Stop All The Negative Posts!

Guest gemmahey

Im saying zilch ... too scared!

Nics x

:twitcy: You'll be right - they can't climb through the computer & get ya !!!! :biglaugh:

(soz but i believe in freedom of speech & no one should be told what to say or what not to say) (or post as the case maybe)

ok rant over

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jaiyork

Dont Worry This Will End It All For Everybody!......its Not Like Years Ago....its Not The End Of The World.......its Just Like The Song.......your Only A Day Away! Lol

Guest JoanneHattersley

Freedom of speech is perfectly right Giz!

However the OP says STOP the negatives and thats what KellyJamie is asking for????

Where do you draw the line?

It s a public forum guys and to an extent folks can post what they want.We have a few threads of no negatives,and a few negatives only at the mo so if you dont like what your reading swap threads,you will always find negative posts on a forum as you will find positive posts,things may get repeated by new members or for the benefit of new members,we cant expect them to check back 50 pages in case its already been said/asked !

Lets not turn this into another argument and end up with the thread being closed,,please xxxxx

Cal x

Guest JoanneHattersley
It s a public forum guys and to an extent folks can post what they want.We have a few threads of no negatives,and a few negatives only at the mo so if you dont like what your reading swap threads,you will always find negative posts on a forum as you will find positive posts,things may get repeated by new members or for the benefit of new members,we cant expect them to check back 50 pages in case its already been said/asked !

Lets not turn this into another argument and end up with the thread being closed,,please xxxxx

Cal x

Well said! You found that fine line that i was looking for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy::notworthy:

Guest TheBrowningFamily

For God's sake, I thought this forum was for EVERYONE, Those waiting and those already here.

It is invaluable as somewhere to express negative feeling to those people aready in Australia...I see your not yet OP, perhaps when you have been over here for a while you will have taken off your rose tinted glasses (as we all had to) and be more accepting of the 'whinging poms' posts or even be making them!

As much as you say if you don't like it go back, life is SO not that simple, lucky you if you think it is!!

I would say to you, if you don't like reading the negative posts...HERES A NOVEL IDEA hit your back button and don't flamin read it! (or maybe find another forum where everyone lies and says Australia is heaven, kids don't get homesick, family members 1,000's miles away don't get rushed to hospital, jobs are perfect and very well paid, houses are cheaper than you can find on the internet, interest & exchange rates are wonderful and the education system is free and WONDERFUL!)

Guest Aldo

Just saw a bumper sticker in Springwood with an aussie flag and underneath was "If you don't love it, LEAVE"

Anyone here?

Until you have walked in someone elses shoes, don`t accuse them of whinging, though personally Im now starting to get fed up with the whinging about the whinging so Im off to give myself a slap.

I was just drowning in the whinging .... and you made me laugh .... Thank you for giving me a new lease of life lol

Ali

Just saw a bumper sticker in Springwood with an aussie flag and underneath was "If you don't love it, LEAVE"

Anyone here?

Seen another sticka in Mindarie "Aussie Life FIFO" and it dont mean Fly in fly out :yes:

Malx

aka Billy N M

easy up there guys, apologies whoever thought my thread was offensive as im the least offensive person you,ll meet, but the threads title is no negative posts please hence why i read it i agree with the idea of someone who suggested maybe tim add a section for people to talk about their feelings who are finding it difficult as we who have yet to experience it cant obviously comment, but also appreciate that when you are still in the planning stages as you all were you have that excited unknown feeling and as i previously said its good to keep grounded but it can be worrying also reading the negatives so i generally dont read them which is why i read this one as for me thinking that the airport post was my 4 benefit comment thats a tad harsh as i certainly wasnt being mean to whoever posted it. these types of threads can get so out of hand its unreal and b4 you know it your havin cyber argument with people youve never even met! free speech absolutely 100% but i dont think people need to be so personal in their comments and if your havin a tough time settling the last thing id imagine you would want to hear is all us naive people ranting we think its going to be gr8, again maybe a seperate thread? anyhow apologies for those of you who took it the wrong way your obviously folk ive never chatted with as you would of known i wasnt being horrible:wubclub:

We have 26 different sections of this forum - I think there's already a place for all types of posts to be posted, I really don't think we need to add another section

Ali

Could someone please tell me the difference between a negative post, a realistic post and a whinging one? Isn't it all in the eye of the beholder?

