820 to 801

englishlad

Hey all,

Hope everyone is well and having a good start to 2015!

In a couple of months I should be getting approached to start finalizing and sending back evidence to move from the 820 temp to 801 PR and have a couple of questions as below if anyone can help?

1) Can anyone confirm what documents you are asked for/send in for this part? I've heard its generally not as much as your initial application for 820, but I can’t really find a straight list anywhere. Has anyone done this recently?

2) As it was an application onshore, for the 820 part I had to remain in the country whilst processing and until it was granted – is that the same when the 801 stage is going through? Or would I be able to leave the country as I have 820?

Thanks everyone, any help much appreciated!

I know someone just going into the 801 phase- they have recently been asked to provide further documents which support proof that the relationship is committed & ongoing- ie joint household bills/ lease/recent photographs together (dated)/ letters or cards addressed to both/ & if you have nominated the partner as beneficiary to your Super fund /willetc.

Edited by Freesia

1) Can anyone confirm what documents you are asked for/send in for this part? I've heard its generally not as much as your initial application for 820, but I can’t really find a straight list anywhere. Has anyone done this recently?

They will send you a check-list a few months before you are eligible for the 801 perm visa. But you will need proof that you have continued to share a life together - joint bills, joint lease, more form 888's, proof of continued joint finances, photos, joint memberships. All the recent evidence between when you applied for the 820 and now.

2) As it was an application onshore, for the 820 part I had to remain in the country whilst processing and until it was granted – is that the same when the 801 stage is going through? Or would I be able to leave the country as I have 820?

You do not have to remain in Australia whilst your 801 is being processed as you have full travel rights on your 820

Keep in mind that IMMI seem to be cracking down on 820 - 801 visa applications. They used to be very straight forward but they seem to want more evidence and the processing times have got longer.