UK election: where does your vote go?!

SophieTheSoph

I am planning to vote in the forthcoming election in the UK but can't find any info on which candidates get your vote if you're an overseas national, i.e. who (individual) are you voting for? Is it based on your last know uk address or something?

I know this forum always has someone who knows the answer to everything, so thanks in advance :)

Sophie

its totally a personal choice, however i would suggest a vote for an outsider who shares your passions.

a vote for any of the big parties is generally wasted as they just do as they've ever done, lie cheat and steal.

that's why question time is only ever any good with outsiders, they aren't tied by the same scripting and rules of the big parties :)

its totally a personal choice, however i would suggest a vote for an outsider who shares your passions.

a vote for any of the big parties is generally wasted as they just do as they've ever done, lie cheat and steal.

that's why question time is only ever any good with outsiders, they aren't tied by the same scripting and rules of the big parties :)

I was meaning more in the sense of the function of voting as an overseas person - i.e. without a constituency and therefore without candidates, as opposed to which party to pick (I know who has my vote already :) ).

e.g. if I vote for the Greens, which MP am I electing (or not)?

I think you are misreading the question here. The OP is trying to find out which constituency would apply to them and how to find out details of the candidates in that constituency.

I was meaning more in the sense of the function of voting as an overseas person - i.e. without a constituency and therefore without candidates, as opposed to which party to pick (I know who has my vote already :) ).

e.g. if I vote for the Greens, which MP am I electing (or not)?

I believe it is the last constituency in which you were registered

To me voting for someone who has no chance of winning is a wasted vote.

I always vote fo a major party.

Way to hold them to account.

Peter Wellington in QLD is a good example of the benefits of voting independents in elections