457 - Current processing times

tbk

Me and my spouse are already holding valid 457 visa, I have applied for my kids (1.5 year old) 457 visa on 26th Dec 2014 and completed the medical checkup on 27th Dec 2014, but till today 31 Jan 2015, I am not seeing any progress on application. Online status is "In Process". Can somebody please update me when probably I will get VISA or what could have been the problem.

Can somebody please update me when probably I will get VISA or what could have been the problem.

If only we could... :)

DIBP would have been closed for xmas/new year holidays until 5 Jan, and then would have a backlog to work through. Obviously this last week was a 4-day week as well.

Stated service time for 457 visas is 2-3 months, and they expect to achieve this for 75% of applications. (2 months for apps lodged outside Aus, 3 months for those lodged within.)

Read through this thread and you'll see that visa grants are trickling through, though.

My MA told me to expect 2-3 weeks but I'm now at 5.

How long did you and your spouse have to wait, and when were yours granted?

Application lodged 10th January 2015.

Request for more information 31st January 2015.

Who can I use for this?

Assuming you're in the UK...

https://www.gov.uk/certifying-a-document

See also http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/find-a-notary

btw - you got a reply on a Saturday? I'd been assuming they didn't work weekends. Hmm.

Edited by mungbean

Hi All,

I have found that there's a form 1005, which can be used for ammending the existing bridging visa.

i.e. it can be used for seeking permission to work on the basis of an employer nomination associated with an outstanding application for a subclass

856 or 857 visa; or a Business (temporary) (class TB) visa; or a Medical Practitioner (temporary) (class UE) visa; or a Business (long stay) (class UC)

(subclass 457) visa

I'll be writing to my MA tomorrow to know, if it is possible for my employer to allow me to work based on this form, please let me know, in case any one of you have already explored this avenue.

Edited by Rad28

Got my nomination and visa approval granted today!

Both lodged 23 Dec 14.

No action at all on the IMMI account until today (2/2/15) when it was granted. Two emails sent out at 0400 GMT+11.

I make it 21 working days in total allowing for the holidays.

OK, time to get busy! Best of luck everyone.

Both lodged 23 Dec 14.

No action at all on the IMMI account until today (2/2/15) when it was granted. Two emails sent out at 0400 GMT+11.

Awesome. Congrats!

Both lodged 23 Dec 14.

Congrats mate.

Please let us know, did you got email at 04:00 am in morning(GMT+11).

Also, did the status changed now on immi account, is it showing finalised?

Thanks.

Please let us know, did you got email at 04:00 am in morning(GMT+11).

Also, did the status changed now on immi account, is it showing finalised?

Yes, as I said the two emails were sent to me at 0400 today, [corrected] UK time (3pm on IMMI's side).

Status on IMMI now shows "Finalised" and the application page shows "Granted".

Before today it was just "In Progress" and "processing", with a paragraph about the health check pending.

Edited by mungbean
mixup with times

Finally status in immi changed for me, it is showing as granted. However, I haven't received my visa grant letter from MA yet, she is on leave currently and would return tomorrow, well another day of wait.

Visa Applied:12-Dec-2014

Granted:4-02-2015

Just to add I thought of travelling back from Australia on Bridging B visa, today morning 9:00 am I queued up to submit my bridging B visa form at department of immigration and when I returned home at 10:30, I got a mail that visa has been granted, then I rushed again to department of immigration to withdraw bridging B visa form, else it would have costed $150 more for processing charges.

Visa approval came through for us this morning. Our Visa application wasn't posted when our MA said, instead it was posted last week. It got picked up on the 27th Jan when we were asked for more documents on that date for the defacto patner application. Approved on 4th Feb. I heard that processing centres are different dependant on where you are planning on migrating to. We are off to NSW and has taken just under 2 weeks from the day the application was lodged. Ours was a "Sponsored Temporary Work skilled subclass 457 Visa" (for info).

Our MA wasn't great at replying to email and only when pushed for an update did she tell us that she hadn't actually posted it yet. Our MA said that she was posting it on the 20th December (Saturday). If you are using an MA, ask for the online application details so that you can check the status yourself, if you can, that way you know that everything has been done when they said!

Time to start getting organised!! :chatterbox:

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting.

congrats @fraserharry!

If you are using an MA, ask for the online application details so that you can check the status yourself

All you need is the TRN to be able to register an immAccount on http://www.immi.gov.au/ and then you can check it 5 times a day like the rest of us... ;-)

You just "import" the application via the TRN once your account is created.

Why did your MA have to post the letter? Mine received electronic grant letters for nomination and visa grant by email, and forwarded them to me immediately.

Our Visa application wasn't posted when our MA said, instead it was posted last week. It got picked up on the 27th Jan when we were asked for more documents on that date for the defacto patner application.

Hi FraserHarry, congratulations! So your application was only lodged since last week? That's a pretty fast turnaround!