Stop All The Negative Posts!

Guest gemmahey

Guest dunnarunna
Hi

Most people are on here asking about Australia because we want to know what it is actually like, if we wanted a glossy airbrushed version, we would contact the Australian tourism guys,

Sheena[/quote

or watch wanted down under!:biglaugh:

donna

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tahe49
Just trying to lighten the mood! :spinny:

I think you are just saying how you feel... and that is fine :wubclub:

I also feel that there are SOME posts on here that will always create a negative response. Someone related it recently to the decision to have a baby, some people will answer...

"its the hardest thing I have ever had to do - but worth it in the end"

and some people will answer....

"thats its, your life as you know it has gone, late nights, early mornings blah blah blah"

Whilst we all imagined having children was hard - nothing prepares you for it - but do you know what? I would never want it any differently because the joy they bring far outweigh the negatives.

Guest tony and sheena
Hi

Most people are on here asking about Australia because we want to know what it is actually like, if we wanted a glossy airbrushed version, we would contact the Australian tourism guys,

Sheena[/quote

or watch wanted down under!:biglaugh:

donna

Oh I must admit, I loved watching that, even though I know it's a bit glossy. I wish I'd taped them now cos I can't remember any of the areas they showed. Maybe they'll release a box set for Christmas!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sheena

Guest The Ryders
Hi All,

All i have to simply say is:

If you dont wanna go.

Dont go!

If you wanna come back.

Come back!

God i no y we got our nickname WHINGING POMS!

Where never happy!

I am sorry but i come on this site to feel good, congratulate others on there visa's been granted and get excited about mine getting nearer and nearer daily!

People experiance things differently, my thought is all these people on this site wouldnt have gone through all this stress, hassle and expense if they werent serious about their move. And you no what you can always come back if you want, nothings indefinate!

As far as i am concerned my partner and his whole family are from Oz and in my eyes and they are the best thing about Oz.

Yes the grass isnt always greener but let people live their experiances themselves, its differant for every one.

I personally cant wait to start a new life with my partner and his friends and family and for every-one that is still excited about their visas been granted,

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!! FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

When your child is two and all your Aussie friends don't turn up and your child says they miss Nanny & Grandad and property prices has risen through the roof and this was a dream that doesn't materialise. Going to the beach is dangerous not because of the sharks but the idots on the road it gets you down.

Sorry if you don't like it but that is how some of us feel. Perhaps be only return to the site to feel that we are not going through it on our own. Life is getting more expensive over here but the day (as it is elsewhere). My firend was putting up some Christmas decorations and slipped and fell off a ladder. Fortunately he was covered for his medical expence but you don't factor in what you will do if you can't work for 5 months. It doesn't work out great for all people.

We are not saying we would not have come. Better to try than wonder. But to us with rates changing, house prices falling in the UK, it might not make any sense to stay for the long term.

When we were first starting our adventure - I used to look at all the forums looking for posts where people were struggling, having second thoughts, thinking of coming back etc., I did this because I really didn't want to look at the move through rose coloured specs, I wanted to know about everything warts and all - we used these as a basis of discussion "what if this/that happened to us" - it made us really consider the move in every possible detail - not the "we'll be really happy and it'll be wonderful and we'll live happily ever after" variety. It still worries me sometimes, that when people share their feelings that the move hasn't been what they hoped, despite trying everyday they still feel sad and homesick - it's called being negative - it's just another side of the realism coin - this is how it works out for some people. Look at Essex to Aus - no way would he have been put off his move no matter what was thrown at him ... now he's back in the UK. As PIO gets bigger and bigger (when the likes of myself, Cal, Gill and Jo started nearly everyone was in the UK) and more of it's members get to Aus, we're going to get a much more balanced opinion of what life is really likFor us it's been a wonderful experience, we're happy, settled, content and feel very comfortable with the life we're leading ... it could have been very different and I thank my lucky stars that it wasn't. We don't want to spoil peoples enthusiasm but lets also appreciate that some people are going through a tough time and we may be all the support they have for the moment.

