Schools in Newcastle?

sandramcd

Hi there, my husband has an interview at Newcastle Uni at the beginning of June and will be going on his own to check the place out. Can anyone advise about good schools in and around Newcastle? We have 5 kids ranging from 1 month to 10 years and are looking for child friendly suburbs with everything walkable if possible. Thanks!

• 3 years later...
Guest The Ropey HOFF

F.O.G on the Tyne, is supposed to be a good one.

Sorry i couldn't resist.

Its a 4 year old thread, probably the OP is no longer posting, anyone else know? Best of luck.

Hello! We ended up in the New Lambton area so our kids have gone/are going to New Lambton Heights Infants School (gorgeous!), New Lambton Public and Lambton High. Very pleased with all of them. Unfortunately we are far enough out of New Lambton itself that nothing is really walkable! Other good suburbs with nice schools would be The Junction, Kotara, Adamstown (Bel Air) or Eleebana down at Lake Macquarie.

Good luck!

Guest PBandJ

Thanks so much for the reply! Visas granted at Christmas and OH has a job offer in Belmont, so checking out all the possibilities. We had originally hoped to be nearer my sister in North Sydney, but been reading some lovely things about Lake Macquarie and Newcastle.

How exciting!

We have friends in North Sydney and it takes about 1 hr and 20 mins from here to get to them. I reckon there is more freedom for kids up here. Belmont is lovely - beach and lake, don't know anything about schools though.

Happy to help with any more questions, haven't been on here for ages but got the email notification

Archived