GSM 189 Visa Taking longer for no reason

Cool1001

Hi I had lodged my visa on july 16, CO assigned 26 sept.its 21 oct today, had already uploaded every required docs beforehand. no correspondence from the CO. Since the case is taking more than 3 months as specified in the website. Mailed some queries to the co with the case number on the title but no response what-so-ever. Did anyone face similar kind of problem.

Applied on 2nd of May. CO allocated on 18th of August. Submitted everything by 24th of August. Still waiting as they keep saying they are waiting for some security clearance by some external agencies..!

Did you get reply from the CO ? but i on the other hand don't have any reply from them... anyway i hope it all will be over soon and hope we will have a grant soon

I suggest you take a chill pill.. It took us 18 months to get our visa, about 3 years ago.

yeah thanks for your input. but since then the time frame for the visa approval seems to have shortened drastically as per this website http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charters/client-services-charter/visas/8.0.htm so its an obvious reason to be alarmed you know. but thanks again

I suggest you take a chill pill.. It took us 18 months to get our visa, about 3 years ago.

They can take 3 years or 5 years, or whichever suits them . But mentioning 3 months on websites and then confirming that over the phone, and then not replying makes it hard to just chill over it just like that. Also, they keep referring to security checks by external agencies! And they don't mention about this probable delay clearly before lodging the application.

This whole process disrupts a lot of plans...

They actually say they aim to process 75% of applications within those timeframes. So 25% can fall outside them, and even then this is just a target for them. In actual fact some take a lot longer for no known reason (perhaps external security checks, perhaps due to medical/police records, perhaps due to short-staffing at the DIBP offices). The best thing you can do is wait as patiently as possible, and be ready to respond to any requests they may make for information.

My application has also taken well over 1 year... Called up DIBP on Monday 20th October, 2014 and they told me that my application was complete ie. I have provided all documents that they have requested for, but the application is undergoing checks (The Nature of which they cannot reveal to me).... The waiting is tormenting, especially when other applicants in my region/country have already been granted their visas.. It's hard to make big career/life decisions when a big part of your hopes are pegged on Migration and a visa. After a year of waiting... the anxiety grows into frustration and you get tempted to just move on with your life and / or make entirely new plans altogether. The Question is: Is it really worth the wait?

:unsure:

Edited by dangargoyle

My application has also taken well over 1 year... Called up DIBP on Monday 20th October, 2014 and they told me that my application was complete ie. I have provided all documents that they have requested for, but the application is undergoing checks (The Nature of which they cannot reveal to me).... The waiting is tormenting, especially when other applicants in my region/country have already been granted their visas.. It's hard to make big career/life decisions when a big part of your hopes are pegged on Migration and a visa. After a year of waiting... the anxiety grows into frustration and you get tempted to just move on with your life and / or make entirely new plans altogether. The Question is: Is it really worth the wait?

:unsure:

I feel for you man. I hope that we won't have to live in this limbo for too long. but what can be said right. But if only the process was made a bit transparent, if not it would be better if we could at least have some knowledge about how much we have to wait, cause we have invested our time and money in it. I agree that we have to go through checks and all the necessary procedures but it would be much easier for us to make our plans and make up our mind for the coming future...

• 2 weeks later...