?? Migration expert . com

Guest xxsweetpeaxx

Guest xxsweetpeaxx

Hi All,

Has anyone used this company to assist their migration?

http://www.migrationexpert.com

I had filled in the forms online with them before I had discovered the expo in London.

A few days after filling in the forms I recieved an email stating I had passed steps 1 + 2, which were: Australian Visa Eligability Assessment for the skilled independant visa, and, Australian Migration Interview.

I am now being prompted by emails to move to step 3, which is the Visa Application process, and of course they want paying. :shock:

Now I just dont get it?! I have been reading nearly every post on this forum since discovering it, and it seems it just doesnt happen that easily or quickly. Am I being bluffed in some way? Or is it a clever marketing techinique which wants you to assume you are doing quite well, then once they have your money, it turns out you are actually no where in the process.

Or are they genuine?

They seem very official, and state they are registered. But I am still suspicious before parting with any pennies! :?

Any advice great appreciated please!

Many Thanks

Pea,x

Guest jojothehobo

Hi,

We used Migration expert. We paid a fair whack of money for very little advice. We had a phone call that we had to pay too.

It's a legit company but I'd say it's not worthwhile. Little help with filling in the forms but you can get that free from the official website.

The forms are not that frightening really to do on your own. It just needs a clear brain and lots of info.

We weren't aware that they required a police check which has set our application back a month or so.

hope that helps.

jojothehobo

Guest xxsweetpeaxx

Hi,

Thanks for your advice, I'll wait and see what else transpires before parting with any money,

Pea,xx

Hi

We are going it alone, without a migration agent. They may well be worth the money, but i think if you do your reasearch well and read the criteria properly, then it's sort of self explanitory. I have read loads on this forum, of people that have passed skills assesment etc. and how they did it.

Hope you get there!!!

Guest Alison1967

It is a marketing ploy they did the same to me.

I decided to do it myself and the money I saved paid all the costs for the cat to come over plus my flight.

I just made checklists of what info i needed for each question and it wasn't that bad a form to fill in. It was the skills assessment part that was more time consuming.

Three certified copies of everything as you have submit everything for the main application that you enclosed for the skills assessment and one copy just in case something gets lost and your sorted.

Good Luck

Ali

Pea,

As rule I think you probably have to speak with an advisor before parting with money; online assessments are useful if they assist in determining a visa strategy and so long as the questions are answered on the basis that you understand what is being asked.

For example, is your work experience in the last 3 or 4 years skilled? If it is you can claim points for Specific Work Experience. But what is skilled? Can you provide the required evidence to confirm it is?

As to whether or not you should engage a migration agent, I don't think any of us can answer that one for you. If you are methodical and have the time to research the process, your strategy, the documents needed, etc you can probably handle the application without needing an agent. However, some are unsure and want the comfort of engaging someone sho has seen the process before, is there if you want to discuss your application and plans, etc, etc.

It's a bit like preparing a Tax Return - you can do it yourself if you have the time, but most don't want to get it wrong and so pay a fee to engage a tax accountant!

Hope this helps.

Pea,

I can highly recommend dicussing with Phil Olsen who frequents this board as he knows his stuff and will give you an indication whether its possible or not based on your circumstances before taking any of the next steps.

He can be contacted through this forum alternatively you can email at philipo@imaus.com.au . If you contact him just tell him that Tim from PomsInO sent you.

I hope this may help, and good luck whatever route you take!

:D

Hiya

We did the application ourselves as our application seemed pretty straight forward, if yours is too I would suggest having a go, if you think it's not (for whatever reason), then I'd speak to phil like Tim suggests and he'll be able to advise you. I've seen very mixed reports on agents, some whose help has been invauable and worth every penny, whilst others have parted with alot of cash (which could be your air fare!), for little in return.

Ali x

Guest xxsweetpeaxx

Thanks Everybody!!

Your advice has been very helpful, I am chatting with Phil now and hopefully I can find a way!

Regards

Pea,xx

• 2 years later...

Hi

were currently using migration expert and have had no problems what so ever just the opposite there very good i believe i did phone them to begin with for quick chat , i think providing you can back up all the information you initially gave them youll be fine, we payed for the premium service as we both work and not lot of spare time, they,ve filled all our applications in they even had back up plan in place to take a different route should first one not have worked.

we got WA SS on 01/04/09 had pcs and meds done just waiting for case officer.

i do think you always get good and bad reports on pretty much every thing?.

all the best whith your visa.

chris ,

Guest bentkitty

We are using Migration Expert and support has been superb throughout, no idea what some people are referring to as it is a full support service, I have an agent who is Australia based, and always responds to my emails/phone calls on the same day, we are in final stages of our application and she has been chasing the HOC and DIAC daily to push our visa through. They offer two levels of service, one is a very small amount of money to help you with the initial application lodgement, the premium service is a full support service (we paid about £1300). They filled out and lodged our application online, I didnt have to do much at all except sending them all the documentation. Also gave me free advice re: CPV as I would like to bring my mum over once our PR visa arrives.

I think what the step 1 and step 2 are doing is vetting you as a potential client to make sure you have at least some remote chance of succeeding in your application! Step 3 is really actually lodging the application for you, which is what all the other agents do, so it is not a ploy!

PM me if you would like to discuss further. They are a genuine company and i can recommend them. At least not a one man band like some of the agents out there seem to be!!

Guest bentkitty
Hi,

We used Migration expert. We paid a fair whack of money for very little advice. We had a phone call that we had to pay too.

It's a legit company but I'd say it's not worthwhile. Little help with filling in the forms but you can get that free from the official website.

The forms are not that frightening really to do on your own. It just needs a clear brain and lots of info.

We weren't aware that they required a police check which has set our application back a month or so.

hope that helps.

jojothehobo

Sounds like you did not opt for the premium service, am I correct? We are also with them and I have been on the phone to my agent at least a dozen times (the last one yesterday morning), they always call me so I never had to pay a penny. They filled out and lodged all my forms, and they have given me all the info I need throughout, and they chase the DIAC constantly for me (as we are in final stages). Really surprised that your experience was so different from mine!

I just posted a comment on Simple Australian Migration in another thread this morning as someone was asking about them. I don't have an axe to grind with them but I will say that their website does not give me confidence. It has a number of typing and grammatical errors which tells me they don't have good attention to detail! The job of a migration agent is similar to being a lawyer where attention to detail is critical. If they cannot even use spellcheck when their website is set up then I would not be using them! Just my opinion though.

Guest bentkitty
I don't think a 'one man band' is necessarily a bad thing. Professionalism, honesty etc...are not qualities necessarily missing just because a business is run by one migration agent.

ofcourse agree with you, at the end of the day the agent's professional integrity is the top quality above all things. However agents are human after all too and if their personal circumstances change (e.g. sickness, family catastrophe....heaven forbd) it's good to know you will not be left in the lurch! I am with a big(ish) company and my agent decided to move from Melbourne to Sydney for personal reasons which meant that she had to leave the company, so my case was simply handed over to another MARA registered agent there (with my signed approval, before you ask). the new agent was thoroughly briefed by the incumbent and frankly beyond the signature on emails being different I noticed no change in level of service...

A friend of mine was using a one-man migration agent to apply to Canada, and the agent simply disappeared overnight and was MIA for over 3 months (having taken her fee!) - by which time my friend had given up and hired another agent!! Turned out that the agent's wife had cancer and passed away and he claimed he emailed her to warn her, she never received an email. She wasnt too pleased as you can imagine, regardless of his circumstances...

Guest Gollywobbler
Migration Expert and a few other migration visa application sites are a DIY (Do It Yourself) style of migration visa applications.

The concept is that you pay around $400 and then they give you an ebook to complete your application. You also can ask a few questions to help with your application. For $400 I guess your simply getting information to complete your own application.

I inquired with a site call Simple Australian Migration and they claim to complete your application themselves for $800.

I guess it depends on how complicated your visa application will be.

Hello Leonaus

Please explain why you scoured these boards and found a thread on which everybody else finished posting some 2.5 years ago? The last post prior to yours on this thread is dated 8th October 2006.

I am therefore baffled and would be grateful if you would be kind enough to explain.

I am also intrigued by your post above because your only other post so far on Poms in Oz states as follows:

I have found it so hard to choose a web site to help apply for a migration visa to Australia. There are many great sites where you would only know if they were good untill you have paid them money.

Migration International This site stated that you only pay once your visa application has been processed by DIAC but their site was not as good as other sites like Migration Expert.

I saw another jazzy site called Simple Australian Migration This site looks good but does not give prices.

What do you guys think are helpful.

Yet the title which you have given your post on this present thread is:

The concept behind Migration Expert and simular sites.

By the way, "similar" is spelt with two "i"s but no "u"s.

However I guess it is helpful to have the concept of Migration Expert.com and similar sites explained to us all - albeit some two and a half years after the question was originally asked. I expect that the original poster will find your answer most useful, don't you?

Best wishes

Gill :skeptical:

• 1 year later...

Recently I registered on site migrationexpert.com. I pay for online consultation (150$ for 30 working days) and asked their with some questions, so far i not have answers. I write it, write support team of site about my questions some time after but they not answer me.Why? Why ? Please help me

Archived