457 Subsequent Entrant Processing times? Can I speed it up?

Chillers

Hello all,

I'm just wondering on the processing times for a subsequent 457 visa. I've had to leave Australia and apply off shore as my bridging visa whilst waiting on an MRT did not permit me to apply on shore. I have obviously cancelled the MRT and left the country.

I have lodged all relevant information, proof of relationship, medicals and police checks from both the UK and Aus but still haven't had any response in over 3 weeks.

My girlfriend is currently in Australia and we miss each other very much, the wait is causing some financial inconvenience. Is there any way I can speed up the process? Would it worth writing to immigration and explaining the circumstance or would I be wasting my time?

I lodged on the 23rd of Jan and I've not had any response other than it has been lodged. Will they even tell me when a CO has been allocated?

Many thanks.

Dan.

"Can I speed it up?" No you can't. Everyone who has an outstanding subsequent entrant application has what they believe are special circumstances and many would probably be more pressing than yours e.g. partner with a difficult pregnancy or whatever. You've done everything you can and now just need to be patient shouldn't wast the processing team's time by writing to them. You probably won't ever become aware that a CO has been allocated if no further information or documentation is required - the first thing you're likely to hear is that the visa has been granted.

Hello all,

I'm just wondering on the processing times for a subsequent 457 visa. I've had to leave Australia and apply off shore as my bridging visa whilst waiting on an MRT did not permit me to apply on shore. I have obviously cancelled the MRT and left the country.

I have lodged all relevant information, proof of relationship, medicals and police checks from both the UK and Aus but still haven't had any response in over 3 weeks.

My girlfriend is currently in Australia and we miss each other very much, the wait is causing some financial inconvenience. Is there any way I can speed up the process? Would it worth writing to immigration and explaining the circumstance or would I be wasting my time?

I lodged on the 23rd of Jan and I've not had any response other than it has been lodged. Will they even tell me when a CO has been allocated?

Many thanks.

Dan.

Unfortunately you are asking questions too late.

There would have been a way of lodging off shore and then coming back to await processing in Australia.

Now all you can do is wait. 3 weeks is nor long for a 457 application. If it was lodged properly with all of the necessary documents, it should not be much longer.

Unfortunately you are asking questions too late.

There would have been a way of lodging off shore and then coming back to await processing in Australia.

Now all you can do is wait. 3 weeks is nor long for a 457 application. If it was lodged properly with all of the necessary documents, it should not be much longer.

I am interested in hearing about how i could have done that Raul?

Some good news... My visa was granted today.

So i'll pass on this information so it can be of some help to others.

457 Subsequent Entrant as a Defacto Partner with 6 Months Proof

Lodged 23rd Jan

Approved 16th Feb

Evidence used:

4 Page statement about our relationship signed by both of us

Joint Account

Joint Electrical Bills

Separate Internet Bills with same address

Separate Telephone Bills with same address

Stat Decs (Form 888) from two people we both know

Car insurance with both names listed as drivers

Cards from Family

Valentines and birthday Cards

Wedding invitations

Bills from several Holidays we had been on (Some of these did not include both names)

We sent them a copy of our whatsapp messages together throughout a full year period (over 50 pages of text)

Over 50 photos dated with locations.

Edited by Chillers

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm just wondering on the processing times for a subsequent 457 visa. As my husband is in Australia i am waiting for my visa ...

I have lodged all relevant information, proof of relationship, medicals but still haven't had any response in over 2 weeks.

My husband is currently in Australia and we miss each other very much . Is there any way I can speed up the process? Would it worth writing to immigration and explaining the circumstance or would I be wasting my time?

I lodged on the 20th of Feb and I've not had any response other than it has been lodged. Will they even tell me when a CO has been allocated?

Many thanks.

Swati

• 3 years later...