First response from Case Officer - Partner Visa ... help/advise needed

snowy5100

Hello all

We have just received the first response below from the case officer is this just a standard letter ??? we are just a bit concerned about Section 1 below:

• You have not provided sufficient evidence regarding your relationship with your sponsor.

we have sent in everything possible we have, like All Joint bank account statements , Utility Bills etc etc , plus we have sent in all individual financial stuff aswell this is what it states we can submit as evidence, we have only submitted a few months worth do they want to see more or is this just a standard letter everyone gets???

Can anyone help or advise

With thanks

I am writing to confirm receipt of your migrant visa application that was lodged with this office online on 31/12/2014. I am your case officer and our contact details can be found at the bottom of this letter. Whenever contacting this office, please ensure you quote your Client ID provided at the top of this page.

Contacting the Department

General enquiries

If you have a general enquiry about the processing of your application, please contact the Europe Service Centre (ESC) using the contact details provided in the signature block. Please do not send any general enquiries to thefamilymigrationlondon************** mailbox.

Important information about providing documents via ImmiAccount

You can upload a maximum of 60 documents per ImmiAccount but each document can have multiple pages. The size limit for each file is 5 MB. Please be aware that once you reach the limit of 60 documents on each ImmiAccount linked to your application, you are not able to attach any further information. Therefore it is strongly recommended where possible to scan as many documents to one file to ensure your account does not reach full capacity.

When providing supporting documentation for your application, it is important for you to select the most relevant information that best demonstrates your claims. Please note that you can upload documents against your sponsor’s ImmiAccount if you have no additional space on your account.

Do not send documents by email or through the post as it will cause delays in the processing of your application.

For information on how to attach scans of documents to your ImmiAccount, please refer to the link below:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/attach-documents-online-application.aspx

This letter contains important information regarding the processing of your application. Please take the time to read this letter, as it outlines how your application will be processed, what information is required from you, when this information must be provided and other important information. Following, you will find:

• Section 1: further information required
  • Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
  • Client Service Information

Please note that the current processing time for partner migration at the Australian High Commission, London is at least 10 - 14 months from the date you lodged your application. This time frame is based the number of applications currently awaiting processing and planning levels available under the family stream of the Australian migration program. It is therefore recommended that you do not take any irreversible action during the processing of your application, such as ceasing employment, selling property or purchasing airline tickets.

SECTION 1: FURTHER INFORMATION REQUIRED

In order to continue processing your application, please provide me with further information as indicated below within 70 days of the date of this letter. If you do not respond to this request within this time frame, a decision will be made on your application based on the information contained on your file.

Partner visa requirements

• You have not provided sufficient evidence regarding your relationship with your sponsor. Please provide a range of documents from Dec 2013 onwards showing you have been in a de-facto relationship (residing together) with your sponsor. Documents that are often provided to substantiate a person’s claim that they are in a genuine and continuing relationship include, but are not limited to:

• Joint financial or legal documents (mortgage, bank account, utility bills, wills)
  • Individual financial or legal documents showing the same address

Please do not include such items as videos, greeting cards, photographs or other electronic material or items, or correspondence between you and your partner of a personal nature.

This information must be scanned and uploaded to your ImmiAccount.

Other

• Provide copies of the following documents which must be scanned and uploaded to your ImmiAccount:

The SECTION 1: FURTHER INFORMATION REQUIRED part is not a standard letter.

You've told us that you only submitted a few months worth of evidence. If you haven't provided evidence covering every month in the entire period from December 2013 until the date of your application, that would explain the problem. You should also have provided personal statements and declarations from family members, friends and acquaintances? I imagine you've referred to 'Evidence that your relationship is genuine' in the Partner Migration booklet but just in case you haven't, here's a link:

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1127.pdf See pages 39-41

Edited by Ozmaniac

Hello all

We have just received the first response below from the case officer is this just a standard letter ??? we are just a bit concerned about Section 1 below:

• You have not provided sufficient evidence regarding your relationship with your sponsor.

we have sent in everything possible we have, like All Joint bank account statements , Utility Bills etc etc , plus we have sent in all individual financial stuff aswell this is what it states we can submit as evidence, we have only submitted a few months worth do they want to see more or is this just a standard letter everyone gets???

