457 - Current processing times

tbk

I don't know why my nomination hasn't approved yet. Is it something wrong? I heard that it is really strict to apply 457 now.

My agent lodged the nomination on Aug, but somehow the immigration agent couldn't see the attachment, so they asked my agent to reapplied again.

So my agent lodge on 10 Nov. but now it is still pending, there are no information and updated from my agent!

I m so worried, if the nomination doesn't approved, what can I do?

I have been waiting for five months already!!!!!! So panic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why my nomination hasn't approved yet. Is it something wrong? I heard that it is really strict to apply 457 now.

My agent lodged the nomination on Aug, but somehow the immigration agent couldn't see the attachment, so they asked my agent to reapplied again.

So my agent lodge on 10 Nov. but now it is still pending, there are no information and updated from my agent!

At a guess I'd say your application went to the back of the queue when it was resubmitted. Given they seem to be processing 7 weeks behind I'd say you have a couple more weeks to wait yet. Good luck.

Hi Venuspooo,

Immigration takes 28 to 40 working days to allocate the Case Officer. Your agent lodge on 10th Nov, your case officer will be allocate in end of Dec or early Jan17.

My brother in law waiting for his visa application from April.

I'm not even sure that they're taking 7 weeks to allocate.... mine was lodged on 13th October (nearly 8 weeks ago) and i still havent heard anything...

How do you know if your nomination has been accepted? My immi account now shows my employers name under the list of my family members who im ypporting on my 457. Does this mean the nomination has been accepted??

After my MA did follow up in immigration on my application

Immigration sent such email .

Thank you for your email enquiry. Please be advised that the application is still under review at this time. As processing times can vary from case to case, I am unable to advise of a timeframe. However, the department is endeavouring to process the application as soon as possible.

If you require priority processing of this application, you will need to formally request this and provide a business case to support your request. However, I can see that new documents have been attached, and as such, we are working to assess such cases as soon as possible.

I hope this information was helpful for you.

Super fast, Lodged on the 30th of November en received our grant today!!!!! We didn't have to undergo health checks nor police clearance. The application went through a MA in Sydney and we are dutchies living in Germany. Super happy and surprised how fast it went. I wish you all the best and a merry Christmas.

Super fast, Lodged on the 30th of November en received our grant today!!!!! We didn't have to undergo health checks nor police clearance. The application went through a MA in Sydney and we are dutchies living in Germany. Super happy and surprised how fast it went. I wish you all the best and a merry Christmas.
congrats! Did you apply for priority? On what grounds?

Hi Venuspooo,

Immigration takes 28 to 40 working days to allocate the Case Officer. Your agent lodge on 10th Nov, your case officer will be allocate in end of Dec or early Jan17.

My brother in law waiting for his visa application from April.

Your brother in law, is he applied offshore?

Mine is applied onshore and low risk country.

Well, it's Friday and the email auto response still hasn't been updated, don't know if that means they've fallen a week further behind in processing new applications or if someone just forgot to update it. Anyone who submitted 7 weeks ago heard anything this week?

Decision ready 457 lodged 13th October

Low risk country with wife and 2 kids.

RFI to employer for nomination on 6th December (replied same day, oversight on DIBP's part).

Nomination and visa granted 9th December.

I applied off sure but entered Australia on an e651 tourist visa mid November while awaiting 457 decision.

Working in Perth.

Good luck to everyone.

Hello guys! Can I ask what is the chances of getting visa after nomination approval?

and how long they can take to grant visa?

I got refused after nomination cleared based on no clear experience.

Applied as jeweller and gold smith 10 years experience from family business which DIBP doesn't recognise.

Applied as jeweller and gold smith 10 years experience from family business which DIBP doesn't recognise.

Hi Leonard can u please share what actually happened. When did u had experience check call? What exactly they asked?

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixing quote

Hi Leonard can u please share what actually happened. When did u had experience check call? What exactly they asked?

No they didn't mention anything except family business can't be verified and no weighted in the experience letter

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

No they didn't mention anything except family business can't be verified and no weighted in the experience letter

When did your nomination approved? And when they made decision?

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote