457 - Current processing times

tbk

Thank you Dorin05

and my timeline is mentioned below..

Nomination applied 11th of September. Further information had requested but not sure which date.. MA didn't told us. And nomination approved on 29th of November..

e457 visa applied on 15th of December..

eventually.. visa application went through starightaway from received to finalised..

nomination -11th September 2016

nomination approved- 29th November 2016

visa applied - 15th December..

granted yesterday - 11th of February 2017...

application was straightaway from received to finalised..

Thanks San4u..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me join the conversation as I am also waiting for the visa. Applied offshore from a low risk country with Migration Agent. Both English test and medical check have already been done before application starts.

application lodged on 18 Jan

nomination granted on 8 Feb

No updates since then.

3 dependents, internal and external checks all done in December. After that didn't hear any thing from Immigration.

Hi dorin

it very hard right now as my sponsor already 4 year old business and they had a manager before as sponsor . Still they asked position geniuness documents from us for that position

Hi dorin

it very hard right now as my sponsor already 4 year old business and they had a manager before as sponsor . Still they asked position geniuness documents from us for that position

Does anyone know how long does it take to get the actual 457 visa after the nomination is approved? An immigration agent told me that it is usually very quick once the nomination stage is passed. Any approximately timeline please?

Usually it comes with nomination. As in our restaurant everyone got like that

Unfortunately, for me, it doesn. My nomination was approved on 8th Feb but no news since then.

I am in professional field in a big firm. When was it when you get your approval along with the nomination at your restaurant?

Hi dorin

They also ask me for genuine position report. We submitted on 6th of November. After that no reply from immigration.

Hi all,

My current 485 visa will expire in May. I have been working for a company (a big construction franchise) since 25th August 2015 and they have decided to offer me a 457 (for the role Analyst Programmer), but they have never sponsored before.

They have lodged the SPONSOR application by themselves on 21st Dec. The immigration requested for more information on 17th Feb and they have uploaded the documents on 23rd Feb.

I would like to ask a couple questions:

*1) How long will it take for a response regarding RFI?*

From the auto reply it mentioned 28 working days, is there any situation where it can be longer?

*2) How can we expedite the process? Eg; apply for priority processing?*

We are currently shorthanded on staff (Initially team of 4, but now only 2 person in the IT department including me, both managers had resigned).

We would like to give reasons as follow: The responsibility of the position is to analyse the business and providing critical information that helps to access the company's situation and ways to improve the company revenue in managerial perspective.

We have also advertised the position and conducted interviews but there is no suitable candidates.

*3) Do i need to do skills assessment again?*

I have done skill assessment in August 2016, however that was for developer programmer, and I have recently been promoted to an analyst programmer role.

Does the job title have to be the same as the the code in skill assessment? When I did the skill assessment in Aug, I was employed as IT Application developer and it turned out fine.

*4) Can we apply for nomination and 457 Visa together?

*As mentioned, my visa will be expiring soon and the company hope that i can continue to stay here instead of going back to my country, wait for the results and fly back.

*5) What other evidence / attachment should the company prepare for the applications other than Job advertisement/interview results?*

The immi website is not very clear about what attachments are required. It is just brief saying to provide evidence for LMT.

Would appreciate if someone can tell me what exactly do we need to upload to make sure we lodge a decision ready application.

Thank you so much.