Suburbs in the north of Brissie

Georgie

Hi

we live in bray park next to warner lakes and its a grreat area as some have said and cheaper houses than north lakes as we only have a 400 limit as well and you can pick up a goodie with a pool on 7-11 side.

I work near the city and its a 40 min driv in traffic and half hour to bribie island which is LUSH!! (welsh), no troubles here at all good schools 2 girls in bald hills state which is excellent and my friend teaches in strathpine west schl which she says is very good.

Great bunch of friends here and they all aussies and kiwis cause Brits like to keep to their own kind!!

Good luck

PS alot of kids from all round the north go to Bald hills state eg northlakes, brackenridge, margate, kallanger as its one of the best northside.

AND DEF NO GO CABOOLTURE RUFF AS and schools really bad, as another 1 of my friends works in the HIGH SCHOOL. Sorry people who live there but thats how it is!!

Guest kimmie
Hi

we live in bray park next to warner lakes and its a grreat area as some have said and cheaper houses than north lakes as we only have a 400 limit as well and you can pick up a goodie with a pool on 7-11 side.

I work near the city and its a 40 min driv in traffic and half hour to bribie island which is LUSH!! (welsh), no troubles here at all good schools 2 girls in bald hills state which is excellent and my friend teaches in strathpine west schl which she says is very good.

Great bunch of friends here and they all aussies and kiwis cause Brits like to keep to their own kind!!

Good luck

Hi, good to hear someone say some positive stuff, particularly about the 'friendship thing'!!! Must say you seem to be quite lucky in that respect as I to seem to be struggling a little? Im a Brit and have travelled substantially and lived in a fair few countries, I do pride myself on not being aloof or keeping to myself, I think its a wonderful thing to experience so many other cultures. I have indeed lived in New Zealand so am not surprised you have made some great friends amongst them as I found them to be very wholesome and genuine people, infact 2 of my 3 children still live there and are now citizens. I do believe its nothing to do with being British, in my case for instance I have no links or connections with school etc., therefore occassioning no chance of meeting 'new' people in that arena. Until I think you find work or study or whatever path you are headed, it really can be quite difficult, dare I say it being just that bit older, it can be a scary experience headed to the shopping centre everyday and hoping someone may take pity on you and actually speak to you.... only kidding, thats in the extreme, but really in my case it really is quite an isolating experience, one which I hope soon to conquer :biggrin:

Archived