Stat Declarations and Statements!

Guest welshie

Guest welshie

Hi all

We've just filled out my application for my Spouse Visa (Offshore) and now we're attempting to do our statements of how we met etc...

Should these be all lovey dovey or strictly factual? I know of some people who sent 3 or 4 pages of A4 paper and cant understand for the life of me why theirs was so long!

When sending in evidence like Utility Bills, photos, travel documents, do you write on them why you are sending them in? Like if i sent a photo of us at a wedding for example, should i stick a note on it to state when the occasion was or will they pick that up from the list of events we've attended together in the statement?

Sorry if this is confusing, i think i have confused myself!

Laura and family

Guest welshie
Hi Laura

It is a good idea to do index of documents and a photo list too, 1 or 2 pages of A4 is normaly exceptable & my motherin law done one of my stat decs which was a mix of facts and lovely dovey that she included. have a peek at this booklet its very helpful

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1127.pdf

good luck

gizmo

Hi Gizmo

Thank you for that, had a read through that last week...think im needing glasses!

We only know my husbands parents as Australian citizens so im not sure whether we should ask them both to do a seperate Stat Dec or get his mum to do one, and get my mum to do one from my side of the family? His Dad would only copy his mums i think!

Laura

Guest gemmahey

Hi There we got my partners aussie mum, aussie brother and aussie best mate since primary school to do stat decs, then i got my mum to write a little bit which she got certified and a couple of my friends stating of my relationship with my partner was genuine.

I wrote a cover letter say who i was, what visa i was applying for and a list of what i have provided.

Dont forget (which i did) to gather your partners proof of earnings since in the u.k.

Archived