What to wear to citizenship ceremony?

Quinkla

What should I wear to citizenship ceremony? (your vote will be public)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What should I wear to citizenship ceremony? (your vote will be public)

• Business
    • Business casual
    • Casual

Depends on location and time of year. Mine was Australia day in a local park. Some were casual some smart, some bought their dogs. As it was hot most were smart casual. I think it is appropriate  to show some respect so  shorts and thongs probably a know but no need for the full suit and tie thing, especially  if outdoors. As hubby said being Australian means never worrying about being underdressed ?

Edited by ScottieGirl
  • Like 1

On 19/09/2017 at 17:36, Karwan said:

You waited 4 years or some waited even more 6 years .. I believe you should wear a nice suit or business dress. It worth it and you have to be honoured. In the ceremony they always saying we are proud of our culture and where we came from . So it is nice to wear a nice dress that's shows you are proud too .. I think it is embarrassing for peopl who wear a casual dress . It is a great day show some respect for your own citizenship and take a pic . God bless Australia ?? 

For these exact reasons (honouring tradition and respecting the Aussie way of life) - i'll be wearing a Tshirt and thongs ;)

Edited by supercow

• 9 months later...