190 visa - Is AUD 2200 crazy for agent for final stages ???

squeakf99

Hi all,

Very helpful forum. Has anyone here used true blue migration? They have a no visa no fee policy. I will be applying for Victoria state nomination 190 visa as life scientist nec. I submitted my skills assessment with Vetassess 9 weeks ago and I will sit IELTs in 3 weeks.

I live and work in Qld with my partner (both on WHV) since July. I will be applying from QLD. The Victorian state nomination website states you need a job offer but when I called they said it's not completely necessary as long as I convince then I want to live there. So I will write a letter with friends address and number in Melbourne (who I will live with) and a list of jobs applied for and a contract from my current job stating that I will finish in March and my employers number to confirm this.

True blue have quoted me 2200 despite the fact that I've done a huge amount of it already.

Any suggestions??? Or has anyone used True Blue before. I really want this PR visa but don't want to risk doing the state nomination part alone in case I don't get it but it's a lot of extra money.

Sarah

http://migrationagentreviews.com/australia-agent-reviews.html

The amount you have been quoted sounds very reasonable to me. I know you feel that you have done a lot of the work yourselves but majority of people using an agent will still have to do work towards the skills assessment, and the agent can't sit the IELTS for you.

Final stages of an application to me would mean application submitted waiting for medicals and police check and grant. Still at the start of the process, there is a lot more work to do before get to final stages, get positive skills assessment, complete ielts, state nomination, EOI, invitation to apply, lodge application, upload all paper work.

http://migrationagentreviews.com/australia-agent-reviews.html

Final stages of an application to me would mean application submitted waiting for medicals and police check and grant. Still at the start of the process, there is a lot more work to do before get to final stages, get positive skills assessment, complete ielts, state nomination, EOI, invitation to apply, lodge application, upload all paper work.

This quote is not including the EOI, the quote for that was 3,500. If that was included I would be quite happy to go with it.

It depends on how complicated the particular application is but the things you mention are fairly straightforward and easily do-able without using a migration agent.

Medicals and Police checks can be done before a CO is assigned

Her skills assessment is already submitted so a migration agent cant do anything about that.

Her IELTS is arranged

I dont know anything about state nomination for Victoria but I know a bit about NSW sponsorship and that is fairly easy to apply for, I cant imagine it being very complicated for Victoria.

EOI, getting invitation, apply, upload paperwork. All pretty standard things you can do yourself if you do some research on forums like these.

My recommendation (like I did on the other forum, if possible that is) is to try to get a high IELTS score (or use PTE which has fairer marking), get 20 points for the language ability (I think you're from Ireland so that shouldnt be much of a problem) and apply for a 189 visa.

It depends on how complicated the particular application is but the things you mention are fairly straightforward and easily do-able without using a migration agent.

Her skills assessment is already submitted so a migration agent cant do anything about that.

Her IELTS is arranged

I dont know anything about state nomination for Victoria but I know a bit about NSW sponsorship and that is fairly easy to apply for, I cant imagine it being very complicated for Victoria.

EOI, getting invitation, apply, upload paperwork. All pretty standard things you can do yourself if you do some research on forums like these.

My recommendation (like I did on the other forum, if possible that is) is to try to get a high IELTS score (or use PTE which has fairer marking), get 20 points for the language ability (I think you're from Ireland so that shouldnt be much of a problem) and apply for a 189 visa.

Life Scientist nec (234599) is not on the SOL so is not eligible for a 189.

Her IELTS is arranged

The op can't apply for 189 as occupation is not on SOL.

the op are looking for off-list state nomination, so this is not straight forward, as they don't live in the state, nor do they have job offer, and planningto put a friends address where they don't live currently or on the lease, but will have to show that they are employable in their field. I've seen people turned down for state nomination when they have had more ties to the state.

If they don't get state nomination there will be no visa as occupation on CSOL require state nomination or employer sponsorship. So their situation is not that straightforward.

This quote is not including the EOI, the quote for that was 3,500. If that was included I would be quite happy to go with it.

$3500 sounds more like the going rate. Depends how much you need the help and the want the visa, I do feel that it will be a challange for you to get the state nomination. And would have more success when you are living in Vic. States are being a lot tougher in their nominating criteria, Vic turn down people,if they think they won't get a job even when their occupation is on the state occupation list.

the op are looking for off-list state nomination, so this is not straight forward, as they don't live in the state, nor do they have job offer, and planningto put a friends address where they don't live currently or on the lease, but will have to show that they are employable in their field. I've seen people turned down for state nomination when they have had more ties to the state.

