457 - Current processing times

tbk

Wooohooooo - just woken up to the visa grant email - now the fun begins....pack pack pack:chatterbox:

@axn992 I was asked for more docs last Wednesday....!! Hopefully as quick for you?!

Congratulations. Did you follow up with the CO after you have attached the additional document?

IMMI got back to me today and asked for more information.

Seems there is some progress here. I waited exactly 20 business days before they reply.

Good news! How did you know that your nomination had been approved?

Do you just have to wait for your MA to tell you?

Woohoo! Mine too, got a call from my new employers last night to say it had come through..... pack pack pack and fly on Friday.... OMG it just got real!!!!! Congratulations and good luck to everyone who is waiting for theirs. Mine was lodged 17th December, so you shouldn't be waiting too long now!!x sydney in time for Australia Day! What a way to spend my birthday and start of the Oz adventure!!

Received my grant letter from my agent this morning !:)

it it was actually granted last on Friday and my account was updated from 'processing' to finalised on Saturday so I knew it had been approved then as under correspondence it said 'grant letter created'

so my timeline was roughly 5 weeks - nomination and visa applied 10th December - nomination approved 15th jan and visa granted 16th jan:)

seems like the Xmas backlog is clearing !

Having a quick Google, I think it might be related to my Health Insurance been processed. As far as I'm aware, this message wasn't there before.

Meeting the health requirement

Health has been finalised for this person for this visa subclass based on the information provided to the department. If this person needs to do anything further to meet the health requirement, they will be contacted by the department. There is no need to contact the department at this time concerning this matter.

Edited by BB88

How do I know if my MA submitted a "decision ready" application or not?

Decision ready basically means that you have all the supporting documentation ready with the application. For example, work references, medical insurance, educational certificates / transcripts. If all these documents are ready for the team to view upon launch then I believe it is deemed as 'decision ready'.

There are a lot of other factors that may arise during processing and they may ask for more documentation which could have been hard to pre-empt before launch. Hope this helps!

Decision ready basically means that you have all the supporting documentation ready with the application. For example, work references, medical insurance, educational certificates / transcripts. If all these documents are ready for the team to view upon launch then I believe it is deemed as 'decision ready'.

There are a lot of other factors that may arise during processing and they may ask for more documentation which could have been hard to pre-empt before launch. Hope this helps!

Decision ready is a status from IMMI or by a MA?

Yes mine used to say Processing, but has changed to that.

My visa application was submitted on 12th December 2014 and the status change in front of my name "Processing - Please wait for the department to contact you"

happened around 10th Jan., I am not sure if this happens for all the application, however, the status of application is still "In Progress" as of today and there has been no correspondence.