AHPRA - All new applicants to have an International Criminal History Check

archlever

As of the 4th of February 2015, all new applicants who have lived outside of Australia for more than 6 months need to apply for a International Criminal History Check, before sending their application to AHPRA. This check needs to include ALL countries that you have lived in from more than 6 months from the age of 18.

Here is the link:

http://www.ahpra.gov.au/Registration/Registration-Process/Criminal-history-checks/International-Criminal-History.aspx

Something to be aware of for new applicants or if your application will land with AHPRA after the 4th.

Guest Chewitts
Does anyone have any experience of this yet? I have twice taken 'gap' years to go travelling, do I have to get checked for every country I've been through? Could take a while...:err:

countries that you have lived in from more than 6 months

were you in any one country for more than 6months?

Does anyone have any experience of this yet? I have twice taken 'gap' years to go travelling, do I have to get checked for every country I've been through? Could take a while...:err:

No experience I'm afraid but they do say...

• "have lived, or been primarily based in one or more countries other than Australia for six consecutive months or longer, when aged 18 years or more."

Make of that what you will. Were you based in one country for more than six months in your gap year?