457 - Current processing times

tbk

12 hours ago, Ram Pareek said:

Hi Nitish,

I hope that we get it soon it’s been long wait.

what do you mean by department is processing application filed from aug 4th.

where are you from?

Hi Ram , 

Please ping me your contact number in below mail id . i can explain you there that what exactly it means. I am from India. and you ?

Edited by MaggieMay24
Email removed

On 10/24/2017 at 11:45, suresh said:

Hi NithisB,
Your VISA will be granted only then after your Nomination for your position approved. The above statement says Your employer nomination for your position is not approved yet. 

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the information. However could you please suggest me that if i have to do anything from my end or is it dependent upon Australian Immigration Authorities.

And how much time does it take for nomination approval.

Thanks .!!

On 11/1/2017 at 15:01, NitishB said:

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the information. However could you please suggest me that if i have to do anything from my end or is it dependent upon Australian Immigration Authorities.

And how much time does it take for nomination approval.

Thanks .!!

Hi Nitish,
You cannot do anything at this stage unless your employer has consistent in hiring foreign workers and had a good relationship with the Immigration Dept. If this is the case your employer can request for priority list for VISA processing. Otherwise, you have to wait and if nothing happens before March 2018 it will be automatically converted into TSS from 457. I am too from India, TamilNadu. Which state you are.? 

On 11/4/2017 at 23:28, suresh said:

Hi Nitish,
You cannot do anything at this stage unless your employer has consistent in hiring foreign workers and had a good relationship with the Immigration Dept. If this is the case your employer can request for priority list for VISA processing. Otherwise, you have to wait and if nothing happens before March 2018 it will be automatically converted into TSS from 457. I am too from India, TamilNadu. Which state you are.? 

Hi Suresh

Thanks for the information. And yes my employer is consistent in hiring and has very good relationship with Immigration Dept however they are telling that we have no process to prioritize the visa. I have to wait only i believe , my bad as its been 4 months and 2 weeks still counting..!!

I am also from India , Hyderabad 

Oh bugger!!!! R nomination was approved 8th June........... so frustrating hey [emoji35]

For sure! It’s frustrating as the processing times keep getting longer. As you get closer, they extend it again.

Did you get asked to provide extra information? Or is your application still ‘received’?

11 hours ago, Shelley said:

No we have had to provide extra info......... Immi says “ assessment in progress “ we have had no correspondence since 23rd June emoji848.pngemoji848.png

If you have been waiting for that period of time, then they are doing external checks, they are verifiing your claims, it happened to me, my last employer stated we didn't install a certain type of machine, however we did but they "forgot" and my visa application was nearly cancelled, they had to go back to the employer and request the info again, I even sent them a link to their website where is stated they installed these machines. When they do external checks it slows the process down, Mine took 18 Months due to this. 

Hello Everyone here is my timeline.

Lodged: 21st July 2017.

Nomination Approved: 3rd August.

Request for further information: 3rd August.

Further info provided: 4th August.

Application is "Assessment in Progress" still waiting for the decision to be made.

Don't know how much more time it will take.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi all ! 
Updates for my 457 visa my partner and me !

Visa lodge 30 th of June 
Nomination lodge 30th of June 
Medical done few days after 
Visa granted today 11th of October 
So a total of 3 months and 11days ! 
Nany information requested between the logement and date of granted notification. only the statut change from “ received” to finalised! 
Got the visa for 4 years and we will be flying in a month.

Good luck every one !!!!! Stay strong while waiting

Was this with the assistance of a, Migration Agent?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Shelly,

Any news?!! We are pretty much in the same situation.

My file has been submitted on the 30th of March 2017, then it was on received status for a couple of months. They requested more informations in July, I sent everything to them straight away and since then it is showing assessment in progress which means 9months of waiting period.It is very hard. 

Edited by Sherine

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All, 

My Nomination has been lodged by my current employer last Friday. I'm in Melbourne on a 417 visa at the moment so I only have 3 months until I hit the 6 month limit on working somewhere. The wait times people have been quoting on here have me really worried! Seems like some people are getting it sorted in 3 weeks and others are waiting nearly a year! I'm told I can be put on a bridging visa but I'm worried if I end up getting rejected I won't be able to get my 2nd year visa on the 417 as I'll miss the 3 months regional work!

Suppose the risk is worth it but I'm a nervous wreck at the moment!

Greg

From what I've read and discussed with some friends who just got theirs in 2 weeks - being an accredited sponsor makes a big difference. 

From a 417 will you be able to get a bridging visa whilst they decide? Maybe worth speaking to an expert in the field.  

Eek, DIBP has updates lead times. 

Last month 75% in 88 days, now it's 7 months!

Should be lodging next week after dotting the T's and crossing the I's on my job offer - they say as accredited, the agent thinks 3 weeks is doable! I'm nervous! 

If it's 7 months, I think i'll find myself with a rescinded job offer....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Application lodged for skilled 457 31/08/17.

Additional info requested from my employer Oct 17, Additional info submitted Nov 17.

Status is Assessment in progress from Dec 17

Moving over from the U.K, Currently been waiting almost 5 Months. Moving out in 3 weeks so my Tennant’s can move in [emoji51] I hope my case worker gets to it sooner rather than later!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2017 at 00:09, baloch1991 said:

Hello Everyone here is my timeline.

Lodged: 21st July 2017.

Nomination Approved: 3rd August.

Request for further information: 3rd August.

Further info provided: 4th August.

Application is "Assessment in Progress" still waiting for the decision to be made.

Don't know how much more time it will take.

Hi Baloch, Are still waiting ?