I'll get off my soap box now

Ali

hi ali, we do exactly the same bounce of the bad bits to each other, and long for the good bits!and i hope we settle too, my heart really goes out for those who don't, its such a rollercoaster ride. so i think we need to hear it all, and still be waiting for the big dipper!:spinny:

When your child is two and all your Aussie friends don't turn up and your child says they miss Nanny & Grandad and property prices has risen through the roof and this was a dream that doesn't materialise. Going to the beach is dangerous not because of the sharks but the idots on the road it gets you down.

Sorry if you don't like it but that is how some of us feel. Perhaps be only return to the site to feel that we are not going through it on our own. Life is getting more expensive over here but the day (as it is elsewhere). My firend was putting up some Christmas decorations and slipped and fell off a ladder. Fortunately he was covered for his medical expence but you don't factor in what you will do if you can't work for 5 months. It doesn't work out great for all people.

We are not saying we would not have come. Better to try than wonder. But to us with rates changing, house prices falling in the UK, it might not make any sense to stay for the long term.

Oh Dear You Lot Are Really Getting me Worried :cry:, There Is No Way After All These Posts That I Think Life Is Going To Be A Breeze In Australia:nah:

I Feel I Missed the Boat Here and am now Missing the Boat There, BUT Still Got To Give It A Go, God I feel sorry for Myself Today LOL

Oh and Lifes What You Make It RIGHT :wideeyed:

Oh Dear You Lot Are Really Getting me Worried :cry:, There Is No Way After All These Posts That I Think Life Is Going To Be A Breeze In Australia:nah:

I Feel I Missed the Boat Here and am now Missing the Boat There, BUT Still Got To Give It A Go, God I feel sorry for Myself Today LOL

Oh and Lifes What You Make It RIGHT :wideeyed:

Yes, life is exactly what you make it. Kim (i hope I got your name right) you do need to give it a go otherwise you will regret not trying! We both wish there were more realistic posts on here when we joined, like Ali said most of us were still in the UK applying for or waiting for visas.

Life can be tough but surely life can be tough wherever you are. When you are moving to the other side of the world there is always going to be positives and negatives. We accept the rising prices of every day things, we accept the rising interest rates and the lower wages because we are where we want to be. We never came to Australia to get rich - bloody good job too! We came to have an adventure. We weren't looking to escape the UK, yes we had complaints about it but looking back I realise we just wanted something different and this is different. I enjoy going to work, I don't mind the day to day boring stuff because I know that the beach is 5 minutes away, I know that I can do things here I could only dream of in the UK.

I hope people aren't scared off posting the 'negative' comments because they're not really negative - they are simply realistic and I wish there had been more when we were preparing to move.

Felicity

(sorry for the waffle)

Guest Angelcake

Some people post negative comments that have into that's useful to know.

There are a few people on here who HATE Australia and never miss an opportunity to bad mouth the place. I tend not to read their posts as I dont find them helpful.

Angelcake

There are a few people on here who HATE Australia and never miss an opportunity to bad mouth the place. I tend not to read their posts as I dont find them helpful.

Angelcake

I think there are people who stir the pot

Angelcake

Negative or Positive posts - i don't think what ever is written on these types of threads by whoever, not everybody is going to be happy with what they read good or bad.

As for Hating Australia - i.m not sure that the word hate is quite right, i for one certainly don't hate Australia, just not as happy as i should be in oz and was much better off in the uk

I think it more that people are not settled & unhappy & having a hard time not actually hating the place

Guest jaiyork
Hi All,

All i have to simply say is:

If you dont wanna go.

Dont go!

If you wanna come back.

Come back!

God i no y we got our nickname WHINGING POMS!

Where never happy!

I am sorry but i come on this site to feel good, congratulate others on there visa's been granted and get excited about mine getting nearer and nearer daily!

People experiance things differently, my thought is all these people on this site wouldnt have gone through all this stress, hassle and expense if they werent serious about their move. And you no what you can always come back if you want, nothings indefinate!

As far as i am concerned my partner and his whole family are from Oz and in my eyes and they are the best thing about Oz.

Yes the grass isnt always greener but let people live their experiances themselves, its differant for every one.

