Are you moving to Australia in 2015?

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi All, Me (Emma 28) and my husband Ian (32) and two children 17mnths and 5 years are hoping to move to Townsville in Sept/Oct (may be pushing it slightly but either way I want it to be before December! My husband is a Diesel Mechanic. We have only just started the process of gathering paperwork to submit the Skills Assesment and are hoping to submit this ASAP within next few weeks then as soon as that is back apply for a Skilled Visa. We have visited Townsville and fell in love with AUstralia. My Dad, his wife and my half brother live there as do other family members so we will have a very good support network. I also have a few friends there as went to school for a while over there when I went to live with my dad. I cant wait to make the move this year (hopefully). Good Luck to everyone who is making the move!

Emma x

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HarryBakes

Hi!

My husband and I are hoping to move to Brisbane in September/October this year. He is 37 and grew up in Brisbane. I am 30, from SW of England and waiting for my partner visa to come through.

We currently work on yachts so are both planning to change careers upon moving. I want to move into accountancy so I intend to do a Masters to convert my Business degree, whilst starting a family. My husband hasn't decided on his career change yet. Luckily we have a house, his family and friends waiting for us so lots of support when we get there.

I can't wait! Just crossing my fingers that the visa gets granted.

Anyone else moving to Brisbane later this year, feel free to get in touch!

Hi..

We shall be moving (me, OH and 2 kids, Emma 19 and Lisa 17). We completed our medicals 2 weeks ago and just awaiting the police checks to come though. As soon as they are done we hope we may hear something within the month.

Im an adult nurse and Martin currently works on the highways/mason (kerbing/HGV1/stonewalling etc) so will be looking for similar once there.

I have had to apply for a regional 489 visa in NSW and are looking at relocating to COFFS HARBOUR. We have had the house on the market for approx 18months but is still up for sale which could be the only thing holding us back right now. As well as waiting to het my AHPRA papers through (thankfully I passed with a degree)!!!

I go cold thinking of all the things we have to consider when moving on, very scary/exciting etc.. but we are all really keen to make a fresh new life and cant wait for the challenges ahead of us.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE xx

Hi

how long did it take for your visa to arrive. We have applied for a 189 visa and desperate to go. We were asked for our medicals and had them done on Monday just gone. They have all our information, so playing the waiting game

Andrea Styles

hi there. We are going on a different visa - sponsorship, think its a 457? My husband has a job and I am going on his. It actually didn't take long once we got all the right paperwork sent so there was some to and fro'ing . But was only a few weeks once it was all in. We didn't need to do a medical for ours. Is your visa for permanent move? We are sponsored until 2018. If we like it am hoping we can then apply for residency. Where are you guys off to? Good luck with it all!

Annie

Myself and my Missus, Bob and Amy, i'm 28 she's 26. i'm Irish and she's Australian, we've spent the last almost 8 years in Ireland while i finished college and got work experience and now we'll be moving to Wauchope in NSW, eventually we'd love to settle in Brissy before we start with Littluns :P

Forgot to put we're moving in 20 days!

Hi!

My husband and I are hoping to move to Brisbane in September/October this year. He is 37 and grew up in Brisbane. I am 30, from SW of England and waiting for my partner visa to come through.

We currently work on yachts so are both planning to change careers upon moving. I want to move into accountancy so I intend to do a Masters to convert my Business degree, whilst starting a family. My husband hasn't decided on his career change yet. Luckily we have a house, his family and friends waiting for us so lots of support when we get there.

I can't wait! Just crossing my fingers that the visa gets granted.

Anyone else moving to Brisbane later this year, feel free to get in touch!

How exciting! Hope all works out well for you guys! My name is Alex and I am 28 years old (single). I am flying to Brisbane in less than two weeks! (March 15th) so excited! I am from US. I hold valid Working Holiday Visa (462). I really hope to get 457 visa through employers sponsorship! :) I would love to stay connected with you guys.

hi there. We are going on a different visa - sponsorship, think its a 457? My husband has a job and I am going on his. It actually didn't take long once we got all the right paperwork sent so there was some to and fro'ing . But was only a few weeks once it was all in. We didn't need to do a medical for ours. Is your visa for permanent move? We are sponsored until 2018. If we like it am hoping we can then apply for residency. Where are you guys off to? Good luck with it all!

Annie

hello! That's exciting you guys got 457 visa! I am flying to Australia on Working Holiday Visa and would really want to get 457 visa through employers sponsorship. I have over 6 years experiece in Human Resources and hold BA. :)

hello everyone!! im going on my own in august, just had enough of uk need a change abit of an adventure needed. anyone else going same sort of time on there own get in touch, we could be travel buddies.:cool:

Hi Guys, Someone could help me about some information regarding living in Australia. My sister will move in Australia because of work this coming June 15, 2015.

This are the list I need, hope someone could assist me. I had a friend in Australia which is a good man and I know Australian people has a good personality. Please help.

1. Place to live: House for good, Apartment or House for rent

2. Regular foods cost in near places

3. Medical insurance

4. Visa applications

5. Available bank

Thanks to all.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have any idea where you will be living in Brisbane? Do you have jobs lined up?

The federal government will soon announce changes in child care policy, which might be of interest to you.

Hey. Sorry for delayed reply- didn't get notified of your reply to us!

