Whos Heading To Rockingham

Guest laura_barrett

Guest laura_barrett

Hi

Thought I'd start a post to see who else is heading to Rockingham.

My partner and myself are still waiting for our visa to come though but are hoefully heading to Rockingham July/ August time.

Any advise on moving would be great as we havent ever been to Oz before but like the look of Rockingham

Laura and Matt

:jiggy:

sorry Laura - we're in Leeming, Rockingham is very popular with Brits - the surrounding suburbs seems a bit more popular at the moment though rather than Rockingham itself - lots of new developments I believe. My in laws loved Madurah when they visited

Ali

Hi Laura and Matt,

My partner and I went to spend Xmas with friends who live in Rockingham. We loved the place, it had a very friendly, happy atmosphere. We had lunch in one of the restaurants on The Esplanade, which we really enjoyed. The beach is amazing! Im sure you will like it, wish we could have stayed longer but we had to return to Perth.

Mo

x

Guest Paul n Ness

November 08 for us - MR VISA MAN PLEASE SAY YES!!!!!! We were there at xmas too and cant wait to make it permanent.

GOOD LUCK to you all!!! :wubclub:

Guest mandy1970

We are heading there hopefully before October 08.

We have been looking at Safety Bay among other places.

This area has had its fair share of critisism - crime, boy racers etc but it has not put us off.

We are hoping to get a holiday rental for 4-6 weeks in the area and then see if its the place for us. Not sure whether to then rent or buy.

We cant wait

Mandy

Guest emi-great

Hi All

We live in Mandurah & work in Rockingham both "cities" (they are more like UK towns) are lovely places & there are some lovely estates within the area.

We run a web site with lots of information about the area & also do short term furnished accommodation & car hire. Our accommodation is specifically for new migrants & we also offer other services to help you settle in when you arrive - which come free if you book a home

We run regular meet ups in the area for new migrant families & this helps you contact people who are in the same position as yourselves.

Here are links to our site & some other useful sites about the area

Emi-Great - Home - Short Term Rental Accommodation for migrants emigrating from England to Rockingham, Mandurah, Port Kennedy, Warnbro and Perth

Mandurah Western Australia | Mandurah WA Tourism, Accommodation, Immigration, Business, Website design, & Community Portal | Travel & Tourism | Mandurah - Western Australia

Peel Tour

www.anabella.net.au

City of Rockingham, Western Australia

Rockingham WA Western Australia | Rockingham WA Tourism, Accommodation, Immigration, Business, Website design, & Community Portal | Travel & Tourism | Rockingham - Western Australia

Rockingham, Western Australia - A Tourist's Guide

: Mandurah WA : Western Australia : Peel Inlet, Murray River, Indian Ocean - Family Tourism and Lifestyle at its best : MandurahWA .com.au

Guest janie606

hi there,

hope to be heading to Rockingham sometime next year!!!!!

let us know all about it:yes: if you get there sooner

jane and kev

Guest Rickard Family

HI, US TOO ONLY IN EARLY STAGES SO WONT BE THERE TILL PROBALLY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR.:arghh:

HI JANIE HOWS YOU WE WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE HALFWAY HOUSE MEET,MAYBE NEXT TIME LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES.

LOU.

Woohoo a Rockingham Thread! why didn't we think of this Ness?

Yes we are going too, just need a spouse sub-class 100 for Mrs B, hopefully a quickie!

Not leaving until early Jan 09 as Mrs B is to be made redundant in November (deffo, nice to have lots of notice - her firm is relocating to Perth (Scotland)) anyway if she stays to the end she gets big bonus :-)

Currently looking at Cooloongup, but will rent for 6 months and get the lay of the land before we buy. Staying with my cousin in Mindarie (in the north) for first week when we arrive so will probably need a holiday let for 2 or 3 weeks to give us time to organise our 6 month rental, just horrified at the prices of holiday lets!

Deffo have to set up some meets when we all get there.

Cheers

Wayne

Guest Barry and Amanda

Hi,

We are heading for Rockingham area. We fly out on 24th May for a Reccie and are staying in Warnbro for three weeks while we have a good look around for schools and jobs etc .