I would never consider myself anything other than positive (yes, I do live in LaLa Land, just past Away With The Fairies), but I have a sneaking suspicion that what I would read as realistic others would see as negative?

Sometimes it seems that people pose questions or make statements and only want the RahRah crowd to comment. Life has to be a matter of balance and I personally find the less rose-coloured comments pretty interesting. Nothing I've read on this forum (and I don't claim to have read all of it!) would have put me off emigrating, although it might have made me aware of possible pitfalls....

:cute:Yours a bit smugly*,

LC

*It's just the smilie talking...

after i replied yesterday ali i went back to the home page and read thru it all prorperly in depth and your correct in saying theres enuf sections i think what hapens is sometimes people post in sections where it would be more appropriate in another section, like whats happened here? i would of thought that for people already there and having a rough time maybe the migration section would be better? anyhow this thread has ran its course id imagine and like many other threads i have came across its all too easy for threads to change direction and end up the opposite of the opening post which is whats happened here and has lead to a misunderstanding never at any point ali did i tell people what to say or not im not like that but as has been mentioned b4 the opening thread was no more negatives so that kind of indicated what youd expect in the thread, not for people to be expressing the down sides? (freedom of speech yes i know b4 people start stoning me!) anyhow im only defending myself as thats the first bad comment ive been accused of typing and i have to say i was a bit taken aback anyhow apologies again god now im stressing about getting in strife:cry:!! this is meant to be a exciting time, i shall keep stoom for a while:wacko:

Guest JoanneHattersley

Calm down there KellyJamie!

Its all in how comments are perceived. What you think it means as you type it and what someone perceives it to mean can be WAY DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!! Dont stress about it!

See you next month for our BBQ!

spot on thats exactly it, as you cant pick up a tone when typing you dont know how to read it sometimes your absolutely right, i have learnt from this thread to type my words very carefully or they can be taken the complete wrong way!at the opening thread i dont think the girl who started meant to be offensive either but as yo say it only takes someone havin a bad day to take things differently to how you meant! i have read that when you go to someones house you take things with you what would you guys like us to bring?it really is extremely kind and of you guys to do this thankyou x

Guest JoanneHattersley
! i have read that when you go to someones house you take things with you what would you guys like us to bring?it really is extremely kind of you guys to do this thankyou x

Just bring yourselves and whatever you want to drink! Thats what I told Sandra and Mike! I`ll PM u my contact details later. Good Luck for the reccy! Looking fwd to meeting ya!

after i replied yesterday ali i went back to the home page and read thru it all prorperly in depth and your correct in saying theres enuf sections i think what hapens is sometimes people post in sections where it would be more appropriate in another section, like whats happened here? i would of thought that for people already there and having a rough time maybe the migration section would be better? anyhow this thread has ran its course id imagine and like many other threads i have came across its all too easy for threads to change direction and end up the opposite of the opening post which is whats happened here and has lead to a misunderstanding never at any point ali did i tell people what to say or not im not like that but as has been mentioned b4 the opening thread was no more negatives so that kind of indicated what youd expect in the thread, not for people to be expressing the down sides? (freedom of speech yes i know b4 people start stoning me!) anyhow im only defending myself as thats the first bad comment ive been accused of typing and i have to say i was a bit taken aback anyhow apologies again god now im stressing about getting in strife:cry:!! this is meant to be a exciting time, i shall keep stoom for a while:wacko:

I wasn't responding you specifically - it's just that a seperate section had been suggested several times, and when i actually counted how many places people could post I was a bit amazed at how many sections we have. I know you didn't start the thread, and I haven't had any problem with any of your posts - no need to keep stoom, your opinions are valid and should be expressed

Luv Ali

Guest Aldo

Out on the road today i saw something positive about Australia. I like the way they paint fences and lamp posts on roads to blend into the scenery.

I suppose for the poor sod who crashes into the lamp post because he didn't see it, it might be a negative.

Out on the road today i saw something positive about Australia. I like the way they paint fences and lamp posts on roads to blend into the scenery.

I suppose for the poor sod who crashes into the lamp post because he didn't see it, it might be a negative.

:biglaugh: I love your sense of humour Aldo :biglaugh:

Guest Scardycat

An almost "positive" from Aldo, Thats made my day!!!!:biglaugh:

Cat

Archived