Can anyone help or advise

With thanks

I am writing to confirm receipt of your migrant visa application that was lodged with this office online on 31/12/2014. I am your case officer and our contact details can be found at the bottom of this letter. Whenever contacting this office, please ensure you quote your Client ID provided at the top of this page.

Contacting the Department

General enquiries

If you have a general enquiry about the processing of your application, please contact the Europe Service Centre (ESC) using the contact details provided in the signature block. Please do not send any general enquiries to thefamilymigrationlondon************** mailbox.

Important information about providing documents via ImmiAccount

You can upload a maximum of 60 documents per ImmiAccount but each document can have multiple pages. The size limit for each file is 5 MB. Please be aware that once you reach the limit of 60 documents on each ImmiAccount linked to your application, you are not able to attach any further information. Therefore it is strongly recommended where possible to scan as many documents to one file to ensure your account does not reach full capacity.

When providing supporting documentation for your application, it is important for you to select the most relevant information that best demonstrates your claims. Please note that you can upload documents against your sponsor’s ImmiAccount if you have no additional space on your account.

Do not send documents by email or through the post as it will cause delays in the processing of your application.

For information on how to attach scans of documents to your ImmiAccount, please refer to the link below:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/attach-documents-online-application.aspx

This letter contains important information regarding the processing of your application. Please take the time to read this letter, as it outlines how your application will be processed, what information is required from you, when this information must be provided and other important information. Following, you will find:

• Section 1: further information required

• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

• Client Service Information

Please note that the current processing time for partner migration at the Australian High Commission, London is at least 10 - 14 months from the date you lodged your application. This time frame is based the number of applications currently awaiting processing and planning levels available under the family stream of the Australian migration program. It is therefore recommended that you do not take any irreversible action during the processing of your application, such as ceasing employment, selling property or purchasing airline tickets.

SECTION 1: FURTHER INFORMATION REQUIRED

In order to continue processing your application, please provide me with further information as indicated below within 70 days of the date of this letter. If you do not respond to this request within this time frame, a decision will be made on your application based on the information contained on your file.

Partner visa requirements

• You have not provided sufficient evidence regarding your relationship with your sponsor. Please provide a range of documents from Dec 2013 onwards showing you have been in a de-facto relationship (residing together) with your sponsor. Documents that are often provided to substantiate a person’s claim that they are in a genuine and continuing relationship include, but are not limited to:

• Joint financial or legal documents (mortgage, bank account, utility bills, wills)

• Individual financial or legal documents showing the same address

Please do not include such items as videos, greeting cards, photographs or other electronic material or items, or correspondence between you and your partner of a personal nature.

This information must be scanned and uploaded to your ImmiAccount.

Other

• Provide copies of the following documents which must be scanned and uploaded to your ImmiAccount:

Hello, i applied on 31/12/14 and got a similar email yesterday. You need to show a minimum of 12 months evidence of being in a defacto relationship. So try and send dated evidence from thebeginning if not earlier than 12 months and youll be fine. We supplied exactly 2 years worth with bills etc dated 2 months apart upto lodging date.

hipe this helps.

p.s we did not need to provide any further evidence.

we have only submitted a few months worth

This is your problem right here. You need to provide evidence that you have been de facto (living together and sharing finances) for 12* months. That is the most important/basic requirement of the de facto visa. Not sure why you didn't think you needed more than a few months' worth, but I'd get on sending a year's worth ASAP.

(*You didn't mention this, but if you had periods of temporary separation AFTER you started living together, that's okay, as long as you can provide evidence that you stayed in touch during those times and continued to share finances, etc.)

Edited by CollegeGirl

Hi & thxs for the reply, we have submitted everything we have. The issue we have is the mortgage is in my partners name as I sold mine when we moved in together & there was no need to rearrange another mortgage. Also utility bills are genral only put into one persons name, there is no legal requirement that they have to be in joint names.

