457 - Current processing times

tbk

Good news! Visa grant on Friday! MA sent grant letter today.

my timeline: nomination applied on end of June,approved 20 of October and apply Visa on same day. Medical check did in next day

Visa grant 18 of December.

no FIR, no background check, use RPL certificate, from HR. Onshore in Adelaide.

Best gift for Xmas!

congrats. Happy for you. Was hoping I'd have news of my friend's application by now (submitted early Oct) but I guess there's a hold up which can't be a good thing :(

congrats. Happy for you. Was hoping I'd have news of my friend's application by now (submitted early Oct) but I guess there's a hold up which can't be a good thing :(

everything will be fine,this is my second time apply for working visa,first time they hold me up near 11 months,thats drive me crazy

everything will be fine,this is my second time apply for working visa,first time they hold me up near 11 months,thats drive me crazy
this is the second time for him too. After waiting basically a year it was rejected because they couldn't get hold of one of his references.

this is the second time for him too. After waiting basically a year it was rejected because they couldn't get hold of one of his references.

the first time they ask me twice same thing FIR—working experience and suspect my certificate. good luck bro and your brother

They have been asking same thing on RFI , Did you get visa later ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes,after first FIR,I waiting near 4 months,and they give me totally same Questions again,and MA use same answers upload. waiting other 3 months they give me the visa……

yes,after first FIR,I waiting near 4 months,and they give me totally same Questions again,and MA use same answers upload. waiting other 3 months they give me the visa……

They have asked me the same thing as well and it's been more than 2 months after RFI and haven't heard anything . Got no idea what's going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys i wana ask one question need help. . I applied my 457 sponser visa in May. . I applied all 3 application together, SBS , NOMINATION, VISA. . in june immigration approve SBS. Then assigned case officer for nomination, he requested Futher documents, we provide within 28 day, after 1 month they refuse my nomination, i applied again nomination, now my visa officer assigned again requested for futher documents, again we submit its been more than 1 month now waiting for nomination, i wana kno does it happen with any other people first nomination reject in second time they approve, how long it ll take now. . I m from High Risk country. .

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hello guys i wana ask one question need help. . I applied my 457 sponser visa in May. . I applied all 3 application together, SBS , NOMINATION, VISA. . in june immigration approve SBS. Then assigned case officer for nomination, he requested Futher documents, we provide within 28 day, after 1 month they refuse my nomination, i applied again nomination, now my visa officer assigned again requested for futher documents, again we submit its been more than 1 month now waiting for nomination, i wana kno does it happen with any other people first nomination reject in second time they approve, how long it ll take now. . I m from High Risk country. .

We are in same boat. They request for more document regarding the nomination and we submite within 28 days. Month later they again request document. Now my MA is trying to submite new sponser. Do anyone know is it posible to change the sponser?

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Hi there,

I applied for a postdoc position (temporary skilled work visa, 457) on 1st August and my notification of approval of a nomination was submitted a month later. So, I’m on hold for about 140 days! Meantime, I sent 3 emails to 457@border.gov.au, but they told me my application is undergoing mandatory internal checks.

I’m somehow concerned about it. This long processing time is normal?

With many thanks

Hi there,

I applied for a postdoc position (temporary skilled work visa, 457) on 1st August and my notification of approval of a nomination was submitted a month later. So, I’m on hold for about 140 days! Meantime, I sent 3 emails to 457@border.gov.au, but they told me my application is undergoing mandatory internal checks.

I’m somehow concerned about it. This long processing time is normal?

With many thanks

Are you currently employed here in Aus by the same company who is sponsoring you? Are you on a bridging visa?

Are you currently employed here in Aus by the same company who is sponsoring you? Are you on a bridging visa?

No. I'm out of Australia. I'm from Iran. I did my PhD in the UNited State and am going to do my postdoctoral in Australia. My sponsor is University of New South Wales.

Long time lurker, but created an account today as I wanted to share my good news with someone. I think I may have broken the record... I lodged my 457 application on 21/12/16, uploaded my evidence on 22/12/16 (because the immi webpage wasn't working for me on the 21st), and got my visa granted on 22/12/16!! To be fair, I am from and am living in low-risk countries, and I got a job offer that starts on 16/1/17. And I've got no dependents. I would like to think is still possible that they are still processing today applications today, so good luck and happy holidays!

Long time lurker, but created an account today as I wanted to share my good news with someone. I think I may have broken the record... I lodged my 457 application on 21/12/16, uploaded my evidence on 22/12/16 (because the immi webpage wasn't working for me on the 21st), and got my visa granted on 22/12/16!! To be fair, I am from and am living in low-risk countries, and I got a job offer that starts on 16/1/17. And I've got no dependents. I would like to think is still possible that they are still processing today applications today, so good luck and happy holidays!

Wow... Nice one mate