business opportunity in roundabout training...

Guest adey

sat here in work bored, bored, bored so thinking up business ideas for us PIO's. Reckon we could start a training school in how to drive around a roundabout correctly, as it seems the Aussie's just don't know how to do it properly!!!! My powers of reading people's minds has increased greatly since being here as you have to guess the turn and sometimes they actually indicate but then drive straight at you as they mean the turning after where you are sat waiting!!!!

Frightening things these roundabout things, maybe they are a new invention down here sure seems like sometimes and we live in a town of roundabouts and they are building a big one on our estate so that should be fun every morning lol :mask:

Guest Gingersarah

I was born and grew up in Bunbury and am soon moving back - call me mad but roundabout always made more sense to me back home and they really really don't over here. I am living in Hemel Hempstead - have you ever seen the Magic Roundabout there (7 small roundabouts around one big one)?? Madness, I wont go near it! And don't get me started on the proper use if indicators!! No one out here seems to think they are necessary!! At least in Bunbury a traffic jam consists of 3 cars waiting at an intersection! Ahh, the good old days!

xx

how true about the traffic jams they make me giggle here when they moan about the traffic - think the most cars I've seen at the lights on the way to work is about 10 (and then we sit there going god its busy today...then we think back to Cardif and laugh at ourselves).

We love it here and I bet you can't wait to get back here, we love it and have no intention of going back to the UK, Bunbury is a fab place to live and can't imagine living anywhere else at the moment.

I was born and grew up in Bunbury and am soon moving back - call me mad but roundabout always made more sense to me back home and they really really don't over here. I am living in Hemel Hempstead - have you ever seen the Magic Roundabout there (7 small roundabouts around one big one)?? Madness, I wont go near it! And don't get me started on the proper use if indicators!! No one out here seems to think they are necessary!! At least in Bunbury a traffic jam consists of 3 cars waiting at an intersection! Ahh, the good old days!

xx[/quote

hi

the magic roundabout in hemel is ok , dread to think what would happen if they built one in perth , lol :arghh:

scott

Guest Gingersarah

So glad you have settled in so well. I love Bunbury, it was the best place in the world to grow up. And just a stones throw away from places like Yallingup and Margaret River. I didn't realise just how lucky I was living there until I moved away! When I get back I fully intend to make the most of it, though I might settle in Perth yet, depends on where we find good jobs I guess.

Scott - I have never even driven in Perth before! I thought after here it would be easy, but last time I went back I decided I wasn't so sure anymore! Seemed a bit mad to me. Maybe I should just invest in a bike!

Archived