Closing date for July Vetassess

Guest Mel.R

Guest Mel.R

Does anybody know the closing date to get the paper assessment in for July practicals? it's not listed on their website and I can feel the panic setting in!!!:arghh:

Hi Mel

The VETASSESS website says that paper assessments should be submitted at least 8 weeks prior to the practical skills assessment date, so on that reckoning some time in May depending on the actual dates.

I am not sure that an actual date for the july assessments have been set yet - if they have they're not displayed on the VETASSESS Website.

Our Agent asked us to get everthing to her by the end of April, which would give her time to check everything over and get it to VETASSESS. We got it to her last week and she sent the paperwork to them last wednesday.

Has your agent given you any indication when they want it by? What is your occupation that your getting assessed?

Denise

Guest Mel.R

Hi

My o/h is a brickie. Agent has not given us a date, but we are held up as we are still waiting for a reference from one of his contactors. Hopefully he will get it in the next day or to. I am aiming to send off all documents next week, so they reach the agent in oz by Mon 5th May.

I would have thought that Vetassess would have given a few weeks notice of the closing date though rather than put it up in the next few days with only a couple of days to run, so I am hoping closing date will be middle of May.

Sorry - waffled a bit - have had a glass of wine to calm the stress!!

Hi

Yes you'd imagine that VETASSESS will give a few weeks notice before the closing date, so perhaps that suggests the assessments won't be held until late july time?

I check the VETASSESS website every day to see if there is an update - I am sure there will be soon and it might have something to do with assessors being tied up with the assessments here in the UK and South Africa.

Good luck with it all

Denise

Guest AndreanDaz
Hi

My o/h is a brickie. Agent has not given us a date, but we are held up as we are still waiting for a reference from one of his contactors. Hopefully he will get it in the next day or to. I am aiming to send off all documents next week, so they reach the agent in oz by Mon 5th May.

I would have thought that Vetassess would have given a few weeks notice of the closing date though rather than put it up in the next few days with only a couple of days to run, so I am hoping closing date will be middle of May.

Sorry - waffled a bit - have had a glass of wine to calm the stress!!

Hi there,

My oh is a brickie also, we were approved to go onto the practical at the end of March, although we have yet to receive confirmation as to whether we are on the July practical. We were hoping to get onto the April assessment and rushed round to get our paperwork into vetassess by the closing date of 26th Feb for the April assessments. What the vetassess site does not make clear is that the closing date displayed is for actual registration for the practical and not the date paperwork for the 1st stage should be received by vetassess - don't get caught out like we did.

Andrea

Guest Mel.R

Thanks for that, i'll bear it in mind. my agent has advised that we get everything in asap. With the transfer from here to theie office in Southampton, i am aiming to get everything to the agent by 5th May. so fingers crossed we should be in time.

Guest beverley

oh we arnt going to make it then which is a shame, just too much to do and arron works most weekends. plus im sure references take a while to do.

Does anyone know when the next one will be, is it every 3/4 months so around November? How annoying wanted to submit visa in august/sept.

Guest Mel.R

I was just thinking the same, in case our paperwork doesn't make it in time. we were also hoping to submit the visa application around Aug / Sept time. if it is every three months, I suppose it would be October / November. I have got everything crossed that we make it in time!!!

Guest AndreanDaz
Does anybody know the closing date to get the paper assessment in for July practicals? it's not listed on their website and I can feel the panic setting in!!!:arghh:

Hi Mel,

I've just seen on the vetassess website this morning that the next set of assessments in uk are scheduled for 14-25/07/08. I have copied the notes below from the vetassess website stating that applicants must have paid for the practical 6 wks prior to the assessment date, which in turn means all applications for the the first stage should be submitted to vetassess early in May in order for you to have received your results for the 1st stage allowing time for payment for the practical. Hope this helps.

