Getting an RRV with an australian child

Suziafrika

Hi,

I was hoping for some advice from anyone who may have had similar circumstances (the Immi helplines just advise us to apply for an answer)

Our visa situation is as follows:

Husband had a permanent visa, and has since had a one year RRv and a three month RRV - expired september .

i have a permanent visa that expires in June 2014

our two older boys have child visas that expire in 2016 and 2017.

our baby boy was born in Australia in August and is a citizen.

We have been back and forth from Australia over the past few years, but have only done 11 months in total. We have had to keep returning home due to my husbands business that we have not been able to cut ties with as yet. We are planning to return to Aus permanently in Jan 2016. Both mine and my husbands visas will have expired...only our sons will have valid visas, and our youngest being a citizen is our only tie to Australia.

Does anyone have any advice / know if we will be granted RRVs? We are panicking that if they are refused we can't return. We can't really go before June (when my visa is still valid) but we may have to if there is a chance of refusal

Any advice greatly appreciated.....

Getting RRVs is never guaranteed, so there's a risk you won't be successful. If at all possible, I'd suggest you and the children move before your visa expires in June and you can get settled here. Then when your husband can join you he is much more likely to successfully get a RRV on the basis that he has significant ties to Australia since his family is living here.

I agree with Maggie about you moving first, then oh following. Since he has already had 1 year and 3 months RRV, most he could get would be 3 months. There was a similar query posted a few months ago regarding RRV and their 3rd application was refused. Your youngest being a citizen wouldn't be a strong enough link on its own for another RRV. You would prob need job offer etc.