I personally cant wait to start a new life with my partner and his friends and family and for every-one that is still excited about their visas been granted,

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!! FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

lol i make you the whingers shouls stay in the UK as they would be whinging where ever they went lol... if you dont feel an area is right for you then move on and try another, i have been around all of Australia nearly twice and every state is like a different country, weather included. Personally Perth WA is the place for me with the sunsetting on the water, the weather is great even when they say its cold its still tshirt weather to us lol. There are almost more jobs than people here and even if you dont have atrade you can still find work (like an Oz friend of mine) that will pay as much as over $1000 a week and before you ask its to do with working in a harbour boxing lobster i believe. There are alot of people who are not cut out for this and are dragged into it by there partners and i feel sorry for them because if your not tough enough for the challenge your in big trouble its all a state of mind for the most part. Life is alot better here future wise, crime wise, etc etc the Uk is finished in my book and the figures back it up and i can't live in the past personally. Whats gone on over there would take a life time to turn around even if it could be done (which it can't). This country is actually in credit with a booming economy and the UK is trillions of pounds in debt now and thats a fact! With USA on the edge of recession, there goes its lif raft if it was going to get one....unfortunately the people will be the ones to pay there and always will. So the message is look for the light not the dark, look from a different angle, see whats in the glass and don't complain or look for what isn't and lastly know this ....there are quite literally billions that would risk there lifes just for a glimpse at what you are being almost given. Wishing you all well

Yes, life is exactly what you make it. Kim (i hope I got your name right) you do need to give it a go otherwise you will regret not trying! We both wish there were more realistic posts on here when we joined, like Ali said most of us were still in the UK applying for or waiting for visas.

Life can be tough but surely life can be tough wherever you are. When you are moving to the other side of the world there is always going to be positives and negatives. We accept the rising prices of every day things, we accept the rising interest rates and the lower wages because we are where we want to be. We never came to Australia to get rich - bloody good job too! We came to have an adventure. We weren't looking to escape the UK, yes we had complaints about it but looking back I realise we just wanted something different and this is different. I enjoy going to work, I don't mind the day to day boring stuff because I know that the beach is 5 minutes away, I know that I can do things here I could only dream of in the UK.

I hope people aren't scared off posting the 'negative' comments because they're not really negative - they are simply realistic and I wish there had been more when we were preparing to move.

Felicity

(sorry for the waffle)

Felicity, Thank you so much for spending the time to type all what you did, as it has put everything back into check now! And I agree that alot of the posts are not negative they are just realistic, and you tend to be able to read between the lines and pick the negative (maybe the probs arnt all Australia but personal) ones out!

Thanks for the message it helped heaps!

Kim:wubclub:

Negative or Positive posts - i don't think what ever is written on these types of threads by whoever, not everybody is going to be happy with what they read good or bad.

As for Hating Australia - i.m not sure that the word hate is quite right, i for one certainly don't hate Australia, just not as happy as i should be in oz and was much better off in the uk

I think it more that people are not settled & unhappy & having a hard time not actually hating the place

No. I really do hate it!

Personally Perth WA is the place for me with the sunsetting on the water

The sun sets on the water in Grimsby too and I don't recall the Kinks singing about Perth Sunsets.

Off up the pub for an hour (i can only take 1 hour of all the exitement) now so apologies for any MOG (miserable old git) posts on my return

Guest Angelcake
No. I really do hate it!

Ok Aldo, no worries there had to be one !!!!:biglaugh:

(maybe many more but not everyone would like to admit it)

enjoy your beer

Ya gotta love Aldo for his honesty!:twitcy:

Guest Angelcake
His honesty! Have you seen his body? Never mind his honesty!

Claire

I know!! A sense of humour and a big man who needs a whole lotta lovin'

What more could a girl want:yes:.

