457 - Current processing times

tbk

56 minutes ago, Cheryl and Wayne said:

I wonder what security checks they do? Mine is showing assessment in progress, how long does it take normally when it gets to assessment in progress stage? 

No idea - they didn't give an ETA on when the checks would be wrapped up, or what the checks were.  Guess it's just a waiting game...!

1 hour ago, memcc said:

I'm in the same boat - been on the priority queue for ~1week now.  I rang them up earlier as there had been no movement, and they said things were progressing with the application.  Apparently the case officer is waiting on security checks coming back.  

My ImmiAccount only shows Application Received as the status, so it's interesting that there is actually stuff going on behind the scenes.

Hey

How long did it take them to get back to you re the priority allocation request? Also do u mind me asking what reasoning was given? It sounds hopeful that you will be hearing soon!

Hey
How long did it take them to get back to you re the priority allocation request? Also do u mind me asking what reasoning was given? It sounds hopeful that you will be hearing soon!

No idea around reasoning - all correspondence went through my sponsor. Timescale was approx 1 week.

Hi Friends,

I have applied my nomination and 457 visa (4 years) on 5th August and No response yet. I am worried about the current processing time keep increasing. Just need to understand

* what is 75% and 90 %( I mean based what they will segregate  75 % and 90 %) for application processing time.  

* What will happen if the 457 visa is in pending until March 2018( after that 457 will be abolished). Will it automatically convert into TSS new visa type? 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, suresh said:

Hi Mhson,

Any idea about my query.

Hey. I'm no expert but from what I have seen most most people get their visa looked at in first 3 months or so and if it's decision ready they make a decision. So lots of people are still getting them granted in reasonable time but if extra info is requested the delay in them getting back to you once you submit this is looonnng. 

And yer if it goes past March 2018 then they will assess it under the new temporary visa.. 

2 minutes ago, Mhson said:

Hey. I'm no expert but from what I have seen most most people get their visa looked at in first 3 months or so and if it's decision ready they make a decision. So lots of people are still getting them granted in reasonable time but if extra info is requested the delay in them getting back to you once you submit this is looonnng. 

And yer if it goes past March 2018 then they will assess it under the new temporary visa.. 

Thanks Mhson. 

4 hours ago, Mhson said:

I dont think there is any sense to it, i know someone in exactly same position as me, both social workers, both sponsored for government positions in victoria, both nominations approved in just a few days, they requested further information from her and me, her vida was approved 5 days later 17 days in total. I am now on day 19

On 9/18/2017 at 11:37, memcc said:

Global visa processing times

75 per cent of applications processed in 5 months
90 per cent of applications processed in 10 months

Last updated 19 September 2017 (for month ending 31 August 2017)

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Hi Memcc,

the above mentioned processing time for the application lodged until 31/08/17, please let me know my understanding is correct.

thanks