Any other hairdressers out there applying for vetassess?

Vickiw89

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 07:29, Heena12 said:

Hi. I also cleared stage 1 of pathway 2 through vetassess. Now waiting for technical interview. How to revise those units I have nothing to prepare.

Thanks Param. 

Hi Heena,

Could you please guide how to and what to prepare for stage 2 technical interview?

Thanks,

Heena

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/05/2019 at 09:24, Heena said:

Hi Heena,

Could you please guide how to and what to prepare for stage 2 technical interview?

Thanks,

Heena

On 12/03/2019 at 18:57, Natalie clark said:

Any hairdressers on here recently done the vetassess technical Skype interview for hairdressers ?

Hi everyone. This platform has been very helpful. I have been reading all the comments and that gave me a lot of confidence. I have cleared stage 1  of pathway 2. I am waiting for technical interview.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 07/06/2017 at 10:24, sony said:

Hi Emma ,

i guess even though you don't do some units , make sure you know the process, how you do it , why you do it . I've been asked the complete process of chemical straightening, how you'll the hair needs to neutralise . So just get the knowledge of it.

Hi Sony, 

I know this is an old thread, I have found it extremely helpful in my preparation. My test is in 2days and I've been going over all my old college notes. 

I was wondering if you could help me, do they refer to chemical straightening process or process of performing a relaxer in your questions? This process is slightly different. 

I hope you can assist me. 

Thank you so much!

6 hours ago, Halohair said:

Hi Sony, 

I know this is an old thread, I have found it extremely helpful in my preparation. My test is in 2days and I've been going over all my old college notes. 

I was wondering if you could help me, do they refer to chemical straightening process or process of performing a relaxer in your questions? This process is slightly different. 

Thank you so much!

Hey I was asked about chemical straightening! I was asked how I would do the process and then he asked questions about how to check if it was ready. He did give multiple choice answers. This is the section that I failed on. I YouTubed videos of it for my resit and I passed. If you haven't done one I would recommend just youtube. Good luck!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Halohair said:

Hi Sony, 

Thank you so much!

Hey there,

They asked me regarding Chemical Straightening and i wasn't given multiple choice i had to describe the process step by step so i was so very grateful i had this post and studied it pripor to my interview. 

My advise would be spend extra time on that section over the next day for your interview.

GOODLUCK!

FYI Everyone, i got my visa grant Dec 2018 - time has flown.

I hope those that were waiting also got approved.

Cheers

B

5 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Were going through an agency and apparently everything is still on for us - hence the vetassess date being set for tomorrow. So fingers crossed all still remains on track.??

On 07/06/2017 at 10:24, sony said:

Hi Emma ,

i guess even though you don't do some units , make sure you know the process, how you do it , why you do it . I've been asked the complete process of chemical straightening, how you'll the hair needs to neutralise . So just get the knowledge of it.

Hi Sony, 

Thank you so much!

2 hours ago, Halohair said:

Were going through an agency and apparently everything is still on for us - hence the vetassess date being set for tomorrow. So fingers crossed all still remains on track.??

If the agent is MARA registered then you should be able to rely on their advice.

In your shoes, I would drop them a line and ask them about the threat of hairdressing being removed and what the current situation is.  You're paying them, you're entitled to ask questions. 

• 1 month later...

Im also in the process of applying for a hair visa, currently waiting for a date for my technical fingers crossed it all goes ahead, does anyone know what other questions they ask in the technical? Iv been studying chemical straightening but not sure if they ask barbering etc? 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi there community,  I hope you all well. Just wondering if anybody able to help me here. I've read few messages about hairdresser technical interview and skills assessments. So I done my skill assessment came back successful thank God for that. Just need a help in technical interview now which is taking place on 15 of this month. Help please 

Regards Raja

Hi,

it’s been 6 years I had give. Interview but if you good with hairdressing follow the thread and it will help you a lot. I remember I was asked permanent hair straightening procedure, how do you check the process done or not through strand test, cutting angle of layered bob/ bob. Any colour correction done.

That’s all I recall. But read the past posts it will help you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...