House prices are falling but them gud old interest rates are going up the banks are crapping themselves about mortgages and who to give them to if they can afford it :arghh:

lol i make you the whingers shouls stay in the UK as they would be whinging where ever they went lol... if you dont feel an area is right for you then move on and try another, i have been around all of Australia nearly twice and every state is like a different country, weather included. Personally Perth WA is the place for me with the sunsetting on the water, the weather is great even when they say its cold its still tshirt weather to us lol. There are almost more jobs than people here and even if you dont have atrade you can still find work (like an Oz friend of mine) that will pay as much as over $1000 a week and before you ask its to do with working in a harbour boxing lobster i believe. There are alot of people who are not cut out for this and are dragged into it by there partners and i feel sorry for them because if your not tough enough for the challenge your in big trouble its all a state of mind for the most part. Life is alot better here future wise, crime wise, etc etc the Uk is finished in my book and the figures back it up and i can't live in the past personally. Whats gone on over there would take a life time to turn around even if it could be done (which it can't). This country is actually in credit with a booming economy and the UK is trillions of pounds in debt now and thats a fact! With USA on the edge of recession, there goes its lif raft if it was going to get one....unfortunately the people will be the ones to pay there and always will. So the message is look for the light not the dark, look from a different angle, see whats in the glass and don't complain or look for what isn't and lastly know this ....there are quite literally billions that would risk there lifes just for a glimpse at what you are being almost given. Wishing you all well

Well pm me his number because most of the non trade jobs you will be lucky for $17 18 an hour I know I`ve been looking for some time

To be honest guys i think it gets to a point where all the negative posts just keep being repeated and drone on, how many times have i read " the airport goodbyes are the worst they are devestating they make you not want to go theyre horrific blah blah blah" now im not being funny or rude at all but i would imagine most half sensible people would have a good idea thats what its going to be like with out it being repeated 500 times!!! because may i add im a while off going but im absolutely bricking leaving my folks behind and i really dont want to have to continually read how im going to become a complete quivering wreck and need to be dragged on the plane, i can invisage that myself. I do though however think there is a place for negativity to keep us all grounded and to know b4 we go its not all palm trees and cocktails and i agree with the post about good negativity and getting a reaction etc, but guys cmon plz stop raining on my parade atleast for a few days:cool:

Guest barab
To be honest guys i think it gets to a point where all the negative posts just keep being repeated and drone on, how many times have i read " the airport goodbyes are the worst they are devestating they make you not want to go theyre horrific blah blah blah" now im not being funny or rude at all but i would imagine most half sensible people would have a good idea thats what its going to be like with out it being repeated 500 times!!! because may i add im a while off going but im absolutely bricking leaving my folks behind and i really dont want to have to continually read how im going to become a complete quivering wreck and need to be dragged on the plane, i can invisage that myself. I do though however think there is a place for negativity to keep us all grounded and to know b4 we go its not all palm trees and cocktails and i agree with the post about good negativity and getting a reaction etc, but guys cmon plz stop raining on my parade atleast for a few days:cool:

What makes you think we post them for your benefit?? We are the people who have experianced leaving folks behind and when I went through such pain I wanted to see if it was normal...so I posted my experiance and low and behold other people felt the same.

Sometimes we need clarification that what we went through /feel is normal.People can choose to see is as negative....other can choose to see it as normal.But its not all about what it will be like for yous who are about to leave...sometimes its for us who have done it needing people to say its going to be ok.

Hi Kelly

Just to cheer you up for the day. Australia is all Palm trees. Not sure about the cocktails though.

Millions of palm trees though. Up here anyway that is.

Funny thing though. I know of a couple of guys who charge to denut your trees and then they sell those coconuts for $5 a time at the Sunday market to the tourists.

Very enterprising of them I thought...:biglaugh:

Debs x x

Hi Kelly

Just to cheer you up for the day. Australia is all Palm trees. Not sure about the cocktails though.

Millions of palm trees though. Up here anyway that is.

Funny thing though. I know of a couple of guys who charge to denut your trees and then they sell those coconuts for $5 a time at the Sunday market to the tourists.

Very enterprising of them I thought...:biglaugh:

Debs x x

LOL I think we might have a palm tree somewhere in town - might be the botanical gardens. For us it is oak trees and acorns (not a good resale value for acorns though!)

If you don't like it - don't read it, you can't start telling peeps what to & what not to put on here, get real !!!!!

Archived