We we are only just looking into childcare costs but seemingly there are some options for financial support with childcare- 50% refunds and childcare benefits- to permanent residents, even of less than 2 years. To be honest, sorting jobs is the priority at the mo then childcare and future schooling next.

Let us know if you work out anything more regarding help with childcare costs, or if you can recommend any good schools south of Brisbane. This will pretty much dictate where we live. How long have you been out in oz? How are you finding life?

Vonny x

Hi Vonny and Andrew. We are hoping to move to QLD too timescale to be decided. We are just waiting for a case officer, medicals and police checks. If we get them sorted we won't be long heading over. We don't have any family there either so it's pretty nerve wracking! And so many places to choose from. We are avid watchers of wanted down under at the mo...lol!

Hey Sparkeltastic,

sorry have only picked up this message as didn't get an alert of your response (or I'm not clued up enough on how to use this site properly yet!).

How did your Medicals, etc go? Have your visas been granted yet?

We still plan to move to a suburb of Brisbane aug/sept. Andrew flies out tomorrow to explore possible job opportunities and also to scope out possible areas to live. Keeping everything crossed it ends up being a really fruitful trip then everything else will move forward really quickly, without the worry of no income coming in on arrival.

Keep us updated about your move.

Anyone else in a similar situation reading this, feel free to get in touch!

Vonny x

A new childcare policy is to be announced shortly. Currently, the child care rebate cuts out at $7,500 a year. Costs around the country vary widely, dependent largely on the land costs. The cost around here (inner North, Brisbane) is about $90 a day.

Thanks, we will keep an eye out for this. X

Childcare waiting lists can also be very long. One local centre, which is very small and takes only 18 months+, has a two year waiting list. Waiting lists in the inner city, where the parents work, can also be very long. However, it's patchy. In some suburbs, supply exceeds demand. There are also other options such as Family Day Care, au pairs, nannies etc. It looks as if the government will subsidize nannies. This could be a very good option for parents with say a toddler and a baby, and may free up spaces in the child care centres.

Hoping to move to Brisbane in Sept/ Oct this year with our 4 children (ages 16, 14, 11 and 5). Would like to live near the coast rather than the city maybe Redlands, Wellingtom Point, Cleveland?? Both work in Finance so need to think about the commute to the city. Can't wait to be there but an emotional rollercoaster all the same.....

Hoping to move to Brisbane in Sept/ Oct this year with our 4 children (ages 16, 14, 11 and 5). Would like to live near the coast rather than the city maybe Redlands, Wellingtom Point, Cleveland?? Both work in Finance so need to think about the commute to the city. Can't wait to be there but an emotional rollercoaster all the same.....

We're also looking at Cleveland, Alexandra Hills, Wellington Point area. My partner grew up in Cleveland and I also have family there. We checked out Cleveland state school in November and were impressed. Xx

Hi all, we're hoping to get over to Oz at the end of June with our two kids (8 and nearly 5), to NSW. Have visas and a final interview this week (with the Navy) before we have a date so haven't been able to sort out the big things like flights and packing up the house yet! Can't wait to get started. :)

Would be great to hear from anyone else in a similar position to compare progress! Good luck to everyone, hope it is all going well...

Hello, we (Hubby 35, me 39, 2 boys (2 and 4) plus our dog) are moving to Brisbane in Sept...flights booked and ready to go. We are looking at using Petair; moving the dog has been the biggest amount of paperwork but worth it :) We are going in on my New Zealand citizenship status/partner visa for English hubby. Kids have dual nationality. Considering western suburbs (Kenmore area) but really like the bays (Wellington point and surrounds). Just don't know whether its going to too far out given I'll be city based and hubby probably Bne airport. Super exicited but nervous. Need to sort the shipping next and clearing out our place!

Love reading these post ....

Myself and Husband (38 yrs/30 yrs) and our 2 kids, Christopher (my son, OH stepson, 10 yrs) and Nathan (our son, 14 mths) + 2 dogs (Dexter, Jasmine) and 1 cat (Bo). Still in the beginning stages...working through an agent, passports, BC's and all other Home Affairs documents done, IELTS done and passed, VETASSESS submitted - awaiting results. Plan is to go to Brisbane if possible or Melbourne (really wherever the work is!). We are going on my husbands trade of Toolmaker (Fingers crossed) and I am a Project Manager/System Manager who will look for any work once we've got the kids settled. Total leap of faith as we're selling everything we've built up over the past 10 years (house, caravan, car) and pulling out our pensions/investments and whatever else we have here. We have no family in Australia, got a friend or 3 scattered in Canberra, Sydney and Perth. We are in South Africa by the way.

Nicki (28), solo mover, relocating to Sydney on May 1st, sister and lots of extended family in oz already so hoping to hit the ground running. Leaving party this week so its all becoming very real, just a few bits left to sort out like making HMRC and student loans aware, and cancelling gym/phone etc. Boxes are on a ship somewhere heading there as we speak. All there is left to do is run the London Marathon again 4 days before I fly! EEK!

Hi Chantalc, I'm a Tech project manager as well and orginally from SA (PE).... Melbourne is good work wise for us but weather is much colder so we decided on Brissie :) Good luck with the the vetassess & skills visa. Exciting!

• 2 weeks later...