If they don't get state nomination there will be no visa as occupation on CSOL require state nomination or employer sponsorship. So their situation is not that straightforward.

Oh okay, sorry about that, I didnt look up the occupation

But that doesnt not change my opinion about using a migration agent. If its a complex case, a migration agent is probably worth it. If it's just a normal 190 application it perfectly do-able yourself if you do the necessary research.

This is exactly the point, it really isn't straight forward. If I was living and working in Victoria it would be.

The fact that the agent is willing to take on the case, albeit with a very high price with a "no visa no fee" policy makes me think that they feel they can get me the visa. It is really about how strong a case I can put forward to convince them I want to live and work in Victoria and can get a job there. Getting a job on a WHV is near impossible but with a PR it would be fine (been told by numerous HR departments and agencies). I can also try get this is writing from a few agencies. It is a very high risk for me to give up a well-paid job in Qld to move to Vic with no job in the hope that I get state nomination.

2200 would be worth it if I get the state nomination but it seems a very high price for just a state nomination application. I will have completed skills assessment and IELTS and selected the visa category. After nomination I will still have to do all the DIBP application on my own.

This is exactly the point, it really isn't straight forward. If I was living and working in Victoria it would be.

The fact that the agent is willing to take on the case, albeit with a very high price with a "no visa no fee" policy makes me think that they feel they can get me the visa. It is really about how strong a case I can put forward to convince them I want to live and work in Victoria and can get a job there. Getting a job on a WHV is near impossible but with a PR it would be fine (been told by numerous HR departments and agencies). I can also try get this is writing from a few agencies. It is a very high risk for me to give up a well-paid job in Qld to move to Vic with no job in the hope that I get state nomination.

2200 would be worth it if I get the state nomination but it seems a very high price for just a state nomination application. I will have completed skills assessment and IELTS and selected the visa category. After nomination I will still have to do all the DIBP application on my own.

are you sure the no visa no fee applies to the state nomination application? I would suspect it might not and only if they take on your whole application.

Have you looked at offlist nomination for QLD if that is possible?

Or there are many other good registered migration agents within Australia, try someone else if you are not happy at the cost.

I have tried four agents so far but I will try more. True blue quoted me 2200 for just state nomination. Another gave me incorrect information (said I could apply for 189 which I can't as life scientist nec is not on this list). Another said they don't to GSM visas and the fourth didn't respond. I have requested a contract and breakdown of what service I will receive. The no visa no fee policy really appeals to me because I really feel that this will be tricky to get and I could spend more money and still not get PR.

Life scientist unfortunately isn't on the QLD state nomination list if that’s what the "off list" is?

Edited by squeakf99

$2,200 for just state nomination? That sounds outrageous to me.

Why is your case so complicated? Sure, you dont live and work in Victoria at the moment but people get state sponsorship when they dont even live in Australia.

Ye I feel that this is outrageous too. It can actually be more difficult to get when living and working in another AUS state because with a state nomination PR you do not have to (morally yes, legally no) live in the state that sponsered you so they require evidence that you will live in the state and not just get the nomination from them and live elsewhere. So for me I guess the concern would be that I will continue to live and work in QLD

Does Victoria ask for proof that you will live and work in VIC?

I've just checked it and it doesn't seem that they ask for any proof. You need to sign a document with the victoria conditions which is a lot of blabla but it also includes the intention to live and work in victoria for 2 years. https://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/word_doc/0015/225051/Skilled-Declaration.doc

Have you created an account here yet? https://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/manageyouraccount/skilled-visa-nomination

It sounds like you know enough information why you must show that you want to live and work in Vic. As you are on a WHV, you would need to show that you have no ties to Qld so that you are free to relocate to VIc. Have you travelled round while on your WHV or just settled in Qld. As you are here in WHV think this would be easier to show than if on 457 or student visa.

Another option could be to hold off applying until after your contract is finished and you have moved to Victoria, might be tight on time getting the nomination and invitation before WHV runs out.

Perhaps you should tackle it alone or get them to take on all the work for the rest of your application.

Edited by lebourvellec

Does Victoria ask for proof that you will live and work in VIC?

