189 Visa Lodged January 2015

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a note in my application that says: "Correspondence for this application is currently being sent to the Primary Applicant at the following email address: <email>". Waiting for the email.

This doesn't necessarily means they sent you an email, it just means that any correspondence for your application will be sent to the mentioned e-mail.

Ah thanks, I'm waiting to hear from them now, fingers crossed for tomorrow

Hi Claire, congrats on your invite and lodgement of the visa! Just wanted to ask what time did you receive the email with the invitation, was it like the opening thread poster who got it shortly after midnight Australian time?

Also, another question.. it seems really easy for people to get invited for 189.. as long as you meet the 60 points is it pretty much inevitable? I just got my IELTS results back over the weekend and got the final 20 points I need, so I hope to make the next round of invitations in February.'TIA.

Hi there, same here.. when did your documents arrive at the FBI? Right now they have a 16 week processing timeline.. mine arrived December 26th. Gonna be a very long wait till the end of april .

The FBI received my clearance request on Nov/7. I still didn't hear anything from them.

Hi All. I am joining this thread as we too lodged our visa application on 11th January (very excited!). The waiting commences! We are already in Sydney on a 457 visa, having arrived in Feb 2014, so we have already done 'the move'. So far, application done and all uploaded including Aus PCCs and the Medicals for us both - just awaiting UK PCCs back. I got an email this morning acknowledging receipt of the UK PCCs on the 19th January, so hopefully they won't be too long....has anyone else received UK PCCs back recently? Would be good to know how long people have waited. I have seen from other threads that in Nov/Dec they seemed to be taking a while...

IELTS Results 14-Nov-14 (S:9,R:9:W:8.5,L:9)| Engineers Australia skills assessment submitted 16-Nov-14| Engineers Australia +ive assessment 8-Jan-15| EOI submitted 8-Jan-15| Invite: 9-Jan-15| Lodged: 11-Jan-15| Medicals: 15-Jan-15| Aus PCC: 16-Jan-15| UK PCC: awaiting...

Anyway - good luck all.

Tiny bit of advice needed. I am about to make my application and upload all supporting documents, however, I am missing my degree certificate. I am told it will take up to a month to obtain a replacement. I do however have a transcript of education which states I got a degree, in what, and where. Will it be ok, do you think, if I upload this and then upload my degree cert as soon as the replacement arrives. I just don't want to delay our application at all if I can avoid it. Grrrrr, damn that 'super safe place' all my documents are hiding in.

Hi Pinkest Lady. Are you claiming points for your degree? If so - have you had it assessed as being equivalent to an Australia degree (which I believe is a requirement - but don't hold me to it). I think people have got in trouble assuming a degree is equivalent to an Australian one in the past. Just checking before you pay a big amount of money over that can't be returned. Not sure if you have to have had it assessed in advance (as you are stating in your EOI and visa application that you have a degree equivalent to an Australian one) or if they are happy to review a submitted transcript and certificate at DIAC (who are not degree experts). We had my husbands assessed as part of his Engineer's Australia skill assessment - which is standard for Engineers. Probably worth checking before you submit. If you aren't claiming points for it - I wouldn't worry too much about submitting the actual certificate a little later - if you have the transcript to upload, as it is really extra stuff to substatiate your a good migrant. But do submit it when it arrives. We managed to leave my husbands birth certificate in the UK at his parents. While we wait for it we have uploaded a certified copy of his passport (which is OK as a substitue on the checklist) and will submit a copy of the original when it arrives.

What do others think on this one?

Tiny bit of advice needed. I am about to make my application and upload all supporting documents, however, I am missing my degree certificate. I am told it will take up to a month to obtain a replacement. I do however have a transcript of education which states I got a degree, in what, and where. Will it be ok, do you think, if I upload this and then upload my degree cert as soon as the replacement arrives. I just don't want to delay our application at all if I can avoid it. Grrrrr, damn that 'super safe place' all my documents are hiding in.

hey wallse ! you're here on this forum too lol! i got my IELTS last friday and got 20 points for that, not i have the 60 i need for EOI. but i can't submit yet, still haven't got my EA skills assessment.. how was your process like? I submitted mine online on Dec 9, so today its the 7th week of waiting. my degree was accredited and I applied via washington pathway (i assume you did the same as well)

Hi cantthinkofone.

Well hello. Welcome to this forum! I only joined yesterday, after submitting my visa a few weeks ago. We had Washington Accord degree too, submitted it on the 16th Nov (just after new online system introduced which seemed to throw around who was getting what and when - but I think they are all caught up now). We received the assessment back via email on the 8th Jan, which enabled us to submit the EOI that night in time for the invitation round the following day. So - about 7 weeks all in including Christmas. Have you emailed msastatus@engineersaustralia.org.au? Email that address, just putting 'status' as the title, as you get an automatic email back within about 30 mins telling you what they are currently processing. It was spot on for me - they said were processing accredited degree - ie Washington accord - assessments received from the 14th November, and ours came through that week. Also - if you check the automatic email, and they are saying they are processing things later than yours by more than 10 days - you can fairly chase up with a call. Good luck!

hey wallse ! you're here on this forum too lol! i got my IELTS last friday and got 20 points for that, not i have the 60 i need for EOI. but i can't submit yet, still haven't got my EA skills assessment.. how was your process like? I submitted mine online on Dec 9, so today its the 7th week of waiting. my degree was accredited and I applied via washington pathway (i assume you did the same as well)

Wallse, thanks for your reply, yes I am claiming points for my degree, but I have completed a nursing skills assessment already with ANMAC which included my degree cert. unfortunately between applying for skills assessment and now I managed to lose the envelope with everything in it, all documents except passport so have had all replaced except my degree cert

Still waiting for a response to the EOI.....

Whilst we wait I have a question...

What documents are they going to ask me to upload, assuming I am selected? Also, do those documents have to be certified or can they just be scans? We're seeing our midwife tomorrow so we could get her to certify them if necessary.

Thanks!