We have sent the following in Joint names: bank statements, Council tax, Child Tax Credits, Child Benefit . The water bill, gas , electric & mobile phones are in in individual names and these are online accounts in one name, but they all state the direct debit is from our joint account showing both names.

We have sent in individual documents like the following which show our addresses on ,Drivers licences, bank statements, credit card statements, letters from insurance companies, HMRC tax letters & notices, End of year tax returns, my Australian bank account is registered at my uk address so I have submitted that as well. We have also sent in proof where we have transferred money to each others accounts to cover all household expenses, proof that all bills come from joint account with full direct debit history. The range of documents cover a 4 year period.

(This is what a meant by a few)

Water bill, council tax bill , child tax credits, child benefit are all yearly bills so we only get one a year, we have submitted bank statements for a full year (every other month ), same with utility bills a years worth but random months (5/6 months off each)

Just at a loss now what else we could send in ;-(

Edited by snowy5100

Oh, okay, when you said you only sent in a few months' worth I was surprised - so you've already sent in all this covering a four year period and they still asked for more? Wow. That actually surprises me - your list above looks like pretty solid evidence to me. I wonder if there's any chance they didn't see the evidence somehow - did you apply online? Maybe send your CO a list like you detailed above (bullet points, though, so it's easier to read) and say you just wanted to make sure she could see all of this on your account, and confirm she really does need more.

Edited by CollegeGirl

I think the crutch of the matter is the named evidence on the property, whether mortgaged or rented and the bills not being in joint names.maybe if you could prove investing funds from the sale of your property and using them towards the new mortgage in your partners name this would help.

regards

With reference to the mortgage & utility bills , there is no legal requirement that a couple living together or a husband & wife has to have these in joint names. Most couples don't have all utility bills in joint names as there is no need.

We have full proof that all household bills come out of a joint account, whether or not they are in joint or individual names.

Thxs for your help

They know its not a legal requirement. What they are looking for is solid proof of the joint commitments.a little old fashioned perhaps in this day and age, but i guess their thinking is. If your partnered together then why wouldnt everything be in both names.

Their thinking! Not mine.

We are going to have another good look tonight and increase what we have already sent in . Just printed off more Gas & electric bills , Mobile phone bills, also a few more annual statements from different financial companies. Do you think its worth sending in stuff like car insurance documents,I mean we have one each for our cars but we are both named on each others ?? or do they just want things that you get on a monthly basis?

The mobile phone bills we have for yrs at the same address , but are in individual names are these ok to send ?

Edited by snowy5100

Finding this a bit worrying as it looks like you sent loads of evidence. Not all our bills are joint....in fact only our water is! I didn't realise you'd have to send in so many of the same piece/ type of evidence! Think I might have to get husbands name put on a few more things!

Not all utility companies will do it. I tried to get electric and gas put in joint names and the company won't do it, say its not their policy.

How about wills, outlining who the property goes to in the event of death, that kind of thing? If the property s only in one name is there nothing to say what would happen to it? Legal documents like that show commitment, same as things like pensions and life insurance made out in favour of the partner.

Not all utility companies will do it. I tried to get electric and gas put in joint names and the company won't do it, say its not their policy.

How about wills, outlining who the property goes to in the event of death, that kind of thing? If the property s only in one name is there nothing to say what would happen to it? Legal documents like that show commitment, same as things like pensions and life insurance made out in favour of the partner.

We no longer own a house although we did jointly so obviously will include that. Have jointly rented 2 houses since. Haven't got a will but maybe we should do one for the sake of it!

@snowy5100 we submitted on 24th Dec 2014 and also got an email asking for more info from Dec 2011... We have been together 13 years this year, 3 kids....numerous trips together, to Australia and elsewhere...

As you say many bills in our own names and we just pay certain things from our own accounts... Its funny, cos ppl who are doing it to get their visa will have ll the proof required to a t and be prepared... for all, whereas genuine ppl get caught short, heres hoping our case officer also sends back all ok... Where ru hoping to go?