Are you moving to Australia in 2015?

Guest The Pom Queen

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helen and James. I'm the aussie, my bf is the pom lol we applied for the 309/100 visa back in May 2014 and the 100 visa was granted 9 months and 3 days afterwards on 12th February 2015...one day before our 7 year anniversary [emoji2]

We fly out to Melbourne 24th August and we're going to be moving to country Victoria as I spent my teenage years in Wangaratta and we both love the country...cities are too busy lol anyway as soon as we're settled in our temporary accommodation the job and house hunting begins [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

• 3 weeks later...

Raluca, Daniel and Jason. We are romanians moving to Canberra from UK :) We are planning to fly to Canberra at the beginning of September. We don't know anyone there so if there is anyone in Canberra who would like to make (new) friends, we are available :)

Hello! I'm Aussie, hubs is a Pom and the kids are both.

Hubs got a spouse visa in 2007 and we lived in Brisbane for just under 4 years. Our daughter has asked practically every day since returning to the UK when we're moving back!

We've just sorted out hubs' RR visa (foolishly we didn't sort his citizenship previously) and will be heading to outer Melbourne in early September - with the promise to Miss8 we're not pingponging again, at least until she and Master1 have left home! ☺

• 2 weeks later...

Me (Frankie) husband (Anthony) and 7 year old daughter (Macie) are flying into Sydney on the 18th August. I'm a Legal Executive and my husband is an IT Team leader. Currently obtaining shipping quotes whilst panicking about the logistics and the lack of jobs on arrival, but hoping the move will be plain sailing :wacko:

Hi All,

Josh and Kim here. We lodged our EOI 2 weeks ago and hoping to get selected in tomorrows selection and if not another 2 weeks. We have all our documents ready to go for the application. I am in IT and work as a Storage Engineer and my partner Kim, is a Nurse.

We are hopefully (fingerscrossed) flying out in Novemember to Gold Coast.

What is the cheapest way to move 2 larger boxes? Thats all we have :) and hoping not to have the need for half a container.

Also, has anyone set up an Aussie bank account while still in UK?

Good Luck All,

Josh

Hi All,

Josh and Kim here. We lodged our EOI 2 weeks ago and hoping to get selected in tomorrows selection and if not another 2 weeks. We have all our documents ready to go for the application. I am in IT and work as a Storage Engineer and my partner Kim, is a Nurse.

We are hopefully (fingerscrossed) flying out in Novemember to Gold Coast.

What is the cheapest way to move 2 larger boxes? Thats all we have :) and hoping not to have the need for half a container.

Also, has anyone set up an Aussie bank account while still in UK?

Good Luck All,

Josh

Look at seven seas move cube, could be okay for you. Also you can set up bank accounts from the UK, you just need to validate them when you arrive. Most banks will allow you to do this. Good luck.

We fly into Brisbane on the 5th July. Me, my husband and 2 children age 7 and 5. We have no jobs, no family but we have got a holiday let for two weeks! Have moved out of our home today and staying with family. It's the kids last day of school tomorrow!

Hi we r moving hopefully to Sydney in the summer ( me, husband and 3 kids 14,11,8 ) just waiting for husband to get a job! I am aid wife and all registered with APHRA, but want to settle kids in before I start work. Does anyone know if it is hard to secure work when not in the country? My husband is a systems engineer and on the SOL but not getting responses yet from job applications:( we have PR status with 189 visa.

thanks for any responses to this!

jill xx

Me and hubby with our 2 kids 7yrs and 5 yrs will be moving hopefully in December to Dubbo we are applying for a 489 region sponsored by Nsw.At the moment we applied for sponsorship waiting patiently for an invite and then we can start the visa. Hubby is a fitter and turner and am a photographer and we are from South Africa.

Hi Amanda, Big move with no contacts in Brisbane. Hope it will be all you want it to be! I'm an Ozzie married to a 'Northerner' from Congleton. We have a 14 year old girl in Grade 10 at a local school to us in north Brisbane. Not regular users of the PIO but looking at threads mode frequently as we're keen to create new friendships and OH (husband 40's) keen to mix with other expats. I'm a midwife and OH self employed carpet repairer, oh and a Manu fan! Happy for you to be touch by PM if you'd like ,as you start to settle in Brisbane. Best wishes for your move.

Renee and Glen

Hey All,

Has anyone rented their property out in the UK before moving out to Oz? We're in the process of attempting this and it seems that there aren't any mortgage providers who will entertain the idea of the Buy To Let for an Expat?

Any info on this would be massively appreciated! We're looking to come out in September and live on the Sunshine Coast!!

Thanks

Gary

Hey All,

Has anyone rented their property out in the UK before moving out to Oz? We're in the process of attempting this and it seems that there aren't any mortgage providers who will entertain the idea of the Buy To Let for an Expat?

Any info on this would be massively appreciated! We're looking to come out in September and live on the Sunshine Coast!!

Thanks

Gary

yes we have . We're with the Nationwide - we remortgaged 6 months before, raised some capital, then changed the mortgage to the one that allowed us to let the house. Offically remortgaged for home repairs, which was partically true, and they were aware of our Australia plans - so it's all ok.

I'd suggest whatever bank you deal with, go in for an appointment, and don't mention the Australian move as the first thing. just speak about remortgaging. If you have plenty of equity it will be fine.

Hi Marc! We are also moving to Canberra end of July. I'm an intensive care nurse and hubby a rugby development officer. Just to let you know I saw a couple of jobs advertised in Canberra for a dental nurse yesterday. I'll try to find them and send you the link.

Becky

Hi all, myself (Sharyn), hubby Phil and our 3 children, 8,6,3 are hoping to move out end of September. We are heading for Perth and can't wait! I am a Cardiac Sonographer and hubby a Clinical research scientist. Unfortunately we haven't been able to find jobs yet, but fingers crossed something comes up soon.

Any advise on renting out our UK property and removal companies would be greatly appreciated :-)

Hello everyone, what a nice idea to start this group. We are currently waiting to be assigned a case officer and for our final answer to see if our 489 partner visa has been approved. WE have been waiting 4 weeks for a case officer, already done our medicals and police checks. Does anyone have a rough idea on how long the wait is at the moment to get a case officer? Also roughly how long do the case officers take to make a decision? Very excited. We will be moving to the Far South Coast, NSW. Good luck everyone.

• 2 weeks later...