Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


Taxation in Australia

Recommended Posts

Hey guys



I have just landed and currently work in Australia on a 457 visa, I need to discuss my tax liability in Australia in regards to an online business income that I have based in the UK and I want to go through the procedure of taxing this income in Australia. Are there tax accounting companies that specialise in this overseas specific, I don't need names just a helpful yes and then I can endeavour to to track them down. I was reading the 8107 work restriction and as it is strongly worded I don't want to fall foul of this if I am generating online income and wanting to tax it in Australia, despite the hot weather my blood ran cold when I saw this work restriction.

Kind regards

Duncan Idaho

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum.


To answer your specific question, there are many such companies and you should be able to find them without too much trouble.


I know you haven't asked for names, but @Alan Collett from Go Matilda is a highly respected RMA and Aust/UK tax expert so he should be able to advise you on both the tax and visa implications. Looking at it from just the tax angle could be a mistake.

Edited by Ozmaniac

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now