Guest chatty66

desperate ...need advice to sell house

Guest chatty66

Hi all.. have been on the market since nov o7..need to sell asap...have has stupid offers but no real ones... even slightly realistic ones... have dropped the asking price by 35,000 !!! have seen a few threads on homebuying companies.. am seriously considering that option...any info good or bad would help me so much... thanks chatty

:arghh:

Guest deedardingle

we have looked in to this option

our house had been valued at around 130.000 not on market as yet , we phoned around a few of thies places, best they could offer was £85.000 (and its needs no work at all ). Didnt even come around to look at the place a right joke if you ask me. One co wont mention any names( youll see them on telly) kept ringing and pushing for a sale OH ended up ringing then and having to speak to some sort of manager for them to stop

so unless your truly desperate for the house to sell i wouldnt bother

I wouldn't go down that route either. It might seem like the only option now, but I'd be worried about feeling bitter and resentful later on. We had our house valued at £230,000 last year, its now reduced to £215,000. We rang a few of these companies just to get an idea and they were coming in at £165k - £175k. Sorry but its just not enough.

T xx

Domestic Goddess For Hire

your home cleaned with pride

Guest chatty66

thanks.... i know its a last resort.... but really need to get to perth... thanks for your help...chatty

Hi all.. have been on the market since nov o7..need to sell asap...

Have you considered letting? The market for property sales is indeed pretty dire, but the letting market is booming for some types of houses. There are lots of people who have sold but don't want to buy in a falling market, and plenty who'd like to buy but can't get a mortgage. So it might be an option for you. Look at fully managed letting via an agent who will handle most of the issues for you.

Cheers

b

Aspiring to Perth. ACS Application sent 07/02/08, acknowledged 12/02/08, passed 11/04/08 (2231-79). IELTS test 19/04/08.

Guest snoo

Just had to tell you this because having your house on market since '07 makes me chuckle a little (not in a rude way, just in a......'I wish my house had only been on for 5 months' kinda way!!)

We've had our house on the market for TWO years....yes that's TWO years! It's not a shed, it's quite a nice place....if you go to UK Estate agents with homes, houses & property for sale on rightmove.co.uk you can see it! It's a nice area, schools, shops. I've just got no idea what I'm doing wrong!!

Anyway, don't get upset, we've done the Xmas period of no selling/buying and now that the government has sorted out the mortgage probs with the banks it should be back to sell, sell, sell!!

I wish you all of the luck in the world!!

Lisa,x

Guest Andrea Bridge

Our's is on the market now at £325,000. It started off at £350,000, and we were asked to drop. We contacted a couple of these companies, and they have offered £290,000. When I spoke to the Estate Agent, even he said that we might want to look into it. There are no fees, and they pay £1,000 towards your legal expenses. (Which cannot be much more than that).

Also, the Estate Agent says we will need to reduce again soon, to keep as low as everyone else. On top of that, we would have an Estate Agent's bill of just under £10K... which we would not have with the House Buying lot.

When you add it all up, it starts to get more tempting. It would take the stress out of tidying up every five minutes for people to come and take the piss... it would also save us the expense of renting out (£130 per month, plus fixing/repair bills)... etc. etc. It would be an end to this life, and a start (afresh) to our life in Oz.

Not sure yet..... but we really are considering it. I know we are lucky to be able to do so.

Good luck everyone!

ANDREA X

That sounds like a good offer, I contacted one of those companies that buy your house and they only offered me 80% of our market value, they would offer a higher % to someone who was in arrears with thier morgage but for someone emigrating only 80% ! - which really would not be worth it.

we have also been looking at renting out, releasing some of the equity to cover expences etc but the morgage payments, agents fee's and maintainance would only just be covered by the rent and then we could end up with a few months of it empty when we try to sell.

This is doing my head right in aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhfghggggggggggggggggggg

Visa - MODL 136 Childcare Coordinator

1st TRA application, Nov 06, as a Childcare Coordinator came back positive as Hairdresser so...........

TRA ack 20/03/ app 27/04/07

Visa lodged 14/05/07

PC back 10/07/07

visa ack 14/08/07

C O 26/09/07 (11/09/07)

meds arrived 22/10/07

VISAs granted 14/12/07:biglaugh:

Just had to tell you this because having your house on market since '07 makes me chuckle a little (not in a rude way, just in a......'I wish my house had only been on for 5 months' kinda way!!)

We've had our house on the market for TWO years....yes that's TWO years! It's not a shed, it's quite a nice place....if you go to UK Estate agents with homes, houses & property for sale on rightmove.co.uk you can see it! It's a nice area, schools, shops. I've just got no idea what I'm doing wrong!!

Anyway, don't get upset, we've done the Xmas period of no selling/buying and now that the government has sorted out the mortgage probs with the banks it should be back to sell, sell, sell!!

Lisa,x

Lisa,

What a wonderful house you have there and a fantastic landscaped garden,

You are not doing anything wrong it just the general housing market in the uk at the mo and peeps cant afford to buy, despite the lower property prices peeps are feeling the pinch from higher interest rates.

It is becoming more difficult for peeps to be able to obtain & also thanks to the higher interest rates maintain the monthly payments hence double the number of home repossessions in 2007.

Hang in there

All the best

gizmo :cool:

** Here There,Where Ever Be Happy**

Guest Angelcake

Lisa,x

Lisa, just thought Id say that your house is GORGEOUS!!! I honestly don't know why it hasnt sold - it's immaculate!!

Just goes to show the state of the market at the moment!!

Anyway fingers crossed for a sale soon

Angelcake

Guest Aqua

Id hang in there and would rent out. Some forecast the credit crunch to run another couple of years yet. So if possible I would rent until market improves

Guest The Thomsons

It's soooooooo frustrating isn't it, when the only thing stopping you going is the flippin' house!! I am desperate to get rid of ours, to the point now where I am starting to hate the place, even though it has been a lovely home really. I wouldn't mind if we were getting viewers, at least I could think that it is probably just overpriced or something, but we are not getting anyone through the door!:arghh: