Can I have a job please?

I wish I could help - what about temp agencies?

I turned up at one with zero office experience, they gave me a data entry accuracy test and I started almost immediately as a Court Clerk.

You never know quite what work they will have and it could be for a day to cover sickness (although that tends to be roles like receptionist or PA) or for several months.

I worked via Manpower in Perth, Kelly is another well-known one.

It's always worth looking at the State Government job site too http://www.jobs.wa.gov.au

And at the council websites for the areas you are interested in.

Good luck!

How about delivering leaflets .

Not much money but would get you out and about, and give you some money over your centerlink to try and save.

Do WA have cash for cans?

Here in SA you always see people collecting the used cans and getting extra money for these.

I save all our cans and bottles, get over $100 on a regular basis which I gave to my kids.This paid for their uni books.

We were at one point paying upfront uni fees for 2 sons .(before we became citizens)

Not a great thing to have to do but would give you money for uni fees soon builds up.

I know these are not a job but could help you get the money for uni fees.

I agree about the temp agencies. Sign up with more than one - and don't just send them a resume, turn up on the doorstep and ask to register. Temp consultants are more likely to employ people they've made a connection with.

You could also try http://www.creativeactivationjunction.com.au - they are a genuine mystery shopping company (watch out, there are a few fake ones out there). I do work for them.

Do you have a computer? Have you thought about selling on eBay? I made a few thousand dollars just selling the junk from around my house (it's amazing what people will buy!), but I know a couple of people who do really well buying collectibles at deceased estate sales and op shops and reselling them on eBay. You could try posting just one or two and see if it works for you.

Have you thought about putting postcards up at the supermarket offering to do whatever your skills are - e.g. dog walking, messages for old folks.

I think trying to get an office job in the areas you have mentioned maybe a struggle as there are many newly arrived Brits in the area and many looking for an office type job that can do much more than you have listed. You may be better trying Bunnings or Masters. There is a new Masters going up in Mandurah not sure when they will be hiring. Also some of the camping fishing or car parts places may like a more mature male to join their workforce. Maybe just rock up there and ask. Coles at Singleton were advertising and Gull in Lakelands are always after.Nightshift attendants perfect for someone in your position.

Edited by Que Sera, Sera