Hopefully if and when our house sale goes through we should be coming for good in July/August time. Yippee!

were off to Rockingham in June..no long noo..

Will let you know how it is but i beleive it is a lovely area. Hope it all goes well with you and you never know...we might bump in to each other...

Arthur and Angela

Guest janie606
HI, US TOO ONLY IN EARLY STAGES SO WONT BE THERE TILL PROBALLY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR.:arghh:

HI JANIE HOWS YOU WE WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE HALFWAY HOUSE MEET,MAYBE NEXT TIME LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES.

LOU.

hi lou, just trying to get loads of research in before court process begins, just had plasterers and plumbers in, house is in tip dust everywhere:arghh:still no pain, no gain ey? just wish i could click my fingers. hope your process is going better than mine (nothing yet)!!!

jane x

Guest emi-great

Hi guys

If you look at our web site there is lots of information about the Rockingham/Mandurah area there are also aerial photos on our topic pages.

We are happy to answer any questions you may have if we can so dont hesitate to contact us if you have questions. You can email us from our own site or pm me if you prefer.

Emi-Great - Home - Short Term Rental Accommodation for migrants emigrating from England to Rockingham, Mandurah, Port Kennedy, Warnbro and Perth

Guest clairewilko10

Hi

We are going on our rekkie in 2 days time!! CANT WAIT.

Staying in Mandurah but looking at living around Baldivis/Waikiki, but will be checking out Rockingham.

I have made contact with 2 schools to have a guided tour around for our boys aged 9 and 6.

Aiming to be there perm. in August/September.

Our house is 'for sale' here, but terrible market at mo.

Was going on a picnic today but as usual terrible english weather - its raining!!

Will fill every in who wants to know when we return.

Cheers.

Claire

Guest The.Colebecks

Hi All,

We're off to Rockingham, to begin with. Hubby's relatives have lived there 30+ years and love it. Aunt & Uncle are in Safety Bay & cousins in Waikiki.

We hope to be out there permanently before the end of September, as long as the house sells (putting it on the market in 2 weeks time). If not, then we'll pop over July/August to validate - would be great to meet up with some of you if we're on a whistle-stop tour :smile:

Looking forward to meeting you all at the first of our (many!!) BBQ's :cute:

Love Karen, Ashley & Boys xx

Guest jogrant3232
sorry Laura - we're in Leeming, Rockingham is very popular with Brits - the surrounding suburbs seems a bit more popular at the moment though rather than Rockingham itself - lots of new developments I believe. My in laws loved Madurah when they visited

Ali

I think thats where we are going to start in Mandurah. I love the canels.... If we EVER get there?????

Guest Pimms Chick
Not to mention the teenage stabbings! Sorry just being arogant..

Yes because that doesnt go on in the uk does it ......not. It wasnt an actual stabbing a boy was caught with a knife at school which has also happened in a number of high schools. That particular one hit the headlines because it was the third one in WA and they were emphasing action needed to be taken.

I have been living in Safety Bay for 8 months and feel the safest I have ever felt in my life. My son was frightened of living in the Uk with teenagers hanging about street corners etc Something I havent seen in my area. Perth or any surrounding areas are not perfect or free from crime by no means but I certainly havent had any problems.

I like it here and would recommend it to anyone!!

Guest The Picketts
Woohoo a Rockingham Thread! why didn't we think of this Ness?

Yes we are going too, just need a spouse sub-class 100 for Mrs B, hopefully a quickie!

Not leaving until early Jan 09 as Mrs B is to be made redundant in November (deffo, nice to have lots of notice - her firm is relocating to Perth (Scotland)) anyway if she stays to the end she gets big bonus :-)

Currently looking at Cooloongup, but will rent for 6 months and get the lay of the land before we buy. Staying with my cousin in Mindarie (in the north) for first week when we arrive so will probably need a holiday let for 2 or 3 weeks to give us time to organise our 6 month rental, just horrified at the prices of holiday lets!

Deffo have to set up some meets when we all get there.

Cheers

Wayne

Hi Wayne - What is drawing you to Cooloongup? :no: Not usually an area selected by anyone I know! Please feel free to PM me if you would like any further comments/info....

Regards, Cheryl (living in Waikiki)

Archived