457 - Current processing times

tbk

I feel you.

I've lodged my visa application on 27th June, no news yet.

Recently there seems to be a trend of a 5 months wait with visas lodged around 16th June. I am hoping that is the case for mine as well- hopefully I get my visa granted as it reaches the 5 months mark.

I feel you.

I've lodged my visa application on 27th June, no news yet.

Recently there seems to be a trend of a 5 months wait with visas lodged around 16th June. I am hoping that is the case for mine as well- hopefully I get my visa granted as it reaches the 5 months mark.

Hi mate, did you apply using an MA? Have you heard nothing since your application went in in June?

OMG............

We have had our visa granted this morning!!!!!!!!! SPS, Nomination and Visa Application all put in August 19th for me, my wife and daughter. Case officer requested more information for SPS last Monday. MA emailed them back to say they already had the info they were requesting!! Then nothing until today!!!!!

Sydney here we come!!!!

Good luck everyone and keep the faith!!!

OMG............

We have had our visa granted this morning!!!!!!!!! SPS, Nomination and Visa Application all put in August 19th for me, my wife and daughter. Case officer requested more information for SPS last Monday. MA emailed them back to say they already had the info they were requesting!! Then nothing until today!!!!!

Sydney here we come!!!!

Good luck everyone and keep the faith!!!

congrats

Hi mate, did you apply using an MA? Have you heard nothing since your application went in in June?

Yes I applied using an MA. Sponsorship and nomination was done on 17 April, further info requested 10 June, sponsorship and nomination was then approved 26 August.

Visa lodged 27 June, no news from them, unless you count that email they sent after my MA sent countless emails to them asking them to hurry up. Guy from immigration office replied last week saying my MA's email has been referred to him for a response. He stated in the email that he had already sent the application to the relevant department in their national office, and that it can take 7 to 8 weeks or more for processing. Thing is, I don't know if it was 7-8 weeks from last week, or 7-8 weeks from when he sent the application to the relevant department. It almost seemed like he had already transferred my application to the relevant department earlier but then he was told to reply to my MA's email after that because my MA kept sending emails (because we didn't get any replies).

Does anyone else get annoyed by the fact that it's a Friday again tomorrow? UGH.

Can anyone advise me on times and next steps etc...

PwC are handling my 457 through my employer. I have submitted all requested docs to them. My other half is also going on my application.

It was submitted last week- I've heard a wide variation of times. Going to NSW.

Also, will they definitely request medicals etc? I've heard some don't get asked for it at all! Coming from UK and the only thing I had to do was prove we had private healthcare to cover us on arrival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Never posted here before but have been following the thread and have found it really helpful in estimating timelines etc. Had my visa approved today after what seemed like a lifetime waiting.

Nomination and visa applied for on 31st July

RFI was requested, unsure of exact date, roughly around mid September, was sent over within a few days

Literally heard nothing until the nomination was approved on 20th November

Visa approved 25th November

Applied onshore, LR country

Just thought I would share my timeline as I see a few of you have been waiting a while and hopefully this will give you some hope. If I had any tips it would be to make sure all documents are uploaded at the earliest possible point. Upload literally anything you may think may be of use, no matter how insignificant you think it may be. Be nice and polite when communicating with immigration, they have a heck of a job to do so I'm sure they appreciate it when they receive nicely worded emails! Finally, stay positive, no matter how stressful waiting can get, try to keep a positive mind as stressing out and over thinking things is the worse thing you can do! Good luck to you all!

It's been a 30 days after RFI and still no response really frustrating [emoji37][emoji37][emoji37][emoji37]at least they gotta give the response,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi did you send priority request to department? Or what they response?

Hi all,

Never posted here before but have been following the thread and have found it really helpful in estimating timelines etc. Had my visa approved today after what seemed like a lifetime waiting.

Nomination and visa applied for on 31st July

RFI was requested, unsure of exact date, roughly around mid September, was sent over within a few days

Literally heard nothing until the nomination was approved on 20th November

Visa approved 25th November

Applied onshore, LR country

Just thought I would share my timeline as I see a few of you have been waiting a while and hopefully this will give you some hope. If I had any tips it would be to make sure all documents are uploaded at the earliest possible point. Upload literally anything you may think may be of use, no matter how insignificant you think it may be. Be nice and polite when communicating with immigration, they have a heck of a job to do so I'm sure they appreciate it when they receive nicely worded emails! Finally, stay positive, no matter how stressful waiting can get, try to keep a positive mind as stressing out and over thinking things is the worse thing you can do! Good luck to you all!

Congrats!

Thanks for sharing.

Yeah I agree about the positivity. Does not help being negative about things outside our control, so I'm trying to practise that, albeit difficult sometimes haha.

Sending positive vibes to all.