Guest Tam-and-Andi

Wii Fit

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi everyone, This is totally nothing to do with emigrating, but had to share with everyone, hope you don't mind. Has anyone else got this new wii fit that came out today, we had ours delivered today, and how hilarious is this thing. We all had a go, including the girls, we all looked totally stupid doing the hula hooping, but what fun, we all in fits of laughter, watching how everyone moves, and facial expressions, we also went jogging round the park, and have done the ski slopes, and ski jumps (totally shattered), there is loads of things to do, and hopefully will keep us fit whilst having family time together!!

Speak soon.

Andi.:spinny:

Guest leanneandmark

Cool I want one too!!!!!!

It's not released in Melbourne until 8th May. We just had Mario Kart released with the steering wheel attachment though - apparently that's great fun too!

I'm waiting for the wii fit tho - it does sound great fun!

Felicity:cute:

Felicity + Michael - We're 'Pozzies' - Happy and Lovin' it!

Melbourne since September 07

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi, it really is good fun, hope you both get one if you really want one, have just finished playing on it, did some step aerobics, and had a go at yoga which was really hard, I not very good a balancing it seems.

Take care, and thanks for responding.

Andi.

Guest Mrs C

Hiya

I want one too, but hubbie said to wait till we get to Hong Kong as should be cheaper! So I gotta wait till September......lol

Still it'll keep me in shape for my Bikini in Oz!

April

Guest One-And-Only

We're planning on getting one once we get back to Australia.

I can't wait.

It looks like so much fun!

Guest Sian.612

Hi,

The Wii Fit looks so much fun...

Around how much is it all?

Sian x

:wubclub:

Guest roantreemj

We got the wii fit................and really funny watching Martin on the hula hoop.......his technique is hilarious. The worrying part is we have the game in the front room right beside the window so on full view to passers by - what must people think. Maybe that's the reason for lack of house viewings - they think its a nut house! OMG I think I've hit on something there -

The ski jump is a gud un too - Eddie the Eagle springs to mind!!!!! Well worth the buy!

Only thing keeping our mind off the Aus dream at the moment.:jiggy:

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi everyone, for those waiting for one, its worth the wait, it really is a good laugh!!

For those who have one, isn't it great fun???? We had people standing outside last night, they must have heard us all laughing and egging the girls on to do well, luckily the blinds were closed.

Sian, it depends if you have the wii already or not. If you don't have the wii, that comes in at around £179, depending where you buy it from, we got ours from Game, they give you a reward card, so every purchase you make, converts into pounds off in the future for games etc, when you get the basic package it comes with wii sports, which has different games on, like bowling, tennis, baseball, golf and boxing (fun too), but you can get extra packages which cost a bit more, with the option to have a few more games come with it.

Once you have the wii console, you can get the wii fit for around £69.99, thats what paid for mine from game, but you collect the points at the same time, and you can have the luxury of future purchases on line as the stuff is the same price, but you get free delivery which is a bonus.

Hope this helps answer your question, and yes it is worth it, its one of the cheaper game consoles to buy, but your not just sitting on your backside all the time, your jumping about and having a really good laugh:biglaugh:!!!

Take care everyone, and have fun!!!

Andi.

Guest Sian.612

Hi Andi.

I've got the Wii console. So, is it just &69.99?

Thanks for your help.

Sian x

:wubclub:

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi Sian, yes it should be £69.99 depending where you buy it from, but that is what I paid from Game, you will get the disc obviously with the game on it, and the wii balancing board is included in the box (that why bit more expensive than normal games), so yes if you just look where you wish to buy it, its all in the box for that one price, you don't need anything else to make it work.

Take care

Andi.

Guest Sian.612

Ok, Thanks Andi!

Thats Really Helpful x

Sian x

Guest Tam-and-Andi

No problems Sian, glad I could help! Anytime!!

Have fun if and when you get one.

Take Care

Andi.

Guest Sian.612

Thanks again..

I shall look now, and hopefully will be able to buy one

=] Sian x

We got one too haven't laughed so much in ages apparently my wii fit age is 46 i'm only 29 so need more exercise i think.

LIVING IN PERTH SINCE JUNE 2009

Guest Karen K

Its really good, my little girl is on it all the time which is great for me because i carn't get on it !!!!!!! Any way just wanted to say do try and buy the rubber cover that goes over the balance board, its 9.99 in Game and well worth it, keeps you from slipping off, HAVE FUN XX

Guest TheHollies

Saw them in Asda yesterday, they are brilliant. £65 there, so they are abit cheaper than everywhere else! Get fit ready for those medicals! :wacko:

Kirsty, Ian, Emily & Matthew :wubclub:

Guest Les & Woz
Hi everyone, This is totally nothing to do with emigrating, but had to share with everyone, hope you don't mind. Has anyone else got this new wii fit that came out today, we had ours delivered today, and how hilarious is this thing. We all had a go, including the girls, we all looked totally stupid doing the hula hooping, but what fun, we all in fits of laughter, watching how everyone moves, and facial expressions, we also went jogging round the park, and have done the ski slopes, and ski jumps (totally shattered), there is loads of things to do, and hopefully will keep us fit whilst having family time together!!

Speak soon.

Andi.:spinny:

Hi Andi

My daughter is after one of these, we haven't got it yet. Do you actually get fit doing it do you think?

Les

Guest Karen K
Hi Andi

My daughter is after one of these, we haven't got it yet. Do you actually get fit doing it do you think?

Les

YES it does, it gets harder and you sweat like hell. We have had some laughs as well and its brought the family together which makes a nice change:yes:. Its a must xx

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi everyone, glad the people that have one are having as much fun as my family on it!!!!

Hi Les, I will still keep using the gym as well as using this, as I feel I can work harder at the gym, but yes it does burn calories, so will help towards people's fitness levels, and the more you do, and better you get, it unlocks more exercises for you, e.g I used it today and once I had mastered the step aerobics one, it gave me a faster more complecated class to do, also you are toning up your body with stretching exercises. I did a tummy one on Friday, and could hardly move on Saturday. So I suppose it depends what you want to get out of it. But overall, its good fun, and great fun to do with others, and yes I agree with Karen, its good family time.

Hope this helps with your question.

Thanks.

Andi.:smile:

Just a quick, probably stupid question - if you buy the Wii in the UK will it work on the Oz TVs as they are different formats?

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi, sorry can not answer that one for you!! but I don't see why not!!

Sorry.

Andi.

Guest Karen K
Hi, sorry can not answer that one for you!! but I don't see why not!!

Sorry.

Andi.

Hubby said if we take one of our flat screen TV's it will work fine on that. Also PAL does work in some areas in OZ but the signal apprently is not great, therefore not a good picture. I could have it all wrong, but i think its about right.

For thoses using the WII fit my age is 80 years old and i'm 45 in a few days soooooooooooo i need to get my act together, at least its fun this way. My kids and hubby are having a good laugh at my expence:biglaugh: xx

Guest Sarah & Damo

We've got one too and love it!!! God the hula hoop knackers you out!!! Guitar Hero III is good too. OH has just ordered the mario kart and steering wheels too! Think we;ve gone wii crazy. Will need another container for it all!!!! :biglaugh: