When Am I Eligible To Migrating To Australia

jieqin

Hi guys,

I'm from Singapore, I am 22 this year. I am currently serving the army, planning to study in a local university - SIT, Digipen to acquire a Bachelor In Computer Science and Game Design. I am due to complete my Bachelor in 2020.

I've went through the Visa list and found that in order to migrate to Australia - I would like to stay in Melbourne, I can only apply the Subclass 189 (Correct me if i'm wrong). I've been through the Skilled Occupations List and found that Software Engineer is within the list.

But just when I'm excited that I'm eligible to apply in the future, I did the points test. I believe i'm only able to acquire 55 points out of the required 60.

1. Age - 25-32 (inclusive) : 30 Points

2. English Language Ability - Proficient English - person has a score of 7 or more in the English Language Testing System (IELTS) in each of the four test components (This is just assumption) : 10 Points

3. Education - At least a Bachelor degree, including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters, from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard. (My local Bachelor should be recognised) : 15 Points

And... That's about it? I am unable to attain the 60 points. The only way I see is that i work at least 3 years in Singapore to attain an additional 5 points. By then, I would be 30 years old. Is that recommended?

Also, I intend to migrate together with my girlfriend, who is currently in her first year, studying in a similar Bachelor - Bachelor in Computer Science and Real-time Interactive Simulation from SIT, Digipen. If this information is relevant?

Any kind souls around to point me in the right direction?

Edited by noworriesmate
removed link as per forum rules

Whilst it is good to have plans there are many problems with predicting your ability to immigrate that far into the future. Chances are that no profession currently on the migration list will be there by 2020, some visas might disappear completely. There might be a complete overhaul, as there are a couple of federal elections between now and then, major changes can be expected. Anything related to computers and IT is not likely to be on the immigration list for much longer due to the glut in the market and most computer roles being moved off shore.

Hi guys,

I'm from Singapore, I am 22 this year. I am currently serving the army, planning to study in a local university - SIT, Digipen to acquire a Bachelor In Computer Science and Game Design. I am due to complete my Bachelor in 2020.

I've went through the Visa list and found that in order to migrate to Australia - I would like to stay in Melbourne, I can only apply the Subclass 189 (Correct me if i'm wrong). I've been through the Skilled Occupations List and found that Software Engineer is within the list.

But just when I'm excited that I'm eligible to apply in the future, I did the points test. I believe i'm only able to acquire 55 points out of the required 60.

1. Age - 25-32 (inclusive) : 30 Points

2. English Language Ability - Proficient English - person has a score of 7 or more in the English Language Testing System (IELTS) in each of the four test components (This is just assumption) : 10 Points

3. Education - At least a Bachelor degree, including a Bachelor degree with Honours or Masters, from an Australian educational institution or other degree of a recognised standard. (My local Bachelor should be recognised) : 15 Points

And... That's about it? I am unable to attain the 60 points. The only way I see is that i work at least 3 years in Singapore to attain an additional 5 points. By then, I would be 30 years old. Is that recommended?

Also, I intend to migrate together with my girlfriend, who is currently in her first year, studying in a similar Bachelor - Bachelor in Computer Science and Real-time Interactive Simulation from SIT, Digipen. If this information is relevant?

Any kind souls around to point me in the right direction?

Hi jieqin,

You can try 190 visa which is state sponsored visa which will give you the extra 5 points. However, you must note that visa points system changes along the years. It used to be on 125 points and ielts become a requirements. Recent developments has widen the English test choices. Like what was mentioned by the other members and verystormy, it will change. Remember its better for you to experience Australia to know where you like before you think of migrating.

Cleared EOI and invite on 19/8/14 CO allocated & request for medical & pcc. Medical done on 7 Nov and all PCC done by 17 Nov14.