Any other hairdressers out there applying for vetassess?

Vickiw89

I am a hairdresser. I advise be careful within ur migration agent. Mine did not submit all documents within lodged nomination, though I told him and provide every single documents. If u attach everything even 80 form, do medical. Better. It depends on migration agent reputation when they assigning CO. I think. Good luck. And it has been 3weeks while I paid step 2 fees. Still waiting for interview. Can u plz tell me the venue for that. 

I am a hairdresser. I advise be careful within ur migration agent. Mine did not submit all documents within lodged nomination, though I told him and provide every single documents. If u attach everything even 80 form, do medical. Better. It depends on migration agent reputation when they assigning CO. I think. Good luck. And it has been 3weeks while I paid step 2 fees. Still waiting for interview. Can u plz tell me the venue for that. 

I’m using the same agent I used for my 457, they were amazing. Mine won’t submit without full documents.
I agree, my agent advised for my 457 it would be 12 weeks, it was granted 12 weeks and 2 days, my agent followed up with immigration at exactly 12 weeks and 2 days later it was granted
I have 100% faith in my migration agent

I think they hold hairdressing interviews once a month, I originally had mine scheduled for September, but I ended up in hospital with appendicitis so had to reschedule last minute, I sat it in October. Ahh I can’t remember off the top of my head what the building was called it was in CBD though! Albert street rings a bell?
I sat mine on the Monday, received positive outcome online on the Wednesday and certificate arrived Friday :)

• 1 month later...
On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 18:51, NiamhD said:

This is amazing information! 

I'm still a bit confused but,  

With the list that you have to do 25 compulsory units is that in the test on a computer or is that everything you have to do and send in as video evidence? 

And how are the units added up?  

Is each task one unit?  

As the hair & design say "pre-requisite" 

Did anyone know what this means?  

Thanks in advance ?

Hi,

Its a technical interview... this means all questions are asked face to face with an assessor and they record you for the answer.

I am unsure how they mark you.

Have you submitted your evidence yet?

Regards

Bella

On ‎3‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:34, Brills33 said:

Great thank you again for your advice again, what was the actual name of the book you bought, I've had a look online but unsure as to which book to get? 

Thank you x 

Hey,

I am so sorry I never got back to you! I need to turn the notifications on to this forming! I'm hoping you found the book!

Have you had your interview yet?

Bella

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, so this thread was started in 2015, so is everyone who started the process from the UK back then all happily settled in Oz? We are just at the very beginning but was hoping (everything being successful) that 12 months was a reasonable timeline but I am beginning to doubt that. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

15 hours ago, laurenday said:

Same visa as me..

Sucks to be in the waiting game! I’ve got a long way to go yet! Submitted 28th feb and submitted medicals on Friday

What salon are you at?

I worked at blowbar shibumi! Loved all the girls there so much... i miss it!

How comes its taken you so long to submit application?

They have just increased the waiting time to 16 months for DE. Are you a member of the 186 visa forum too?

On 25/01/2018 at 15:44, Heena12 said:

Hi bella. Do u have u Australian experience? Then still have to technical interview. Plz reply....  

HEENA,

I am so so sorry I have some how overlooked this message!

I had no Aussie experience at the time of applying for my 186 visa...

What did you end up doing??

Are you in canbara?

Regards

What salon are you at?
I worked at blowbar shibumi! Loved all the girls there so much... i miss it!
How comes its taken you so long to submit application?
They have just increased the waiting time to 16 months for DE. Are you a member of the 186 visa forum too?

I’m at Raw Edge in Belmont! Where are you at now?

We were initially going to wait for the temporary transition stream, but when they changed all the rule for 457 visas we decided it would be best to go DE instead! So we had to find the money to pay for it! And skills assessment, migration fees etc and I have 2 children aswell so 4 if us on the application wasn’t cheap [emoji51]

Oh that’s weird, on my immi account it was originally 15months estimated now it’s changed to 9-12month

I’m not too bothered about waiting, I’ve still got 2 and a bit years left on my 457 and bridging visa granted

No I don’t think I am, I’ll search now for it
Thanks [emoji16]

On 08/03/2018 at 03:53, Bellabonkers said:

Hey,

I am so sorry I never got back to you! I need to turn the notifications on to this forming! I'm hoping you found the book!

Have you had your interview yet?

Bella

Hi Bella 

Sorry for the super late reply.

Yes I had my interview back in September and passed, it all went very well. I purchased an Australian standard hairdressing book and read it cover to cover over a few months before the technical interview. All of the questions asked I had read in the book so it was well worth the $70 I paid for it. 

We applied for a 187 visa November 2017 and expected a year wait, but was advised in March 2018 that the wait could be 17 months due to changes within the department of immigration. So applications aren’t being processes as quickly as they should be. 

So we are in for a long wait. Currently still in the UK. 

Emma 

Edited by Brills33

WOW that is a long wait. Although I assume the wait will bw worth it and by this stage there should be no major snags and you can start dreaming of a sunnier life. 

