Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!


AUS spouse needs uk visa but live in AUS

Recommended Posts

Hi, am wondering if anyone can shine a light on my situation. I have tried contacting the UK Gov but have had no real help!


Long story short, I have duel nationality (Uk and AUS) and live now in AUS.


-My partner is Australian (together almost 10 years) and we would love to get him a UK visa/passport to make trips to UK to see my family etc easier.


-We are not married and usually to enable a spousal visa they have to live in that country for a certain amount of time, which obviously we don't do.


Any tips/help/advice would be greatly appreciated!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If your trips to the UK are only for holidays and short visits he can just get a visa on arrival for 6 months at a time.

He cannot work or claim benefits there though.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does he have any UK ancestry? A UK born grandparent is handy because you can easily get an Ancestry visa which will enable him to work. Failing that, any European ancestry which might get him an EU passport which would enable him to live and work in UK. If it's just for the odd holiday then the 6 month stamp at the border is adequate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now