You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

seanm87

189 Partner Declaration

I have just submitted my EOI on skill select. One of the questions is about relationship status, I am in a relationship but it hasn't been 12 months. Shall I answer De Facto or Never been married?

Also it says do I wish to include a partner on future applications does that mean the immediate application if i am invited to apply or any future partner visas when my relationship is long enough to satisfy the De Facto criteria?

Thanks,

You should answer De Facto because even if the length of the relationship doesn't yet qualify your partner to be included as your de facto partner, that doesn't change the fact of the relationship. If you answer anything else, it will make it difficult to claim the time spent as de facto until now for a later addition to your visa application (or a later Partner visa application).

Sorry, don't know the answer to your second question. To me, it would make sense to say Yes, but I don't know if you can do that when your partner isn't yet eligible to be considered to be your Partner in DIBP's eyes. Hopefully, someone else should be able to clarify that point.

I don't know the answer to your second question but agree that it makes sense to answer Yes since you may indeed want to include your partner in future applications.