I've just checked it and it doesn't seem that they ask for any proof. You need to sign a document with the victoria conditions which is a lot of blabla but it also includes the intention to live and work in victoria for 2 years. https://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/__data/assets/word_doc/0015/225051/Skilled-Declaration.doc

Have you created an account here yet? https://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/manageyouraccount/skilled-visa-nomination

[h=3]I am currently living in another state/territory of Australia outside of Victoria - am I eligible to apply?[/h]Yes, although applicants who have been living in, or demonstrate strong ties with, another state other than Victoria are required to provide a current offer of employment in their nomination occupation in Victoria.

I am currently living in another state/territory of Australia outside of Victoria - am I eligible to apply?

Yes, although applicants who have been living in, or demonstrate strong ties with, another state other than Victoria are required to provide a current offer of employment in their nomination occupation in Victoria.

I was just about tho post this. I feel it will be too risky to wait until my contract is up and then move because if I don't get this I will need to of regional work for a second year visa. I though PhD graduates all go through the streamlined path but I just read that the occupation must be on the SOL for this…ahhh!!

Victorian Government has introduced a streamlined pathway to state nomination for international graduates with a PhD. Applications through this pathway will be processed within two weeks, compared to the standard 12 week processing time.

To be eligible, applicants will need to either:

I have been in QLD since July except for two weeks myself and my partner visited Victoria and NSW

Edited by squeakf99
MORE INFO

You said you are on a working holiday visa which is a temporary visa. Of course you are eligible to apply.

Like I said before I do not know much about sponsorship from Victoria but I just created an account on the victoria website and went through the application form. They do not ask for proof that you will live and work in VIC, all you need to do (from what I can see) is sign a document saying you agree to Victoria's conditions.

I was just about tho post this. I feel it will be too risky to wait until my contract is up and then move because if I don't get this I will need to of regional work for a second year visa. I though PhD graduates all go through the streamlined path but I just read that the occupation must be on the SOL for this…ahhh!!

Victorian Government has introduced a streamlined pathway to state nomination for international graduates with a PhD. Applications through this pathway will be processed within two weeks, compared to the standard 12 week processing time.

To be eligible, applicants will need to either:

I have been in QLD since July except for two weeks myself and my partner visited Victoria and NSW

if it is only going to take 2 wks, I had factored 12 wks, I would be tempted to wait, which would rule out the uncertainty of being refused. Vic are the only state that allows you to apply without a positive skills assessment, perhaps having the skills assessment and IELTS completed may show you as a stronger candidate for state nomination.

Please ignore the part of my last post that where I suggested that I won't be in the two week streamlined pathway. I will be because I have an overseas PhD and an occupation on the State nomination occupation list for Victoria. I was reading it quickly and for some reason thought I didn't met the criteria for this pathway but I do.

I didn't even realise I could apply without the skills assessment. I sent it in 9 weeks ago but I contacted Vetassess four days ago for an update on the completion date and they haven't responded yet. My previous emails they responded within a day or two

thomasvo, I will go through the website now. are you applying for 190 too? Do you work in Vic?

Edited by squeakf99

Given that Victoria doesn't require you to already have skills assessment and because State Nomination Occupation Lists can and do change frequently and without warning, IMO you should apply to Victoria now if you meet all of their other eligibility requirements.

They actually did update the list a few weeks ago and luckily it was still on it. I will see what timeline Vetasses gives me and if it's more than a few weeks I will submit

I called Vetassess. They said 12 working weeks which doesn't include xmas and bank holidays so they said "don't quote me on this but I think the first or second week of February". They couldn't even tell me if someone was working on my case.

I will be afraid of ruining my chances by applying without the skills assessment

I called Vetassess. They said 12 working weeks which doesn't include xmas and bank holidays so they said "don't quote me on this but I think the first or second week of February". They couldn't even tell me if someone was working on my case.

I will be afraid of ruining my chances by applying without the skills assessment

Why would this ruin your chances? The option is there for people to use. Its not there so VIC can say "oohh he or she didnt do their skill assessment yes, we'll throw that application in the bin" :)

2 weeks isn't that long of a wait if you want to wait for your skill assessment

I will just wait for the skills assessment in case it's negative. I will also keep trying for the job offer and see if I can get annother agent to offer me a cheaper rate foor a "no visa, no fee". I'm waiting on a contract from True Blue, they said it will be a refund if I don't get the nomination.