Anyone had enough of the City, the Rat Race, the expense, pretentious bearded youths and bad drivers ? I'm over it !

I was thinking northern NSW or southern Queensland.

What thinks you lot, any suggestions ?

I suppose the grass could be greener, but sometimes when you leave the city for the quiet life, it's too damn quiet. Maybe a decent-sized country town like Port Macquarie might suit?

I miss the village life-style I had in the UK but I do like the inner city way of life in Sydney. Wherever you go, it's going to be like emigrating all over again.

Anyone had enough of the City, the Rat Race, the expense, pretentious bearded youths and bad drivers ? I'm over it !

I was thinking northern NSW or southern Queensland.

What thinks you lot, any suggestions ?

Northern NSW would be my choice over southern QLD, but if you are living in NSW and working in QLD then you need to bear in mind that in the summer you will be getting up at stupid o'clock to get to work in time due to QLD having no DST.

BB

Currently Sydney,

looking to move a bit further North with access to a major city, but not in one and without stupid house prices :-)

Where are you now?

Good point about the daylight saving. That would be a very early start for nurses.

Northern NSW would be my choice over southern QLD, but if you are living in NSW and working in QLD then you need to bear in mind that in the summer you will be getting up at stupid o'clock to get to work in time due to QLD having no DST.

BB

I was thinking byron / ballina / tweed.. Both work in healthcare and tis only couple of hours from brizzie.

I do like that area myself so if you can get jobs up there, why not? I could handle living in Tweed Heads, or Byron Bay. I've got a feeling that if you need serious medical care, it might mean going to Brisbane though?

Yes if your anywhere between Lismore / Coffs Harbour Byron or Tweed then the Major Medical retrieval centres are Brisbane or Sydney. NSW Health defaults south otherwise. This is pretty much the same Australia wide but Northern NSW is well serviced for public Hospitals. I'll have to investigate this further.

We are a gay couple so want to avoid conservative Queensland if possible. I struggle with the idea of living in a state that still has a 'Gay Panick Law' though Brisbane / Gold Coast is OK and love Queensland to visit otherwise..

Noosa's nice too. I reckon the Sunshine Coast rather than the Gold Coast. Some of the country towns can be pretty dreary, though.

Too close to Sydney. Thought about all of these areas including the Blue Moutains but they are all still commuter belt for Sydney and Sydney is always going to be your GO TO city.

I'm getting the impression i'm a bit over Sydney here :-)

Hunter Valley/Newcastle/Port Stephens

Too close to Sydney. Thought about all of these areas including the Blue Moutains but they are all still commuter belt for Sydney and Sydney is always going to be your GO TO city.

I'm getting the impression i'm a bit over Sydney here :-)

Nearly 3 years there and could count the trips to Sydney on one hand. Hard to understand exactly what you're after?

Currently Sydney,

looking to move a bit further North with access to a major city, but not in one and without stupid house prices :-)

Newcastle / Port Stephens?

Newie's catchphrase / slogan is sea change.

edit - I've just read that you think it's too close to Sydney. Port Stephens is about 2.5 hours to Sydney so easy access but not the same lifestyle at all.

Edited by Kapri

Newcastle / Port Stephens?

Newie's catchphrase / slogan is sea change.

edit - I've just read that you think it's too close to Sydney. Port Stephens is about 2.5 hours to Sydney so easy access but not the same lifestyle at all.

Much nicer at PS. My daughter is always singing "PS I love you" from the TV ad.

Hi. Thanks all for your suggestions. I wouldnt rule out Newcastle but partner wasn't into it. I fancy going further north TBH. We will have to start spending more time up on the north coast to get a better feel for it. This is all just ideas at the moment after all :cute:

Hi. Thanks all for your suggestions. I wouldnt rule out Newcastle but partner wasn't into it. I fancy going further north TBH. We will have to start spending more time up on the north coast to get a better feel for it. This is all just ideas at the moment after all :cute:

Did you check out Port Stephens?