Andrea

Applying for a practical assessment

If you intend to undertake a practical assessment, payment must be received six weeks prior to the beginning of the assessment date. Before you are able to submit payment for the practical assessment you must undertake a competency profile assessment. This can take up to four weeks to process. Prospective applicants are advised to apply early to avoid any disappointment. All placements for a practical assessment are allocated on a ‘first in first served’ basis and VETASSESS cannot guarantee that you will receive your preferred assessment date.

Guest scott hogarth

Hi - I have just looked on vetassess website and it now states that 2 June is the deadline for practical receipt payments. The assessment dates are between 14-25 July. My oh is a brickie and he has got his place for the July assessment in Accrington - quite a drive from Portsmouth!! We haven't yet received final details but think assessment starts at 7.30am and finishes around 6.30pm, nor do we know the date yet! Hope this helps! Have to admit it took us a couple of months to gather all the info required for the paper based assessment - waiting for references etc.:goofy:

Guest Mel.R

I am posting all documents to my agent tomorrow. How long did it take from submitting your application to vetassess until you heard that you had passed?

Guest AndreanDaz
I am posting all documents to my agent tomorrow. How long did it take from submitting your application to vetassess until you heard that you had passed?

Hiya Mel,

Our application was lodged with vetassess on 25/2/08, we received confirmation we'd passed the first stage on 04/04/08 approx. 4 1/2 weeks it took for the result but there was Easter in between.

Andrea

Guest AndreanDaz
Hi - I have just looked on vetassess website and it now states that 2 June is the deadline for practical receipt payments. The assessment dates are between 14-25 July. My oh is a brickie and he has got his place for the July assessment in Accrington - quite a drive from Portsmouth!! We haven't yet received final details but think assessment starts at 7.30am and finishes around 6.30pm, nor do we know the date yet! Hope this helps! Have to admit it took us a couple of months to gather all the info required for the paper based assessment - waiting for references etc.:goofy:

Hi there,

Just read your post, have you actually received confirmation your on the July assessment. We have received confirmation that we passed the first stage, however, we have yet to receive confirmation of the assessment date. I have emailed our agent today who has said that as soon as they open up the bookings they will be in touch.

When did you receive confirmation you had passed the first stage?

Cheers

Andrea

Guest scott hogarth

Hi there - our dates were as follows:

14 February - sent paper based assessment to agent.

10 March - Received acknowledgement from Vetassess for paper based assessment.

4 April - Received skills assessment result and also received practical assessment application form.

6 April - sent application form and payment.

14 April - Received email from tradeassess acknowledging receipt. Payment being taken and they will soon send exact date, times and location.

21 April - Received copy of receipt for practical.

The practical application form had the venue as Accrington and July - but as yet we haven't heard exact date. Will let you know when we do!!

Hope this helps.

Guest Mel.R

Thanks for that. I have just mailed all the documents to Agent. it will be tight, but we could just make the deadline if luck is on our side. So fingers crossed.

Guest AndreanDaz
Hi there - our dates were as follows:

14 February - sent paper based assessment to agent.

10 March - Received acknowledgement from Vetassess for paper based assessment.

4 April - Received skills assessment result and also received practical assessment application form.

6 April - sent application form and payment.

14 April - Received email from tradeassess acknowledging receipt. Payment being taken and they will soon send exact date, times and location.

21 April - Received copy of receipt for practical.

The practical application form had the venue as Accrington and July - but as yet we haven't heard exact date. Will let you know when we do!!

Hope this helps.

Hi there,

I will speak to our agent, we had actually paid all our fees to the agent so payment is being sent to vetassess direct from them, so we have no way of knowing whether they have receipted the payment or not. We actually received confirmation we had passed the first stage at the same time as you, so I cannot see any reason why we would not be on the July assessment. I know the practical application form has been sent back to them, however, the agent has just said that as soon as they open up the bookings vetassess will be in touch with them.

Naturally, if we hear anything before you, will let you know.

Cheers

Andrea

Archived