457 - Current processing times

tbk

Hey!

I dont know about everyone else but this wait is driving us crazy. Nomination and 457 submitted 8th May, employer was asked for more info on 30th May which was promptly submitted and we have heard nothing since. It's now been almost 3 months since the request!

Does anyone have a similar timescale?

• Like 1

Hey!
I dont know about everyone else but this wait is driving us crazy. Nomination and 457 submitted 8th May, employer was asked for more info on 30th May which was promptly submitted and we have heard nothing since. It's now been almost 3 months since the request!

Does anyone have a similar timescale?

Hey Mhson,

Our timelines are pretty much the same. Nomination application ~9th May, more information requested end of May and submitted back 2 weeks after.

The 457 visa application has just stuck at “Received” since it was submitted.

Hope there isn’t too much more of a wait...!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mhson said:

Memcc that is very similar! It's good to know we are not the only ones. Fingers crossed its not much longer, it seems impossible to tell. What occupation are you applying under?

Yeah definitely - I'm from the UK and heading out as a Software Engineer.  How about yourself?

3 hours ago, memcc said:

Yeah definitely - I'm from the UK and heading out as a Software Engineer.  How about yourself?

My nomination was submitted on 18th August and approved on 24th August. Visa application lodged on 29th August, further information requested on 04 september and submitted same day. Assessment now in progress, now the wait ?

12 hours ago, memcc said:

My husband is an electronic equipment tradesman, we are from the UK too heading to Perth hopefully! I'll let you know if we hear anything 

Hi every one ,

Looking to this topic for long time now , and I'm so upset some people submitted their visa after my partner and myself and got their visa granted before us! How come ? I start asking if we did something wrong :(

we submitted the application on 30th of June 2017 and the statue is still "received" it's really hard to wait and try to work and live our life normally while waiting to get this visa .. 

good of luck every one ! 

• Like 1

Guys, speak to your sponsors and get them to make a business case and get you on the priority list. It will go quick (er), once you are on the list. I waited 8 weeks, got on to the priority list, got my visa 48 hours later. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason about the delay in processing.

Good Luck and keep fighting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't 

6 minutes ago, Werneroeder said:

Guys, speak to your sponsors and get them to make a business case and get you on the priority list. It will go quick (er), once you are on the list. I waited 8 weeks, got on to the priority list, got my visa 48 hours later. I don't think there is any rhyme or reason about the delay in processing.

Didn't know we could do that ! Any one can do it ? 

IM going to check in the internet now ! 

Thank you very much  

On 06/09/2017 at 12:30, memcc said:

Hey Mhson,

Our timelines are pretty much the same. Nomination application ~9th May, more information requested end of May and submitted back 2 weeks after.

The 457 visa application has just stuck at “Received” since it was submitted.

Hope there isn’t too much more of a wait...!

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

So is your application still showing as 'received' even after submitting additional information? Mine was at received, they requested one document that i submitted same day and it now shows 'assessment in progress' 

3 hours ago, Mhson said:

We have been thinking of doing this because our situation is actually becoming quite urgent, how long did it take them to get back to you to say you had been approved for priority processing?

To give you my example: sponsor put case forward on 28th August, 31st August went onto the priority list, and the 1st September the visa was granted. I think that is very quick and it might vary with applicants and or sponsors.

12 minutes ago, Werneroeder said:

To give you my example: sponsor put case forward on 28th August, 31st August went onto the priority list, and the 1st September the visa was granted. I think that is very quick and it might vary with applicants and or sponsors.

That is really good congrats. What occupation are you?

42 minutes ago, Cheryl and Wayne said:

So is your application still showing as 'received' even after submitting additional information? Mine was at received, they requested one document that i submitted same day and it now shows 'assessment in progress' 

I assume this is because it is the employer who was asked for extra info for the nomination so the actual 457 visa still hasn't been looked at and so is still showing recieved. This is the case for us 

• Like 1

Yep

My sponsor did this very thing and I got my visa in less than a week

Don't fly out until the 1st November though
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

Yep

My sponsor did this very thing and I got my visa in less than a week

Don't fly out until the 1st November though

I'd suggest employers don't use the priority processing request if you aren't going to arrive for another 2 months.  DIBP could have spent this time reviewing and processing other applications that were ahead of you in the queue.

• Like 1

My prospective employer has also successfully applied to have my nomination placed in the priority queue. It was approved 9 days ago. Really hoping it comes through any day now...! It's been such a long process up to this point. How long have others waited once in the priority queue?

2 hours ago, lhrtobne said:

My prospective employer has also successfully applied to have my nomination placed in the priority queue. It was approved 9 days ago. Really hoping it comes through any day now...! It's been such a long process up to this point. How long have others waited once in the priority queue?

I'm in the same boat - been on the priority queue for ~1week now.  I rang them up earlier as there had been no movement, and they said things were progressing with the application.  Apparently the case officer is waiting on security checks coming back.  

My ImmiAccount only shows Application Received as the status, so it's interesting that there is actually stuff going on behind the scenes.

14 minutes ago, memcc said:

I'm in the same boat - been on the priority queue for ~1week now.  I rang them up earlier as there had been no movement, and they said things were progressing with the application.  Apparently the case officer is waiting on security checks coming back.  

My ImmiAccount only shows Application Received as the status, so it's interesting that there is actually stuff going on behind the scenes.

I wonder what security checks they do? Mine is showing assessment in progress, how long does it take normally when it gets to assessment in progress stage?