peer to peer money swap

bobfromdinaspowys

Why is it illegal? Currency fair, wesell etc. are doing this but taking a cut in the process.

If it's just money you've been accumulating and not missing, why not do something like foreign currency trading? Especially with the dollar being so low, you're taking a mighty cut with your £=$ offer.

is anyone interested in a direct swap Aus. dollars for GBP.

Ahh, that's the bit that made me think you meant £=$ (which made it seem quite dodgy in my mind). I'm not sure the best way to transfer large amounts of money so good luck with that :)

Whoever you use will not give you the 'true' exchange rate and may well charge fees on top too - this is how companies like HiFx, Transferwise etc. make their money but in all honesty the amounts are not substantial so unless you were transferring millions I would keep life simple and use a company.

Assuming you are honest and straight up Bob, then you risk attracting someone that isn't and creating stress and heartache.

Thanks to all who have replied. Yes I could use any of the transfer companies -, Banks, peer to peer organisers etc., but for the same reasons that I did my own conveyancing when I bought my block, namely, to save a few dollars but also to learn what is involved in the "professional" service provided, I was just investigating if anyone of a like mind was interested in doing a currency swap.

I understand the concern that some may have about whether or not I am legitimate/honest, thats natural.

I can only say that if you are considering this I am sure that these can be overcome, and if not Hey, don't worry about it, just don't proceed and feel free to post your Legitimate concerns based on fact and I will be more than happy to respond.

Some background to the fees involved.

Figures from an exchange site this am.

AUD 100,000 at mid market rate = GBP 51,268-53 after they take a cut GBP 50,950-00 FEE GBP 318-53/ AUD 621-00

GBP 52,000 " " " = AUD 101,382-95 after they take a cut AUD 100,755-20 FEE AUD 627-75

total cost for two parties AUD 1248-75

Now I have a rough Idea how long it takes me to earn $600-00 and if I can save that using a computer in my free time I would like to.

Once again thanks to all who have taken the time to respond.

Regards,

Bob