189 Visa Lodged January 2015

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i haven't heard that one?!

Yeah I have read that you have 60 days from when the EOI is offered to actually submit your application. I'm not sure what happens after the 60 days and if you can do another EOI.

We are still waiting on our EOI... it's been over two weeks now since we submitted... starting to think they don't want us.... :(

Yeah I have read that you have 60 days from when the EOI is offered to actually submit your application. I'm not sure what happens after the 60 days and if you can do another EOI.

We are still waiting on our EOI... it's been over two weeks now since we submitted... starting to think they don't want us.... :(

Don't worry, 2 weeks is still a very short time. Take a look at the following spreadsheet, it contains details about the timeline of finished and ongoing visa applications:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE&usp=sharing#gid=277

Some people hear nothing back from Immigration until they get a direct grant a few months after applying.

Be confident!

Sounds like you got confused you may have 60 days from EOI to create the application for a 189 visa, but you may wait to do the medicals and PCC because they're time sensitive. Ie you're backdated to when they're complete on your 12 month activation of visa. You'll hear back soon enough from EOI 60 pointers are only taking up to 4 weeks last time I checked!

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Colour scanned copies of originals are accepted, we put up black and white but the replaced with colour versions.

Got direct grant with no questions asked :)

Hey DJ Fuddy, did you just scan and upload your birth certificate as well (not certified?), because the upload page reads like that one should be certified? And this would make sense as this is the only document that any assessing board has not seen yet.

Thanks

Yes it is a click of the button but they told us the X-rays and blood had to go off, then when they came back the results would be checked by a doctor. They said we were looking at about a week before the results would be received in oz. So just surprised it was so quick. It is a nice thing to have part of this process to be quick, everything else seems to have taken a long time!

I cant believe how quickly our medicals were to get back to Australia.

We had them done on Tuesday and they are showing as received in my Immiaccount.

Now that is what I call service!!!!!

where abouts does it say recieved? I can't find mine, the only thing I have is the form that says completed!! Should I be worried?

Yes it is a click of the button but they told us the X-rays and blood had to go off, then when they came back the results would be checked by a doctor. They said we were looking at about a week before the results would be received in oz. So just surprised it was so quick. It is a nice thing to have part of this process to be quick, everything else seems to have taken a long time!

Ah I see!

where abouts does it say recieved? I can't find mine, the only thing I have is the form that says completed!! Should I be worried?

It doesn't say received, it says health has been finalised for this person.

Just check under the health requirements.

Dont worry it will be there in the next few days. :smile:

Hi

I applied on 9th Jan for 189 plus my husband and daughter. I am just about to tackle Form 80 and get that front loaded. Does anyone know if I need to do one for my husband too? Also, I have been trying to put my timeline in my signature for the past week but I cant see how to do it anywhere! Can anyone help!?

Thanks,

Clare