Guest MelbourneBen

Melbourne resident, hello!

Guest MelbourneBen

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hi, my names Ben, my girlfriend and I have lived in Brighton East (Melbourne) since August`07.

Ive started a thread on the victoria section offering any advise on Melbourne in General, so if you need any just ket me know and ill do my best to help.

All the best.

Ben

Guest Ian&Lou

Hi Ben

Welcome to Poms. I'm sure you will get plenty of people taking you up on your offer!

Lou

Guest jogrant3232

Hi Guys and welcome to PIO

Hi Ben

My Mum and Sister both live in Brighton, they love it. I think its a bit pricey for us we are thinking of maybe mornington or Berwick... Do you know what they are like?

suz

TRA passed 16/07/09 IELTS Passed overall band score 8.5, 176 visa application submitted 23/12/09, CO team 4 13/09/11. PCC's rec'd 21/10/11 Meds 25/10/2011 4 out of 5 meds finalised 04/11/11, Sophie's referred,All meds finalised 07/11/11 Visa Grant 07/11/11

hey ben

me and my boyfriend were thinking about living in the st kilda area do u no wat its like are there gd local shops and transport, also do u have any idea wat the house prices are like in that area????

any info on st kilda would b great.

Hi,

Just wanted to welcome you to PIO! Hope you are enjoying your new life Down Under!

Nikci

176 (family) visa lodged - 7/3/08 CO assigned - 18 Nov 08 VISA GRANTED - 29 Jan 09... arrived 7 June 09

Guest MelbourneBen

Stkilda is a beach suberb near the city, very busy in terms of nightlife and always seems to have plenty going on. Lots of backpackers live there. Not sure if id want to live there as its very busy but it depends what you want I guess. A good choice would be elwood which is pretty much walking distance to St kilda. In my opinion its nice and you'd probably get a better property for your money.

Fogot to mention St kilda and the surrounds have average rent prices for the east coast suberbs. Transport links on this side of town are good with train and tram.

suandianbrown......not sure on Berwick but mornington is nice, was there yesterday. Some lovely beaches and I think the housing is not too expensive. A bit far if you need to commute into the city though.