckland, nice apartments, nice area etc.

We have just been so focused on getting to oz that we never even considered nz.

Where would you go back to if u went.

It's just amazing, but so different to oz! I'll be honest though, I hated Auckland, we were there for 10days and I couldn't wait to leave. We had gone straight from oz so I was a bit gutted to be leaving but there wasn't really anything in the city. They don't really do shopping, it was just so different. But that was the only place I didn't like, we travelled both the north and south and I loved everywhere else. I'd go back to the south island without a doubt, you've gotta go see queenstown and Wanaka, and in the north taupo and rotorua. I wanna live in Hanmer springs though in the south. Having said that, we struggled to get paid work, and most of the jobs are in the north particularly Auckland, so it's a good place to go and earn some money!

Honestly it is amazing! I didn't really want to go, but in a way I prefer it to oz. But you cant really compare them they're so different! We might use our 2nd whv and go back whilst we wait, were bored of the UK again now, we haven't been home long it's just so miserable over here!