Im miles behind everyone on this thread, we are trying to do it ourselves and my current issue is how I lay out the evidence in the way VETASSESS want to see it?

My plan was to take a couple of videos and use the software discussed throughout this thread but in terms of capturing all the requirements of the units/modules required and cross refrencing to my evidence pack I was going to do write ups of the techniques required but highlight the health and safety aspects, environmental awareness, cutting techniques throuhgout each etc.

Is there such a thing as over kill or is it the more the merrier?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, raeside01 said:

WOW that is a long wait. Although I assume the wait will bw worth it and by this stage there should be no major snags and you can start dreaming of a sunnier life. 

Im miles behind everyone on this thread, we are trying to do it ourselves and my current issue is how I lay out the evidence in the way VETASSESS want to see it?

My plan was to take a couple of videos and use the software discussed throughout this thread but in terms of capturing all the requirements of the units/modules required and cross refrencing to my evidence pack I was going to do write ups of the techniques required but highlight the health and safety aspects, environmental awareness, cutting techniques throuhgout each etc.

Is there such a thing as over kill or is it the more the merrier?

Thanks 

Hi ?? 

It’s frustrating for sure waiting as we’ve done everything we can now. We just wait and potentially could still get turned down for the visa. Although I don’t know what the chances are of this happening.

As for Vetassess evidence, you really sound like you have a plan and know what your talking about. The aim of this evidence submission is show you have understand, so I don’t think there is such a thing as overkill. 

I used a spreadsheet with the units listed down one side. And I numbered all my pieces of evidence, then listed the evidence number next to the units it related to. Sometimes most or all of my evidence referred to these units so it was time consuming listing them. Anything that I couldn’t add to my evidence, I wrote up my understanding of this unit to show I had knowledge. 

I hope this helps. 

Emma 

• 1 month later...
Hi guys, so this thread was started in 2015, so is everyone who started the process from the UK back then all happily settled in Oz? We are just at the very beginning but was hoping (everything being successful) that 12 months was a reasonable timeline but I am beginning to doubt that. 

Hi Rae
I haven’t been on this in so long. I have been in Darwin for the past 10 months. Loving every minute and the long process was well worth the wait. Also before I came to Darwin I was dreading having to stay here for 2 years on the 489 but the time is flying here and the sun is always shining. Good luck with the visa process
Laura

23 hours ago, laurahair said:

Hi Rae
I haven’t been on this in so long. I have been in Darwin for the past 10 months. Loving every minute and the long process was well worth the wait. Also before I came to Darwin I was dreading having to stay here for 2 years on the 489 but the time is flying here and the sun is always shining. Good luck with the visa process
Laura

Hey Laura, Is it relevantly easy to get a job in Darwin? I'm trying to think of back up plans in case the visa i have applied for falls through ...And i know that NT do state sponsorship....when i jumped online to check out jobs there didn't appear to be much ...

Hey Laura, Is it relevantly easy to get a job in Darwin? I'm trying to think of back up plans in case the visa i have applied for falls through ...And i know that NT do state sponsorship....when i jumped online to check out jobs there didn't appear to be much ...

Hey
The salons don’t seem to advertise much on job sites. I have found they look for staff through there Facebook pages, or they have signs up on the window. Everyone is saying Darwin has quietened down a lot recently, house prices have gone down and so has rent. I found it easy to get work but I had to walk into salons and drop my cv in. As for my bf he is a cabinet maker and there is no work in his trade up here but he got a job in warehouse, so it’s all good [emoji4]

• 8 months later...

Hey

I am a hairdresser gathering up employment evidence and now I am stuck 🙈 While studying hairdressing here in Ireland I worked part time 24 hours in total for 2 years. I do have my contract but I was paid in Cash. She has written up a smashing work reference hope that's sufficient evidence?

And just to be sure do you need references from all your past employers? Worked on a cruiseship and only have bank statements and contracts to prove my employment. 

Hope someone can help me understand all this Vetasses requirements better. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Suncuti09 said:

Hey

I am a hairdresser gathering up employment evidence and now I am stuck 🙈 While studying hairdressing here in Ireland I worked part time 24 hours in total for 2 years. I do have my contract but I was paid in Cash. She has written up a smashing work reference hope that's sufficient evidence?

And just to be sure do you need references from all your past employers? Worked on a cruiseship and only have bank statements and contracts to prove my employment. 

Hope someone can help me understand all this Vetasses requirements better. Thank you. 

First, employment prior to being fully qualified is usually not counted for skills assessments.

If you are struggling to complete the skills assessment, then I would strongly recommend speaking to a registered migration agent. 

• 1 month later...
On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 15:51, NiamhD said:

This is amazing information! 

I'm still a bit confused but,  

With the list that you have to do 25 compulsory units is that in the test on a computer or is that everything you have to do and send in as video evidence? 

And how are the units added up?  

Is each task one unit?  

As the hair & design say "pre-requisite" 

Did anyone know what this means?  

Thanks in advance ?

Thanks for your information. Really helped my confused mind.