Moving company recommendations?

Ashleighsuzi

@Ashleighsuzi

We recently shipped, we used John Mason they use Wridgeways on OZ side. I had 6 companies come out and quote our move, they all have different size estimates and prices. We went with John Mason due to reviews we had read and just gut instinct on first meeting etc, they weren't the cheapest nor most expensive and our pack came in smaller than original quote so we saved a little also!

We were given a 10-14 week from collection to delivery approximation. Our move was amazingly packed by 2 men on the 6th Nov they arrived packed and left in 4hrs (we only had a 1/3 container worth) the guys were very professional and fast, felt their packing was great also!

Our shipment arrived on dock in Brisbane 20th Dec cleared customs from memory 30th Dec or 2nd Jan, we have had to leave in storage with Wrideways as we haven't arrived, really didn't expect our shipment to arrive til mid Feb!!

We used insure your move and once our shipment is delivered we will have 14days to claim if any issues. Fingers crossed our shipment looks healthy when we have it delivered late Feb!!

We would have happily used Crown Relocations but just too expensive. All shipping companies offer marine insurance but we took ours seperate as its a massive saving, insure your move didn't charge extra for the "premium insurance" the shipping companies charge they just include and cover almost everything you want for a smaller %

Good luck, I was a bit neurotic about it all hence the 6 companies quoting but can say happy with this side of things and hopefully will be with the other side when we arrive!

Edited by leftyandstumpy

In that case try transglobal, we sent two boxes with them with summer clothes & toiletries to get us up & running, we also had a last min box go 3 days before we started travelling, they give you options with diff companies such as UPS, TNT, DHL etc. we used UPS both times both lots arrived within 5 days & we insured using transglobal offer as our order went thru. Much cheaper than going direct through UPS and the likes, yes I checked!! Be aware UPS will only accept boxes no cases so you might want to double check if you go another company for their rules. Really easy site to use also.

• 4 years later...

I've used a1autotransport.com to ship household stuff internationally before. No issues and pretty affordable by my estimation. They do moving/shipping in the UK too so I'm sure it's no problem for them to work between the two. Generally a good idea to test out the prices of a couple options before making a decision though. Some of them were substantially higher prices than others. Best of luck!