Financial/Emotional worries after moving

barcud

Hi, Long story short : I lived here in Qld 10 years ago, had 2 children, got divorced then moved back to uk to be near family.

x is Australian so he stayed.

Now my situation so far is, I moved to qld in August this year with my 2 teenage children, 13 & 16. They have settled well into the lifestyle. They get to see their father who is Australian more often. I have managed to find a job but am unable to find full time hours in the area I chose to live.

I left my house in the uk thinking I could rent it out as renting has never been a problem is the area. But then changes happened to the school and families are moving elsewhere. Sadly this has not happened and my funds are dwindling paying mortgage there plus rent, bills over here. The housing market there is not looking good to sell. The outlook of staying looks quite grim. So realistically thinking, I'll be going back.

My eldest has also missed 4 months of gcse course work in the 2nd year, so am concerned as to will she be able to catch-up in time for exams. Any suggestions???

Can the father help out with expenses for the kids? Would that allow you to continue in your current situation? How long were you intending on staying in Australia?

Have you looked at second jobs in different fields that could bring you to a full-time wage? Surely you can just lower your rent demands in the UK to get someone in the property? Better to have someone in there than not getting any rent at all.

I have lowered the rent asking price significantly, just no takers biting I'm afraid. Am on online job sites every day applying for work plus calling round business' in person. The father does contribute towards the children, this helps a little.

Will your ex let the kids go now that he has them in Aus? That could be major barrier number 1.

If you were to return could you send your 16 yr old back now so that the school can help with the shortfall in the curriculum ASAP and give yourself a bit of wriggle room for getting you and the youngest back? Schools are pretty good at helping kids catch up especially if they know the child.