457 - Current processing times

tbk

Mine is a 457 renewal but effectively you have to go through the whole process again.

We were a newly established foreign company so last time our visas were only granted for 18 months which is annoying because if they had been given normal status, I wouldn't be affected by the new changes.

Last time:

Company sponsorship: 2 days

Nomination: Same day

457: 7 months 

This time:

Company sponsorship renewal:

- Submitted January 2017 (5 months before expiry)

- question asked to reconfirmed meeting training requirement May 2017

- Granted valid for 5 years 11th Aug 2017

Nomination and 457 renewal submitted same time as above (January 2017): Still waiting and status as 'received' 

Reading here and on some other forums though, it seems to me that they are focusing more on the sponsorship and nominations to make sure they're valid then granting the actual visas fairly quickly. Hoping it will be sorted soon though. My current visa expires in October and have a bridging visa issued to cover from then.

Im on the 4 year list, UK so low risk but I'm 47 so can no longer consider the PR transition later.

Also currently have a PR DE visa application in, applied before the age limit changes.

On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 09:28, imthedave said:

Mine is a 457 renewal but effectively you have to go through the whole process again.

We were a newly established foreign company so last time our visas were only granted for 18 months which is annoying because if they had been given normal status, I wouldn't be affected by the new changes.

Last time:

Company sponsorship: 2 days

Nomination: Same day

457: 7 months 

This time:

Company sponsorship renewal:

- Submitted January 2017 (5 months before expiry)

- question asked to reconfirmed meeting training requirement May 2017

- Granted valid for 5 years 11th Aug 2017

Nomination and 457 renewal submitted same time as above (January 2017): Still waiting and status as 'received' 

Reading here and on some other forums though, it seems to me that they are focusing more on the sponsorship and nominations to make sure they're valid then granting the actual visas fairly quickly. Hoping it will be sorted soon though. My current visa expires in October and have a bridging visa issued to cover from then.

Im on the 4 year list, UK so low risk but I'm 47 so can no longer consider the PR transition later.

Also currently have a PR DE visa application in, applied before the age limit changes.

My 457 has just been renewed/granted BUT it is only valid for 2 years.

I don't really understand this as my occupation is on the 4 year list. At least there is a part relief now but I'm getting my MA to check

Update : Visa granted!!!
Looking at my application, the visa was actually applied in Feb 2016, but extra documents needed lengthened the visa time considerably. Regardless, I'm pleased that the visa was approved. Best of luck to everyone !

Brilliant news! Congrats [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

i never received mine. just applied for withdrawl

nomination 12 oct 2016

visa 14 oct 2016

further documents + med requested 01 dec 2016

after that never heard anything about that.

applied for withdrawl 2 months ago but nothing. 

natural justice s57 received 25th august...dont know how long it will take for withdrawl. occupation was sales and marketing manager in syd.

now applying for 187 cook

RCB lodged last week

Hi all, 
Recently just had my 457 granted. Below is my timeline:

Nomination and application lodged together - 28th July
Nomination Approved - 3rd Aug
Visa Granted - 25th Aug

Exactly 4 weeks in total. Very quick.

Mine was less than a week but it was very straightforward

Funny how some can be very quick and others take months

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 15:53, imthedave said:

My 457 has just been renewed/granted BUT it is only valid for 2 years.

I don't really understand this as my occupation is on the 4 year list. At least there is a part relief now but I'm getting my MA to check

My 457 has been corrected and now valid for 4 years ;-)