What do you miss from the UK?

natalietrueman84

Hi Everyone,

Hope you can help me. I would love you to answer these questions as to help brainstorm some ideas I am having at the moment:

What products/things do you miss from the UK and find it difficult to get them here in Australia?

What things are you finding expensive here in AUstralia compared to the UK?

What things do you refrain from buying here in Australia because they are too expensive?

If you could have one product here which would make your life easier, what would it be?

Many Thanks Everyone :-)

Natalie

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you can help me. I would love you to answer these questions as to help brainstorm some ideas I am having at the moment:

What products/things do you miss from the UK and find it difficult to get them here in Australia? ......... Nivea 2 in 1 toner and cleanser - they don't sell it here

What things are you finding expensive here in AUstralia compared to the UK? ...................................... I've not lived/visited the UK for 8 years - have no idea what the cost of living is there

What things do you refrain from buying here in Australia because they are too expensive? ..................... Nothing - if I need it, I'll buy it

If you could have one product here which would make your life easier, what would it be? ......................... Nivea 2 in 1 toner and cleanser then I wouldn't have to stock up when relatives come over.

What products/things do you miss from the UK and find it difficult to get them here in Australia?

Honestly nothing

Second Hand Cars & Beer

What things do you refrain from buying here in Australia because they are too expensive ?

A house with a sea view ( one day though, one day )

If you could have one product here which would make your life easier, what would it be ?

An invention to stop my dog moulting.

Flash power mop and toilet duck fresh brush.

Branded sliced bread

What things do you refrain from buying here in Australia because they are too expensive?

Nothing much

If you could have one product here which would make your life easier, what would it be?

Flash power mop

Try asking again when I've got another cleaner and I might have a different view on things.

Hi Ali!.....

they do have it here.....it is packaged and named slightly differently but a friend enquirer about getting it in australia and Nivea told her it is exactly the same product...

.:cute:

http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/skin-care/toners-spritzers-mists/38112-nivea-face-care-pure-natural-facial-cleansing-toner

That's fabulous ... when I wrote to Nivea Australia a couple of years ago they said they didn't have plans to sell it here. Whoo hoo!!

ETA - I don't know if it's the same - it looks like a toner rather than a cleanser and toner combined

Edited by ali

Guest Chewitts
I don't know if it's the same - it looks like a toner rather than a cleanser and toner combined

The lady I know enquired last year about it and was told this was the same product......it was introduced to australia in 2013....this is from the Nivea website "NIVEA Pure & Natural Cleansing Toner for all skin types has been specially formulated to gently cleanse and revitalise while supporting your skin's natural balance, enriching its healthy glow."

The lady I know enquired last year about it and was told this was the same product......it was introduced to australia in 2013....this is from the Nivea website "NIVEA Pure & Natural Cleansing Toner for all skin types has been specially formulated to gently cleanse and revitalise while supporting your skin's natural balance, enriching its healthy glow."

I'll have a look for it - the reviews suggest it's a toner but I'll have a look for it. Thanks Chewitts - if you speak to your friend, could you ask her how she's found it and if it's a cream cleanser type liquid rather than a clear toner type xxx

Guest littlesarah
I'll have a look for it - the reviews suggest it's a toner but I'll have a look for it. Thanks Chewitts - if you speak to your friend, could you ask her how she's found it and if it's a cream cleanser type liquid rather than a clear toner type xxx

One of the reviewers in the link Chewitts posted described it as a 'creamy toner', so I'm guessing it has that consistency.

2nd hand 911 Turbos.

Cheap performance cars.

Nothing. If I want something, I'll buy it.

964 3.6 Turbo S.

Edited by Bibbs

Rowntrees fruit pastels, they are the only sweets my youngest likes. Have been looking but can't find them locally yet. (We're in Adelaide).

Second hand cars are expensive but hey the fuel is so cheap:wink:

As for the rest, ask me in a few months, when my supply of toiletries runs out....:twitcy:

Rowntrees fruit pastels, they are the only sweets my youngest likes. Have been looking but can't find them locally yet. (We're in Adelaide).

As for the rest, ask me in a few months, when my supply of toiletries runs out....:twitcy:

Try the Lifesaver Fruit Pastilles from Woolworths (normaly the shelf under the mints,gum and Tic Tac's) they are almost identical taste and look wise to Rowntrees. They are in rolls (like Rowntrees) just check you pick up pastilles, as they do Tingles and Blackcurrant pastilles as well in very similar packaging.

Calx

There is a sweet shop in James Place just off Rundle Mall, called Blackeby's, I just got it up on Google maps clicked on the store icon and then clicked on the 'look inside' icon, and what's staring me in the face just left of centre of the photo? yep, Rowntrees fruit pastils.

Go get 'em. ( I believe Blackeby's have other shops about too)

Try the Lifesaver Fruit Pastilles from Woolworths (normaly the shelf under the mints,gum and Tic Tac's) they are almost identical taste and look wise to Rowntrees. They are in rolls (like Rowntrees) just check you pick up pastilles, as they do Tingles and Blackcurrant pastilles as well in very similar packaging.

Calx

Cheers Cal, will look for them as backup:-) x

There is a sweet shop in James Place just off Rundle Mall, called Blackeby's, I just got it up on Google maps clicked on the store icon and then clicked on the 'look inside' icon, and what's staring me in the face just left of centre of the photo? yep, Rowntrees fruit pastils.

Go get 'em. ( I believe Blackeby's have other shops about too)

Have gone Googling! Thankyou! x

Hi Everyone,

Affordable, good quality men's boots. R.M. Williams make nice boots, but they're eye-wateringly expensive. Fortunately Amazon UK do deliver to Australia, so that gets around the problem.

Ditto, men's work shirts. Fortunately M&S often do free delivery to Australia if you put in a big enough order, and I was staggered to receive my last order within 4 working days of it being made.

English beers - I really miss traditional ales. You can get them, but they're very much a treat due to the expense of importing them - I paid $11.50 for a pint of Speckled Hen in Melbourne over Christmas and it was chilled rather than served cool (warm by Australian standards!) as it would be in England. Luckily it was Christmas so I could justify the expense!

M&S food. I can only dream!

Men's toiletries and fragrances.

Eating out / Takeaway

Wine in restaurants (finding a BYO is a smart move).

Books

Itunes downloads.

Books, but if you're happy to buy a second hand copy then you can score some good prices, besides Kindle seems to be a shade cheaper than UK bookstore prices.

A TARDIS - that way I could travel home and get back before I set off!